Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Sonny and Carly hold the record for marriages and vow renewals?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Sonny and Carly hold the record for marriages and vow renewals?

I didn't start watching soaps until the early 2000s. I was wondering if any couple, across all the soaps, has had more weddings and vow renewals than Sonny and Carly. I was thinking that Victor and Nikki on Y&R are the closest but not sure.

Including vow renewals, I think it's a tie between Sonny/Carly and Nikki/Victor on Y&R.

Comment

I think they've married one another four times since 2000.

Comment

John and Marlena on Days have had a ton of weddings too like 6/7 from 1999 til now. And two before that but they have been interrupted a few times too so Idk if that counts

Comment

Here goes, this is based off the character profiles from Soapcentral pages.

Sonny/Carly 4 weddings, 1 vow renewal: married September 2000, renewed vows February 2001; married 2002, married January 16, 2007, 2015 remarriage in GH chapel when Sonny was in the hospital

Victor/Nikki technically married 4 times, but one time was invalid.. Married in 1984, divorced in 1988; married in 1998-invalid because Victor was still married to Diane; married September 5, 2002; divorced January 21, 2008; married March 2013

John/Marlena: not sure on this one, but I could only find exact information for two of them.. December 7, 2006; divorced in August 2008 (he was married to Hope, so the marriage was not valid). Then they got married January 23, 2009 but also invalid because he was married to Hope. They also apparently were married and divorced off-screen. Remarried in 2018..This link has more information on their various struggles over the years: https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2020/da...alentines-day/ .
          Last edited by soapgirl9; July 18, 2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

• sasha_96
            sasha_96 commented
            Editing a comment
            Three weddings and three vow renewals, two divorces. First wedding to ensure that Carly would not have to testify against Sonny before they fell in love in the penthouse in 2000 with SJB as Carly, vow renewal in Martinique in 2001 with SJB as Carly, vow renewal in the penthouse with TB as Carly in 2002, divorce, remarriage in 2007 when Sonny tricked Carly into thinking they needed to be married to she would not have to testify against him with LW as Carly (never consummated), divorce, 2015 wedding in the hospital with LW as Carly, and vow renewal last year at the house with LW as Carly.

• deniseisra
            deniseisra commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess Sonny and Carly do hold the record.

Originally posted by soapgirl9 View Post
          Here goes, this is based off the character profiles from Soapcentral pages.

Sonny/Carly 4 weddings, 1 vow renewal: married September 2000, renewed vows February 2001; married 2002, married January 16, 2007, 2015 remarriage in GH chapel when Sonny was in the hospital

Victor/Nikki technically married 4 times, but one time was invalid.. Married in 1984, divorced in 1988; married in 1998-invalid because Victor was still married to Diane; married September 5, 2002; divorced January 21, 2008; married March 2013

John/Marlena: not sure on this one, but I could only find exact information for two of them.. December 7, 2006; divorced in August 2008 (he was married to Hope, so the marriage was not valid). Then they got married January 23, 2009 but also invalid because he was married to Hope. They also apparently were married and divorced off-screen. Remarried in 2018..This link has more information on their various struggles over the years: https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2020/da...alentines-day/ .

So I actually did some digging and John and Marlena have been married 6 times, but only 2 were legal. They divorced once. They have had 2 other interrupted weddings and one vow renewal for a total of 9 weddings since 1986 lol.
          But Carly/Sonny are quite a bit younger so they still have time. And probably have the record for GH.

Comment

• deniseisra
            deniseisra commented
            Editing a comment
            Great sleuthing!!!

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome, thanks for sharing vmfan! Give Carly and Sonny a few years and they'll tie John/Marlena for sure!

Any B&B watchers out there? I feel like Ridge and Brooke have to be up there. Does legality count, or just the ceremony?

Comment

Originally posted by smirks View Post
            Any B&B watchers out there? I feel like Ridge and Brooke have to be up there. Does legality count, or just the ceremony?
            I don't watch B&B but it looks like they have had 11! wedding ceremonies. 3 interrupted and 2? invalid and they have legal been married 6 times. I guess they win lol.

Comment

• deniseisra
              deniseisra commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't watched B&B in years but yes it looks like Brooke and Ridge hold the title.

Originally posted by smirks View Post
            Don't forget Hope and Liam. I think they've had at least seven weddings: 3 attempts with Kim Matula in the role, four with Annika Noel in the role (the first one was stopped, the second one was legal, the third one ceremonial with Douglas officiating, and the 4th one, legal, off-screen).

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang and they are younger

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X