Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today showed all the reasons I hate carly and sonny

Kristine tried to show sonny how abusive he was but all sonny said was were leaving. Nothing is ever his fault. He always has an excuse. Carly blaming dante for Michael and jason being in jail. If sonny and Carly had gone to the police at the beginning michael and jason wouldn't be in jail. She and sonny never can be in the wrong. Also Carly the Mrs me of nell in her vindictiveness. Because dante was just doing his job Carly is determined to ruin his career and marriage to lulu. Carly deserved everything nell did to her. Jmo.
    ?

Oh yeah..I agree....

Comment

Man this is just what I said in the thread about today's show. That this is why I hate them. They are SO quick to blame others and make them pay but utterly take no blame for what they do

Comment

Yep. That's how they roll.

Nelle is Carly, just a few (OK, many) years behind her.

Comment

It seems odd that Sonny doesn't see how he can be abusive, especially after his stepfather abused his mother...

Comment

But this is one episode. Doesn’t he figure it out and talk with Kristina a few episodes later? You see him going to Carly at the end to see if he abused her so he obviously wasn’t just ignoring the therapy with Kristina and what she said or he wouldn’t have gone to Carly at the end.

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe but how has Sonny stil been acting. He may have had an epiphany then went right back to being who he is. He is still throwing barware

Yes. The type of personalities I can't stand. "Everything is someone else's fault".

Hey Carly how about Sonny/Jason not hiding Claudia's body & having Michael keep that secret? A whole party saw Claudia kidnap pregnant Carly. How about the truth? She was leaving with the baby. Michael stopped her. He accidentally killed her. No - let Saint Jason & all knowing Sonny hide & lie. Oh it's Dante's fault LOL.

Hey Sonny, do you remember how you behave when you're hurling barware, calling people names, ordering killings? God bless Kristina & her doctor trying to get through to you.

Comment

• BettieCat
              BettieCat commented
              Editing a comment
              For Carly "truth" is whatever suits her agenda. Same for Sonny....and Jason.

• Ribbonette
              Ribbonette commented
              Editing a comment
              BettieCat Truth. Carly, at times, is at least somewhere in the realm. Sonny? Not at all.

Well if you are going to hate Sonny and Carly, you have to hate Jason and Michael. ALL of them blames Dante. Jason was going to kill Dante and Carly said "No I will take care of it". Yes, she tried to ruin Dante's life by having Brooklyn sleep with him, but Jason wanted to KILL HIM".

Comment

• jason113
              jason113 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jason only kills evil mobsters. Or at least that is what we were led to believe for all these years.

• eileenregina
              eileenregina commented
              Editing a comment
              Last I looked, Dante was not an evil mobster and Jason is one himself.

Jason and Sonny made the decision to not tell the police about Claudia death and Carly went along. Carly was in the hospital and had no idea what happened with the aftermath of Claudia's death until the decision was made. Dante was totally to blame for Michael going to jail. Everyone told him that he killed Claudia not Sonny and that him turning himself in would not result in community service. He was gong to go to jail. But Dante thought he knew best and served Michael up to the court and he was sent to jail. I completely understood Carly's anger. If Dante stayed out of it, Michael would not have went to jail. Sonny was tried for the murder, and found not guilty end of.

Comment

• BettieCat
              BettieCat commented
              Editing a comment
              If they had all been truthful from the beginning, Michael probably wouldn't have gone to prison. But they ALWAYS choose lies over truth.

I was going to say earlier that Carly while she originally went along, really in the end had no choice because by the time she was even being questioned, the evidence that supported the truth was already being destroyed. Jason really made that call immediately. By the time everyone had any second thoughts everything was already done. Even when Carly discussed telling the truth with Jax even he backed off on that approach because the evidence didn't support their position anymore. Really, they should have all stayed at the cabin and called the police. As for Dante, I fully understand Carly's position. Dante is not and was not even at the time a perfectly upstanding cop. Remember, in 2007 he was all too happy cover up a murder for Brenda. That's was fine, that suited his purposes. So Dante just loves covering up those murders, depending on who it is for. Michael, his brother, was not special enough, but Brenda was. And Dante, as we all know, ended up covering up his own attempted murder from the FBI for Sonny. So Dante not only screwed up because he thought Michael would walk (why he thought this was so certain is anyone's guess), but he was also anything but a by the book cop in the first place. Carly's anger at Dante was completely legitimate. And yes, there was certainly blame to go all around, but Dante was not at all blameless, especially given his actual penchant to cover any crimes he actually deems worthy. He bent the law, lied, and stuck up a finger at procedure for Brenda and later Sonny. Had he done it for Michael, justice would have actually been served. There's blame for him in that.

Comment

As for Sonny, this was all before he was properly diagnosed with bipolar - it all led to great material and continued public service. Maurice Bernard’s willingness to allow this part of his real life to be portrayed helped a lot of people.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                They wrote the bipolar aspect into the character in 2006. Emily helped him accept his diagnosis and that's when they became a couple. This episode
                was from 2010. I like that Maurice gave permission for the storyline and that Morgan was bipolar as well. In real life, children with a bipolar parent(s) are likely to also have it.
                Last edited by soapgirl9; July 1, 2020, 11:57 AM.

Originally posted by jmpenn90 View Post
              But this is one episode. Doesn’t he figure it out and talk with Kristina a few episodes later? You see him going to Carly at the end to see if he abused her so he obviously wasn’t just ignoring the therapy with Kristina and what she said or he wouldn’t have gone to Carly at the end.
              That is part of the problem with how they keep showing these one-off episodes instead of showing us a sequence.

Sonny and Carly aren't even together in this episode so I don't completely understand the I hate Sonny/Carly hater for this episode

I don't really recall what happened but I think Carly told Sonny some truths about himself and their relationship - which would be great to show the viewers so we can see how this relationship evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by raheast View Post
                Jason and Sonny made the decision to not tell the police about Claudia death and Carly went along. Carly was in the hospital and had no idea what happened with the aftermath of Claudia's death until the decision was made. Dante was totally to blame for Michael going to jail. Everyone told him that he killed Claudia not Sonny and that him turning himself in would not result in community service. He was gong to go to jail. But Dante thought he knew best and served Michael up to the court and he was sent to jail. I completely understood Carly's anger. If Dante stayed out of it, Michael would not have went to jail. Sonny was tried for the murder, and found not guilty end of.
                Actually if you remember the story thoroughly though, the judge sent Michael to jail not because of what he did to Claudia but because of the fact that the adults in his life decided to cover it up and he decided to make an example out of Michael. Dante did what Sonny and Jason should have done from the get go, had him turn himself in and tell the truth. Claudia kidnapped Carly in a room full of people, Michael found them in the Cabin as she was about to kidnap his baby sister and hit her to stop her and it accidentally killed her and the crime scene easily would’ve proved it but instead they buried the body.

Michael was also a punk who was making it more and more obvious that he killed her every passing day by saying things like “Claudia got what she deserved.” and acting like he killed her purposely to try and be part of Sonny’s business. They wouldn’t have even known Claudia was dead if Michael didn’t slip up and say so to Lucky, at least until Franco moved the body. Plus Michael wanted to turn himself in and even tried to without Dante’s help anyway. He was either gonna go to jail or spend the rest of his life on the run.

Comment

I have always hated both of them and still do. I really resent they are the leading family on a show called General Hospital! Both of them turn my stomach.

Comment

These episodes are just showing the worst of Sonny and Carly. One episode after another sbowing how awful they are. I am usually less critical of them then a lot of the posts I read, but these episodes are just showing that all the people who hate them are right.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X