Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dante should have been an FBI agent

May I just start, wow the episode aired 10 years ago. Time has flown by and so much has happened.

I seem to remember not even PCPD knew he was undercover, hell it would have been more believable if he was State Police instead.

An interview with DZ right after, he mentioned Dante should have been wearing a bulletproof vest and had backup waiting in case of an ambush. But that was intense story-line. Very well done by everyone including Mo and DZ.

I can't believe it's been a decade either. I think Lulu knew that Dante was a cop, but I guess she didn't know he was undercover?

Comment

• jmpenn90
      jmpenn90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lulu knew he was undercover and was ok with it. She didn’t think Sonny would hurt him.

• soapgirl9
      soapgirl9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I remembered she saw his badge and would call him "officer", but I forgot she knew he was working undercover.

I don't think she did.

Comment

Was Olivia really the only one who knew everything? I can't remember.

Comment

• TonyStark10
        TonyStark10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think she was the only one who knew and so did Jax who Olivia warned that Sonny wasn't going to go down without taking someone with him.

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Didn't Johnny Z also know Dante was Olivia's son since they were dating?

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Johnny knew that Dante was Olivia's son.

I have to admit that was one of the re-runs I have actually watched and I can see how good the show used to be.

Comment

It is a real shame that they could never find the balance between every day Dante and turning him into Louis purse holder. The actor is really quite good and was exceptional when Morgan and Nathan died. I think they missed a great storyline potential by not having Maxie and Dante drawn together in their grieving instead of pairing Maxie with Peter. That would’ve been a much more interesting and complicated

Comment

I miss JMB! She was great as Lulu!

Comment

It is a real shame that they could never find the balance between every day Dante and turning him into Lulu’s purse holder. The actor is really quite good and was exceptional when Morgan and Nathan died. I think they missed a great storyline potential by not having Maxie and Dante drawn together in their grieving instead of pairing Maxie with Peter. That would’ve been a much more interesting and complicated

Comment

• O_Snap!
              O_Snap! commented
              Editing a comment
              Same, sasha_96, same...

It would have been SOOOO much more organic and understandable as opposed to Dante randomly going undercover for an agency he does not work for and then getting tortured, traumatized. brainwashed and ultimately stashed away by the WSB.

They could have had him help Maxie through the end of her pregnancy and step in as her birthing coach and even have Dante be the one to deliver James on the side of the road. We see Lulu slowly becoming jealous because Maxie on some level was giving Dante an experience Lulu wasn't able to. Eventually have them hook up and that is ultimately the final straw for Lante's marriage. It would be sad for everyone and demonstrate even further how Nathan's death truly sent ripples throughout the lives of everyone who loved him.

It would have preyed on so many of Lulu's insecurities and fears that aren't her fault at all, but have been constantly lurking under the surface throughout her adult life. Dante's prior infidelity, her ongoing trust issues w/ Maxie throughout their friendship and frienemies period and her own issues with being unable to conceive and carry her children...

That is what makes for good drama but noooooo they go around the mulberry bush w/ Dante disappearing in Turkey and using this convoluted story to glorify Sonny as the heroic father and then introduce another vunerable young man for Sonny to take under his wing.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

Dante was always best before he became a Sonny apologist. He's handsome and a very good actor. He has charisma and is so much more than a line reader. I loved when he said that he was going to give Sonny the extra day to get through the celebration, but Sonny's actions changed things. Of course, he was kind of dumb to try to handcuff a mob boss alone in a room with him. I didn't watch after the gun came out. I get no pleasure from shootings.

Throughout the years, I've loved when he lays into Sonny. I especially liked when Sonny was shot and in the wheelchair, and he told Sonny that his inability to move his legs is his own fault and that he blames Sonny for this. He learned to love him, but he could also be brutally truthful with him.

Unfortunately, although he's arrested Sonny at times, he's also turned a blind eye, such as what I read is the aftermath of that shooting.

Nonetheless, he was young and so cute in the episode aired yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sasha_96 View Post
              It is a real shame that they could never find the balance between every day Dante and turning him into Louis purse holder. The actor is really quite good and was exceptional when Morgan and Nathan died. I think they missed a great storyline potential by not having Maxie and Dante drawn together in their grieving instead of pairing Maxie with Peter. That would’ve been a much more interesting and complicated

Agreed. After the first couple of years, TPTB just stopped using Dante/

The first year they called him Every Day Dante because he was on so much. I think he ended the year with appearing in over 90% of the episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
                Unfortunately, although he's arrested Sonny at times, he's also turned a blind eye, such as what I read is the aftermath of that shooting.

Yeah Dante belongs no where near Law Enforcement after letting a cop killer walk free.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyStark10 View Post
                  I don't think she did.
                  She was doped up..thru no fault of her own..he was tending to her..she saw his badge..and said something like..no wonder you never seemed right..you're a cop..then she passed out..woke up the next morning not remembering the night before..she knew..but didn't know she knew....

Comment

I wasn't watching the show then. Did the audience know Dante was undercover or was it a surprise all around?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X