Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If upcoming episodes were filmed prior to pandemic why didn't they air them? [Merged]

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If upcoming episodes were filmed prior to pandemic why didn't they air them? [Merged]

I read some of the fist episodes coming were filmed before the pandemic. if true why didn't they show them before

What do I know, but, it seems to me that the show must have seen what was coming (shutdown) so they held on to new episodes, so that when they thought that the end may be in sight, they showed the repeats to remind us, months later, where we left off. Held back, new episodes to be shown, when they thought that they may be back in production, just to buy time for not missing a beat, if they actually get to keep production going.

That remains to be seen, but, at least the board will have something new to rag on the show about. Hopefully/maybe, they won't have to get shut down again and the show will go on and on.
    Last edited by franron; August 2, 2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if the entire week of August 3rd was filmed before the shutdown?

Comment

I think they just wanted to end on a cliffhanger in some way, like with Mike's health and the custody hearing.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
          OLTLBoomer commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree - what TPTB chose to end on were excellent cliffhangers. And those eppys already in the can are an excellent buffer for current production.

Maybe they didn't have enough scenes to make a full episode, so they just held them for later.

Comment

I agree. I think they wanted to end with a cliffhanger.

It is also possible that they had some scenes from these episodes taped, but not full episodes. Or what they had taped was out of sequence,

But personally, I think the cliffhanger is the reason they stopped where they did.

Comment

I'm sure they wanted to end on a cliffhanger. After BB started airing new episodes it was announced that they did the same thing......held on to some episodes.

Comment

Sometimes scenes are filmed for future and not for the "next day"' - maybe they have scenes that weren't ready to be shown yet due to adding other scenes for continuity.

Comment

My guess would be that things like the courtroom stuff they probably already completed, but had not completed other scenes for other stories so they would not have enough for an entire show unless the whole show was the courtroom, which they do not do. I don't even care anymore, just glad for some new content and hope it does not disappoint!

Comment

Maybe they didn't have them fully edited in time? I know Bold and the Beautiful recently aired two episodes that were filmed before the shutdown.

Comment

I think that they don't shoot in sequence. Get a set set up, film everything that will happen on it, because they will tear it down and rebuild another set and shoot everything that will occur on that set. That's why they're actors. Able to act out the script according to what set they're standing on that day. In sequence doesn't/can't matter.

Comment

Well the previews and some cast have noted some shocker revealed, so if that is the case, perhaps they wanted to lead back instead of leave off with that?

Comment

I know with some shows post production wasn't finished yet so they had to hold some episodes. I know with Supernatural (which only has 5 episodes left) they had some of the episodes finished but they weren't able to air them because production wasn't able to work on them due to the pandemic. I can imagine that may be the case with GH and with the B&B.

Comment

Because they wanted to have some episodes that they could use while they filmed new ones, That would be my guess

Comment

My guess it’s because the episodes weren’t edited until recently. Remember literally everything was shut down at one point including post production studios. GH is likely too complicated for editors to work on from home. They needed their studio space. The prime time series Supernatural ran into the same issue. They had 5 episodes shot before the shut down that they have yet to air because they were unable to edit them.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X