Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite GH Ingenue?

For me it has to be Laura at the height of the Luke and Laura heyday. I feel like she was the blueprint for the soap opera ingenue, young, beautiful, that has an air of innocence about her with strength. Genie even appeared on the cover of TV Guide and they called her the "tragic princess which I feel embodies the ingenue role. Elizabeth Webber is a close second.

Laura was the reason I stopped changing the channel and watched my first minutes of a soap opera while home one day while home from high school. Genie Francis was the reason I started watching and still watch 40 years later.

Liz is a close second. Her fiery bad girl start, the tragic rape story and the touching and lovely romance with Lucky.. she's just marvelous! I will always love Liz no matter what the writers do to her because Rebecca Herbst is wonderful and gorgeous.

Comment

Your choices are identical to the ones that I just clicked to enter. Laura by a mile, here her beauty and a smile that could light up the darkest of nights. It is Laura who made me start watching GH. I love that she was a strong girl and a strong women in a time where women were still kept in the kitchen, but yearning to spring free.

Elizabeth is definitely in second place. I loved her pretending to be wild while still an innocent girl, and how she kept her head up as she overcame the horror that awaited her in the park that day. I love the mother and nurse that she became. She never relied on her beauty to pull her through, but on her brains and wit, and with that innocence, it still happened.

Of course later writing regimes tried to destroy both women to plug their darker storylines, but those of us who knew these women as created know who they were and the more recent depictions were very untrue to characterr.

Comment

Robin Scorpio definitely

Comment

Laura, Liz, Emily, Courtney.

Comment

Laura, but I've also loved Holly, Celia Quartermaine, Karen Wexler, and Elizabeth

Comment

Laura - late 70s and 80s.
              Elizabeth - 80s and early 90s
              Emily - late 90s and early 2000s
              Best hope for 2020s - Joss

Comment

• sasha_96
                sasha_96 commented
                Editing a comment
                Elizabeth’s first air date was August 1, 1997.

• WalnutGirl
                WalnutGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                I always thought the Emily and the Zander story was stupid considering he kidnapped her. It's Ok to be his friend and encourage him to reform, but not get involved. But this is the same show that allowed Laura to marry her rapist, and Calry got involved with Franco, the man who arranged for Michael to get raped.

I see Emily mentioned alot. On paper I should have loved her, she was the daughter of a prominent family in PC, and after marrying Nikolas she became an actual princess but for me it was the exact opposite. I was not a fan of Emily at all at least not Natalia Livingston's version. The way she treated Zander for Nikolas left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Comment

Again, when I first saw this thread, Robin immediately came to mind, so I will go with her.

But for current day GH, I agree with OLTLBoomer Joss definitely is going to be the next beloved ingenue.

Comment

I honestly like Willow the best. And I have been watching since the late 60's!

Comment

Right now for me it's Willow.

Past favorite ingenues for me have been Laura (still love her), Liz when she was with Jason, Courtney, & Emily.

Comment

Amber Tamblyn's Emily was a good ingenue.

Molly had some ingenue qualities, though I always thought of her intelligence more than her innocence.

Was Brenda an ingenue when she first got involved with Sonny?

Comment

• regalbeagle
                        regalbeagle commented
                        Editing a comment
                        When Brenda was 18 and the romance began with 30-something mob boss Sonny, she felt very innocent in contrast to him.

• O_Snap!
                        O_Snap! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think Brenda was more a vixen.

• OLTLBoomer
                        OLTLBoomer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @regalbeagle: innocent is a word I would not use in describing Brenda. I agree with OSnap that Brenda is a vixen. Her realtionship with Sonny was one of the first things that disturbed me and led to my leaving GH for a time. Their relationship IMHO was borderline predatory - she was too young, and Sonny was not a nice man.

Originally posted by regalbeagle View Post
                      Amber Tamblyn's Emily was a good ingenue.

Molly had some ingenue qualities, though I always thought of her intelligence more than her innocence.

Was Brenda an ingenue when she first got involved with Sonny?
                      I always felt like Brenda was more on the vixen side. Karen fit the ingenue role more than Brenda did back then I think.

Comment

I think of Trina as a modern day ingenue. She has this beautiful complexion and an admirable personality. I love that she adds 20s spunk to the character., but she is still quite innocent in the ways of the world.

Comment

• regalbeagle
                          regalbeagle commented
                          Editing a comment
                          This choice intrigues me. Trina is very innocent, sweet and unworldly.

I wanted to answer this question. But I’m confused what is ingenue?

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
                          OLTLBoomer commented
                          Editing a comment
                          From wikipedia:
                          The ingénue /ˈɑːnʒeɪnuː/ is a stock character in literature, film and a role type in the theater; generally a girl or a young woman who is endearingly innocent. Ingénue may also refer to a new young actress or one typecast in such roles. The term comes from the feminine form of the French adjective ingénu meaning "ingenuous" or innocent, virtuous and candid. The term may also imply a lack of sophistication and cunning.
                          Typically, the ingénue is beautiful, kind, gentle, sweet, virginal and often naïve, in mental or emotional danger or even physical danger, usually a target of the cad; whom she may have mistaken for the hero.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X