• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brigros
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2007

why haven't they tried sonny and olivia

i don't think they've ever tried have they? it''d be more interesting than cason and kate is dead so
  • raheast
    Scriptwriter
    • Sep 2005

They flirted with the idea around the time Kate came on but the writers realized it made no sense. Olivia left Sonny as a teenager because of the mob she wouldn’t want a mobster as an adult. That’s why she left Johnny.

Comment

• PinkDiamond
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Apr 2007

That did try them and I think because Olivia is so over the top...and a snooze fest ...which wasn't a good fit with Sonny...they abandoned it quickly
      Last edited by PinkDiamond; July 10, 2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• deniseisra
        deniseisra commented
        Editing a comment
        Olivia came off as more of a mother figure. Plus she wanted to be up in the mob business and dictate to Sonny what he should do. She was talking as the mother of a cop and wanting Sonny to go to Dante with mob issues. From that point you knew it wasn't going to work.
    • ghfan2001
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jun 2013

Sonny dated Olivia in 2013/2014 and cheated on her with Ava in the Q crypt.

Olivia in her own way actually facilitated CarSon's reunion, which was horribly rushed and terribly written. One could tell that RC wasn't into it. he wanted Cranco but Carly fans were not having it. They never took to Franco the way Liz fans did. CarSon's reunion should have been better, more than what it was, if they were going to bother. Was very disappointing on the whole at the time.
      Last edited by ghfan2001; July 10, 2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• deniseisra
        deniseisra commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Carson's reunion was typical Carson. Starting off with one of them cheating....Sonny pursuing her nonstop until he gets what he wants.

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        IMO It is mostly RoHo fans that took to Franco and Liz.

Liz fans know that relationship makes no sense
    • SamandWillowFan
      Senior Board Member
      • Dec 2018

They did try them. They were together most of 2013. It ended when Sonny cheated on her with Ava.

Comment

• deniseisra
        deniseisra commented
        Editing a comment
        It always bothered me how quickly Sonny moved on to Olivia after the supposed love of his life Connie died. The writing was on the wall that it wouldn't last.

• Ribbonette
        Ribbonette commented
        Editing a comment
        deniseisra Oh yeah, that bugged me too. I sway back & forth between liking Olivia or not and I don't like Sonny - not sure why I cared - lol
    • sonyab1974
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2007

They did try it! Sonny and Olivia were a couple, but Sonny screwed it up when he had hate sex with Ava!!

Comment

• Sharon Sims
        Recurring Poster
        • Aug 2019

I think Olivia is a perfect fit for Somny she got the quality of a goodfellas girl why they change her personality idk but she could have the perfect one for Sonny ( the writers miss the mark with Olivia. jmop.

Comment

• peak_a_bu
          Senior Board Member
          • May 2009

a lot of fans did a lot complaining about not liking them, I wasn't;'t a fan

Comment

• Forgiveness_Man
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Nov 2006

I prefer they keep Olivia with Ned. I think they fit well together and wish they just had Leo be his and not Julian's.

Comment

• jodyb22
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2009

I kind of liked them together - at least the way they physically looked together. I thought they made a very attractive pair and that she had that mob wife look about her.
            Apparently fans and tptb didn't think so. Sonny wasn't emotionally invested in her. She seemed like a bed warmer for him.

Comment

• O_Snap!
              Soap Addict
              • Sep 2009

Keep her a Q. I really like her and Ned when they feature them together and I think she fits in perfect at Monica's house.

Comment

• OLTL'69
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Apr 2011

That latest Sonny and Olivia was pretty forgettable . I had forgotten until we had that repeat where (joy for me) Dante was mad at his dad for five minutes for cheating on his mom

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X