Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who thinks it would be better plotwise if Michael

Had continued to hate sonny for murdering sonny. The actor who plays michael really showed his acting ability when he was against sonny. Now the character seems kind of blah. Just asking.

I think that the story of Michael hating Sonny should have played out until Sonny was finally diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. Then, Michael would have some excuse for forgiving Sonny for killing A.J. I would have preferred that he kept an emotional distance from Sonny after returning Avery to him. It would have made Michael more interesting, given Carly a character-driven story, and Sonny, for once, would have lost someone of value to him and not to a "click, boom". Not that I believe he ever loved Lily. And remember, this was before Morgan "died". To my knowledge, if Michael hadn't come willingly back into the fold, that would have been the first time Sonny lost someone he loved who he betrayed, not who betrayed him (like Brenda.)
    Last edited by Wanda Wolek; July 2, 2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• december rose
      december rose commented
      Editing a comment
      Sonny was diagnosed with bipolar years before he killed AJ

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops. He was diagnosed during the years I wasn't watching. There goes my great idea of a plot!

Sonny was already diagnosed with bipolar disorder in 2006.

Comment

It would have been much more believable and less nauseating if forgiveness had take much longer...the forgiveness was strained/tense and not just back to being a boot-licker.

Comment

• OLTL'69
        OLTL'69 commented
        Editing a comment
        YEP! It could have some stages from ending the out and out hate to cold and strained and not choosing to spend time with him. Then fro the ake of family have a relationship AND NEVER go to the boot licking "World's best daddy" worship

SInce this we have heard Michael apologize for being a meanie LIke that was worse than murder

• LukeIsDaMan
        LukeIsDaMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly!!! After what Sonny did, there was never any need to go back to “world’s greatest Dad” ever again!

Yup! The Sonny worship is unbelievable and makes GH look bad. I FF through all that and just watch the storylines like.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeIsDaMan View Post
        It would have been much more believable and less nauseating if forgiveness had take much longer...the forgiveness was strained/tense and not just back to being a boot-licker.
        Yeah if they had just let it go on a little longer. I’m sure the actor would’ve liked it it it really brought life to the character of Michael and it was a good story it could’ve lasted at least a few months.
        Definitely a missed opportunity, and most definitely a missed opportunity to bring I don’t know three dimensions to the character of Michael maybe a little independence from the parents. Because right now he’s boring and as chained (if I’m if I may put it that way) to his parents as he ever was.

Comment

• LukeIsDaMan
          LukeIsDaMan commented
          Editing a comment
          It definitely gave Chad meaty material and it was awesome! It’s just so sad that all that was taken away. 😞

And worse, there were a few scenes where Michael has even made light of AJ being his dad to make Sonny look like a god to worship. 🤮

GH and CD really lost an opportunity to do something different and interesting with Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by stopthefall View Post

Yeah if they had just let it go on a little longer. I’m sure the actor would’ve liked it it it really brought life to the character of Michael and it was a good story it could’ve lasted at least a few months.
          Definitely a missed opportunity, and most definitely a missed opportunity to bring I don’t know three dimensions to the character of Michael maybe a little independence from the parents. Because right now he’s boring and as chained (if I’m if I may put it that way) to his parents as he ever was.
          I agree.

It should have gone on a little longer. And then the relationship should never have been the same after Michael agreed to forgive him for the family's sake.

A certain distance, a little coldness and distrust would have remained.

Even showing conflicting feelings - Michael wanting to totally forgive, and for things to be the same. Would have been a stretch acting for all of them. Even with Carly, since she is Sonny';s chief enabler, there should have been a certain level of mistrust.

Comment

Originally posted by stopthefall View Post

I disagree that Michael is "chained" to his parents....he is quiet to Carly's dominating spirit. He "knows" who is parents are - his warnings to his friends/ Willow show that he is fully aware of what and who Carly (and Sonny) can do in relationships.

The custody case was on the cusp of showing us Michael's stepping up and taking responsibility - given the dated way it was written (have to get married to "Snow White'. Michael is a thinker - he is deeper than the way he is presented. We see this in the way he approaches ELQ and the Custody Case. He is firm in his resolve to protect his son.

As to Sonny - he has mellowed over the years and is letting Michael be his own person. He has said this as much to Carly to back off. Yes, the viewing was great when MIchael let Sonny have it where it hurt him the most (family) with AJ's death. Forgiveness is powerful, but it is hard to forget. That tension would have made for a stronger Michael standing up to Carly in particular.

Comment

Yep he'd be in a better place as a character if they went this route but how dare anyone be allowed to hate Sonny on this show

Comment

Micheals character in general has just been written to be very.... vanilla. Sabrina and Morgan died one right after another and we barely got a tear out of him. I would have liked to see him fall apart at least a little bit over it.

Comment

Of course Michael would be a better character if he stopped making excuses for Sonny and held him accountable for his actions. He doesn't have to "hate" Sonny---but he should NEVER have forgiven him as easily as he did, and he should NEVER fully trust him again.

Between that and the way Carly interferes in his life, Michael will never look like an adult on this show, no matter how many children he fathers.

Comment

I think it would have been better if it had taken longer, but it was inevitable. Sonny raised Michael, they loved each other. What Sonny did was awful. The person I don't understand forgiving Sonny is Monica. She had always hated Sonny, and had no reason to forgive him, and yet she has.

Comment

That would have been just awful. It already went on and on forever, just so depressing every single day watching Michael grow horns and become a monster.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
                        ScrubsFan#1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It lasted for about five minutes - before Michael was licking his boots again. And it was SONNY that was the monster in all of this. Fake apologizing to Michael - then gloating to Carly that he was glad he did it - and would do it again.

AJ certainly wasn't perfect - but SK was promised a great Q storyline. He got Pick-a- Lila, fat jokes, and murdered by his mortal enemy.

Waste of Sean's time.

• Wanda Wolek
                        Wanda Wolek commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Agree, ScrubsFan#1.

• eileenregina
                        eileenregina commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Michael never became a monster. The monster has always been Sonny. Dante and Michael should both resent him. Blood does not always matter in some situations.

Yes. I agree. Michael should hate Sonny for the rest of Sonny's miserable wretched life. It's disgusting how Michael has regressed into a Sonny apologist again.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X