Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick history question re sonny shooting dante

How did sonny weasel out of jail time for trying to murder dante. I know he was arrested but how did he go free?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Comment

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. He shot a cop (and his son) point blank in the chest without hesitation or remorse.

Comment

I think Dante claimed the shooting was accidental.

Comment

Yes, Dante claimed the shooting was an accident.

Comment

Was the only thing Dante had Sonny on Claudia’s murder after all that time undercover? Sonny wasn’t even guilty since it was Michael in self defense. Did Dante get more evidence against Sonny other than Claudia’s murder?

Comment

• soapgirl9
              soapgirl9 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I'm pretty sure all the evidence Dante got was while he was undercover. I'm not sure if Dante got any other evidence aside from the information about Claudia's murder.
              Editing to say I'm watching some episodes that took place before the shooting. Dante was saying he needed to find physical evidence to tie Sonny to Claudia's death, but I don't know if he did.
              Last edited by soapgirl9; June 30, 2020, 10:35 AM.

He lied in his official statement to Lucky and said he accidentally shot himself with Sonny's gun while trying to empty it.

Comment

Well I am glad I didn't watch THAT. How bad are these undercover to get NOTHING in that time. Really they should be able to tell the track of a bullet shot on purpose from an accident as well as how far it traveled BUT of course SONNY must be save

Comment

Dante as Dominic had worked his way so far into Sonny's confidence that he should have had a lot of dirt on Sonny's business, not just his supposed role in Claudia's killing.

And Dante's decision to lie and say he accidentally shot himself was just...torturously bad writing.

He was ashamed that Sonny had found him out and he was conflicted upon finding out that Sonny was his biological father. But Sonny was still the person who had gunned down Mr. Poletti, Dante's hero. It made no sense that Dante, after working so hard to get the goods on Sonny, would just fold once he actually had the goods on Sonny -- a provable attempt to murder a cop.

The other thing that made no sense is that Olivia forgave Sonny after finding her son shot and bleeding.

Comment

• december rose
                  december rose commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Didn't it later turn out that Sonny didn't kill Lt Poletti?

I think it was either Dante's friend Ronnie or Franco who killed him

• soapgirl9
                  soapgirl9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, yesterday Sonny was like "I didn't know your sainted Poletti". I thought he was just saying that, but maybe it turned out that someone else killed him.

• sasha_96
                  sasha_96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Correct. Sonny did not kill him. The dirty friend cop did.

I think you are right. If I remember correctly, Sonny never knew Lt. Poletti.

Comment

No Sonny didn;t kill Poletti and did Original
                  Franco go to jail for that (the crime he didn;t commit) when it was Ronnie who killed him.

Dante as Dominic was good..
                  I will admit that I didn;t have a problem with
                  Sonny shooting Dante (since he didn;t know
                  that Dante was his son) That it what I would
                  have expected a mob boss to do when he discovered a "rat" in the organization..it doesn;t end weill. and well Dante was pretty stupid to go to the home of the biggest Crime boss on the Eastern Seaboard to arrest him, with NO back up no gun? did he think if he asked pretty please Sonny would just go quietly with him?

Comment

I absolutely hated the way they wrote it so that Dante took the blame. I wanted Sonny to be held accountable for once. I miss Dante though.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                      I think Dante claimed the shooting was accidental.
                      ...and Sam took the gun, before it was booked into evidence, I believe

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X