Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No wonder Ryan was so messed up

I read his his biography on Who's Who and discovered his sicko mom molested him as a kid. Was Kevin victimized as well? Did their perverted mom ever appear on the show? I recall a similar story on As The World Turns involving Angel Lange's dad.

Mom was only shown in very limited flashbacks, maybe never saw her face?

Their father was on the show and also went on to PORT CHARLES.

Comment

Was it ever noted poppa knew his wife was a sicko? I slightly recall seeing him on General H., a few times.

Comment

My understanding is that the dad took Kevin and left, leaving Ryan with his mom. So, no, Kevin was not victimized by the mom.

Comment

I went back and watched these episodes on You Tube very recently to see how this dynamic of sexual abuse of one identical twin but not the other played on TV.

I heard Kevin telling Lucy, I believe it was, that the abuse of Ryan by their mother started when he was 4 years old. She would take baths with him, and only Ryan, and we can infer that other things happened in the bathroom out of sight.

The father was wealthy and traveled. On one occasion, the mother of the twins did sexually abuse her other twin, Kevin. His father came home about this time, he told him, and the father took Kevin and only Kevin away from the house, his mother, and his twin to live elsewhere.

The twins were separated for many years, Ryan being a psychopath because of the abuse by his mother during his formative years, and Kevin has lived with enormous guilt because he was the " saved twin". His dad chose him over Ryan..... Likely the father didn't want Ryan because he could see aberrant behavior in the boy already.

Kevin's never overcome his guilt, and Ryan's never overcome his warped mind. Both are more or less locked into the feelings they had at the ages they were when they were old enough to realize how their mother was violating them. ( Ages 5-6 usually).

Kevin cried when he told the story... it was not shown in flashbacks, much was hinted at but adults certainly should know what it was implied that the mother made Ryan, and once, Kevin, do to her in the bathroom at such an early age.

Comment

Thank you, I sporadically watched the soap back, in addition I never paid much attention to Kevin or Lucy. I had no idea Kevin came from wealth. Both of his parents were losers. But it is good soaps highlight that sadly mothers too can be sexually abusive as well.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
              My understanding is that the dad took Kevin and left, leaving Ryan with his mom. So, no, Kevin was not victimized by the mom.
              Yes Kevin was victimized once. When she thought Kevin was Ryan. That's why the dad took Kevin and left.

Comment

• AMHardulak
                AMHardulak commented
                Editing a comment
                ^^Thanks so much. I had forgotten this. Makes sense why Kevin has felt guilty about Ryan

Originally posted by MalteseBaby View Post
              I went back and watched these episodes on You Tube very recently to see how this dynamic of sexual abuse of one identical twin but not the other played on TV.

I heard Kevin telling Lucy, I believe it was, that the abuse of Ryan by their mother started when he was 4 years old. She would take baths with him, and only Ryan, and we can infer that other things happened in the bathroom out of sight.

The father was wealthy and traveled. On one occasion, the mother of the twins did sexually abuse her other twin, Kevin. His father came home about this time, he told him, and the father took Kevin and only Kevin away from the house, his mother, and his twin to live elsewhere.

The twins were separated for many years, Ryan being a psychopath because of the abuse by his mother during his formative years, and Kevin has lived with enormous guilt because he was the " saved twin". His dad chose him over Ryan..... Likely the father didn't want Ryan because he could see aberrant behavior in the boy already.

Kevin's never overcome his guilt, and Ryan's never overcome his warped mind. Both are more or less locked into the feelings they had at the ages they were when they were old enough to realize how their mother was violating them. ( Ages 5-6 usually).

Kevin cried when he told the story... it was not shown in flashbacks, much was hinted at but adults certainly should know what it was implied that the mother made Ryan, and once, Kevin, do to her in the bathroom at such an early age.

This is a great re cap , thank you very much for the post.

Comment

Thanks OP for posting this question. I wasn't watching at the time and vaguely read something about this, but it wasn't a lot of information. MalteseBaby thanks for all your info, that sounds awful.

Comment

Thank you all for the amazing recaps. This happened way before my time so its nice to get some insight into Kevin/Ryan's past. I actually feel bad for Ryan after hearing what he went through. It does not excuse all of the horrible things he has done but it does bring a point that everyone has a past, some darker than others. This is why it is important for GH to show viewers REAL flashbacks. We need to see things that happened that will help us understand the characters and their history.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                    Kevin was abused once by his mom. He pretended to be Ryan because he was jealous of the “attention” his mom was giving Ryan. This caused Kevin to have a breakdown in the mid 90’s and stalk Felicia just like Ryan did. But he was able to get help, unlike Ryan.

Comment

"AMHardulak commented Thanks so much. I had forgotten this. Makes sense why Kevin has felt guilty about Ryan"

You're welcome!!!!

Comment

Now I remember the dad . I remember liking him but I don’t remember why he didn’t take both of them.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X