Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Quartermaine was a piece of work

Watching old episodes from early 2000 when Carly just found out she was pregnant with Sonny's baby. The Quartermaine's told Carly she could move out but she had to leave Michael. Bobbie thought of a compromise to take in Carly and Michael and Edward refused. Edward presented Carly with a restraining order that would block her from being a part of Michael's life and Monica just asked her to give away all rights to Michael. Edward also served Sonny with a restraining order to stay away from Carly and his unborn child. Long story short they only cared about Michael and wanted to do whatever they could to keep him in their house. Watching this made things more clear. People act like Carson were the only ones that did anything but it seems that the Quartermaine's started this fight. There is no way that the Quartermaine's would have allowed joint custody. I understand why Carly asked Sonny for help because she felt that it was the only way that she could hold on to both her children.

Edward was an horrid father. BUT remember Carly started this when she lied and kept Michael from Aj. There were not good guys in this story

Comment

• deniseisra
      deniseisra commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like if Edward had stayed out of it then things would have went a lot smoother.

It was actually Jason who asked Sonny to get involved and get Carly out of the house. That's why he did it. But yes, the Quartermaines were at fault, and as you said, it's arguable that they started this stage of the fight. They were not innocent lambs like many want to call them.

Comment

• THB54
      THB54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think people see the Quartermaines as innocent lambs. But if some want to believe that, it needs to be acknowledged that Carly, Sonny and Jason weren't innocent lambs either. And, they've made a history of keeping kids from their parents - because, of course, they are honest, noble and law-abiding. Bestest parents ever.

Almost as bad as AJ, all the other Qs used Michael like a pawn, too. He was a prize to be won, and a way to snub their entitled noses at Sonny and Carly. But yeah, CarSon were the bad guys because...reasons.

Comment

• THB54
      THB54 commented
      Editing a comment
      As I noted above - this street goes both ways. There were bad guys on both sides of this.

• heddalee
      heddalee commented
      Editing a comment
      We're talking about the Carly who seduced and shot Tony, right?

• Chris
      Chris commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean, not gonna defend the Q's, who frankly just always behaved like you'd expect they would, but there ARE actual reasons why CarSon were the bad guys when this all played out.

The point is the Quartermaines are rarely if ever seen that way or discussed as such.

Comment

• deniseisra
      deniseisra commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks ghfan2001. That was my point of the post......no one really talked about how the Qs got this all started and how basically everyone was just fighting for control of Michael.

Had Carly allowed the Qs full custody of Michael, Michael wouldn’t have gotten shot in the head or ended up in prison, so there’s that.

Comment

• heddalee
      heddalee commented
      Editing a comment
      The Qs had some bad luck there, but I guess (from our perspective) it really was just luck.

Now I need to go back and watch after Jason had his accident. If they were acting this same way towards Jason when he couldn't remember then I can understand why he became frustrated and pulled away from them.

Comment

And in the end, Edward was right all along. Ironic IMO.

Comment

I am not one of those with warm fuzzy feelings for the Great Q family. TO me they were newbies that came and ate up the show. Edward was a horrid father and Lyla did nothing to protect her children. The babies were props to him from AJ vs Ned to Michael

BUT when the Michael story started. Aj was making a life for himself away from his family. This is when I liked him He was staying sober and living on his own. Of course there is never a guarantee that one will stay sober. But after Carly's dirty tricks AJ felt the need for his family power.

THere were really no good guys in this

Comment

they had every right t want full custody. carly drugged AJ, made him think he fell off the wagon and then used the baby to get tony. carly started it. she didn't want AJ as the father even back when she liked him

Comment

The Quartermaines should've got full custody of Michael too. It's why I root for Nelle, because Carly is a damn hyporite.

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
              LukeIsDaMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Same, I will always root for Nelle!

lets see....

tricking a family members significant other into being with them romantically (x) while this was fake for nelle im still gonna add it
            tricking a man into being with you/having sex with you and then ending up pregnant (x)
            leaving the child after birth and then lying about the paternity of your baby (x)
            getting into a custody battle with the father of your son while also fighting with his family all while they are trying to take your son away from you (x)
            being adopted and not finding your mother until you come to port charles (x)

... hmmm sounds like history is being repeated, but sadly nelle doesnt have a jason or sonny to save her.

Comment

But when he was with Lila, he had a gentle side. I miss Edward and Lila.

Comment

• FLPeaches
                FLPeaches commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just going to say this ..
                Eddie Q was a real scoundrel, but he could also be such a teddy-bear.
                Lila had the magic touch. ♥♥ I miss them, too.

He was wonderful with Emily as well.
                Last edited by FLPeaches; July 15, 2020, 01:19 PM. Reason: added Emily.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X