Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I forgot how much Carly could be a SMother.

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot how much Carly could be a SMother.

She was a little over the top with her reaction to Michael and Abby hugging. Michael was a grown man at that point who had been to jail and raped by another man. I would think he could handle hugging a not so much older woman.

Carly is still overly involved in adult Michael's life.

Comment

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right?!?! She has not changed one bit. Michael will never grow up w/Carly around!

• soapgirl9
      soapgirl9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is sad, because he should be able to do basic things without mommy controlling his life.

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I couldn't agree more. It is incredibly sad. Michael should be leading his own stories, not having his mommy fighting his battles, esp. when she has a disabled newborn she should be looking after!

You forgot ? I see it in new episodes still lol

Comment

• OLTL'69
      OLTL'69 commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL it is more jarring when the son is almost 30. But I can see an 90 year old Calry smothering her 70 year old son

• soapgirl9
      soapgirl9 commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it, Wendall Wilcox. My brother is 30 and he would NOT stand for that kind of behavior from my mom at all.

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly!! She has yet to let her over grown son handle his own issues. He's such a man baby and mama's boy. It's sad and pathetic!

So was Michael 18 when he went to prison? And Carly thinks this woman is 10 years older than he is? So he's 20ish and Abby is 30ish?

First of all it's not Carly's business at all. She can have an opinion, but to openly work to keep Michael from seeing anyone is just too much smothering. And you're right, she still does it to this day. Although she was right about Nell.

And why does a 30 y-o stripper need a math tutor? Was she trying to get her GED or something? I thought I was watching in 2012, but I don't even remember Abby.

Comment

Michael was 18 and on parole. Abby was a 28 year old stripper who would have run ins with strip club patrons who Michael ended up fighting, plus a violent ex boyfriend . Carly’s concern about this relationship was appropriate and completely justified.

Comment

I don't know Michael's exact age but I know he wore a school uniform when he was dating Abby. Carly had the right to be upset about him and an older stripper. If he was a few years older I'd agree she should stay out of it but not when he is still attending high school. She gets to butt into his life then.

Comment

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is hard to make sense of age of a character who aged almost ten years during a one year coma. When they were talking about him tutoring Math I thought what the fifth grade math he learned before being shot?

• deniseisra
          deniseisra commented
          Editing a comment
          They had Michael as 19 when he graduated because he was a year behind from being in a coma and going to jail. Kristina was a year ahead because she is super smart. That is why Michael and Kristina were able to graduate together.

• deniseisra
          deniseisra commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW if my high school son was dating a stripper that was 10 years older than him I would be concerned too. This is one of the times that I would give Carly a pass.

You forgot? LOL! She hasn't changed at all. She's still way too involved in her 35-year old son's life!!

Comment

Michael isn't 35, and he wasn't sorased 10 years after he was shot. He was 12 when he was shot and woke up 16 years old.

Comment

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            You got it. They used that year-long coma to age Michael a few years. He was still wearing his high school uniform, going to school with Kristina post-coma. If we're talking real time, he would be 23 this December. However, due to them aging him, his birth year also changed so he's in his late 20s now. You gotta love when they SORAS characters- I was six years old when he was born on screen, and now Michael's the same age as me. They also used Morgan's time in military school to age him from pre-teen to mid to late teen years. A bit odd that we only saw a few years of them as teenagers.
            Last edited by soapgirl9; July 10, 2020, 03:59 PM.

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            I honestly don't care how old Michael is. The character is at least 30, and his busybody mama is still up in his business. It's pathetic and sad.

Carly is still overly involved in Michael's love life, to the point where Michael still doesn't really come across as an adult, which is why he can't be a believable leading male character. Sonny is a helicopter parent as well. He and Carly both really need to let Michael lead his own life.
          Last edited by BellesRose; July 11, 2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• BellesRose
            BellesRose commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m afraid that both Sonny and Carly have such domineering personalities that Michael will be under their thumbs as long as he lives near them. He may need to leave Port Charles to be able to have a life of his own.

• lala214
            lala214 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!!

I disagree about Sonny though. I really don't see him involving himself in Michael's affairs, but Carly cannot let Michael grow up. She must involve herself in every aspect of his life. It's weird. Michael is a pathetic mama's boy. He just waits around for his mommy to fight his battles and help him w/his problems. Why the writers won't let his character grow up is beyond me?!?!

• deniseisra
            deniseisra commented
            Editing a comment
            I think it got worse after Morgan died. Sonny even pointed this out to Carly one of the times he was trying to get her to stay out of Michael's business.

Michael is 27 according to the actual show. Saying you think it’s different doesn’t make it so. Michael is 27. Period. 27. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Wendall Wilcox View Post
            You forgot ? I see it in new episodes still lol
            Exactly! Especially since she lost Morgan. Which is totally understandable.

Comment

That's funny, but I can see a 90 year old Carly correcting 70 year old Michael in a nursing home. LOL!

Comment

• OLTL'69
                OLTL'69 commented
                Editing a comment
                That young sixty year old hussy is after Michael . I am his mother I know what is best for him Then she will be telling the nurses what time he should get his meds and what mealls he likes

Carly does have her nose in her kids' business, but to be fair, I can't see any mother being happy that her teenage son -- even if he was legally an adult -- was interested in a stripper who was 10 years older. Michael might have been 18, but he was still in high school, and he was obviously damaged emotionally by the rape and everything that had come before.

What always surprised me was that Carly was okay with Kiki. Kiki who first was going to marry Morgan, then became Michael's girlfriend.

Comment

• deniseisra
                deniseisra commented
                Editing a comment
                Carly wasn't in her right mind during the Morgan/Kiki/Michael triangle......she was dating Franco!!!

In a lot of these I understand the concern.. But I feel that a parent can have concerns and even voice them but then you have to let your adult child be an adult

The time I just had to laugh out loud at Carly is when KIm first had reservations about her son being with Joss the step kid of Sonny. THAT TIME Carly was all outraged that a parent dare get invovld and let us let our children make decisions. She did not like being on the other side of "that family is not good enough for my child"

Comment

• WalnutGirl
                WalnutGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                That's Carly for you.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X