Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't GH done a week on the Quartermaines?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't GH done a week on the Quartermaines?

GH has a goldmine of legacy families that can be showcased weekly. Like a week of Quartermaines, Cassadines, Spencers, Hardy/Webbers, I think that would draw in lapsed viewers and new.

All of this focus on Sonny and the mob is just making me not want to come back to GH when new episodes air.

I honestly wonder what TPTB are putting in their coffee, to think Sonny-palooza would be entertaining.

They must think the fans only love Sonny and family. The question is why. I follow some of GH social media sites and the fans are saying the exact same thing as you in your post. Do they not read the comments or don’t care?
    Enough of Sonny and friends. Share the wealth!

Comment

I was going to say it would be too hard to have episodes that were more about Sonny than about the Qs. Now last week we did get a coule Sonny breaks but the other shows had more Sonnu than J&S.
      Yes let us see something that does not feature the foursome

Comment

I think because they already had these episodes ready from when they did those specials online before. They should have included a special of the Qs but they were probably focusing more on couples that were still on the show.

Comment

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          In a way it does not matter if they chose now or when they made those collections it stil shows Sonny obession

there is still time...

Comment

• jmpenn90
          jmpenn90 commented
          Editing a comment
          I want a story arc. MetroCourt Hostage crisis or something else that doesn’t jump around.

The Quartermaines! Scotty! LAURA!!!! All of these deserve a week!!

Comment

Yeah, I'm really starting to see why people complained about Sonny so much. Granted, they pulled some great episodes to replay this week, what about the rest of the cast? How can they not have anything ready to go about the Cassidines and Spencers? Or show us some stuff that still factors into the show today, like Jason's car accident and the fallout from that. Or Lucky "dying" then being found again​. Looks like they might start putting Liz and Nicholas together- show the fallout of when Lucky found out about their affair. Yes we know Cesar killed Nathan, but show us again why Robert and Anna hate him so much. Or why Mac is pretty much the best dad on the show. Why don't they just copy what Y&R did and show a week of great weddings, or a week of emmy worthy performances? Heck, they're even showing Paul and Christine's love story this week, and those two are barely on the show anymore!

Comment

Because this is what they had created the online capsules of and it’s much easier to just re-air those then to go about the time and money of clearing rights a second time when they have done so relatively. From a dollars and cents perspective, in makes the most sense.

Comment

I'm sure sasha_96 is right about the capsules, etc. That would explain why the show hasn't shown episodes older than 10 years. And in the past 10 years, it has pretty much been Sonny's Hospital. There really aren't episodes dedicated to the Quartermaines - who were decimated under Guza and Jill Farren Phelps - or the Spencers, especially since JFP fired GF.

Go back more than 10 years and there would be non-mob, non-Sonny stories.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                They are going to show an episode from 2008 next week, but it's got you guessed it- Sonny.

i think they should take this opportunity to gain new viewers. I dont think any of these repeats are doing that. In fact, I'm wondering how many will even watch when new shows start airing again, myself included.

Comment

If they stayed within ten years, the only Q story line would be pickeled Lila and I don't think anyone really wants to see that again. I'd love to see them do one of the big disaster stories like the Metrocourt hostages or that train wreck. I actually watched most of the metrocourt hostage crisis on the tube recently so I would prefer the one with the train wreck.

Comment

Q's haven't been much of a focus since the early/mid-90s. I rather watch popular storyline arcs instead of collections...at least there be consistency and flow.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X