Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucy Coe should be a regular on GH

Why isn't Lucy Coe a regular on GH? She is sooooo awesome!! Gorgeous, funny, engaging.. we need more Lucy Coe please!!!

I'm a little behind on GH repeats (at June 10th which is the 2019 nurse's ball). I LOVED seeing the old nurse's ball episodes 2014, 2015 etc. But then I wanted to keep watching after the episode, it was kind of hard hopping around.

Ugh, I find her super annoying.

Comment

• NAN
      NAN commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I find her super annoying too.

• OLTLfan4lyfe
      OLTLfan4lyfe commented
      Editing a comment
      I couldn't have said it better myself! I CANNOT stand Lucy Coe!!!

Lucy was a regular back in the day.....the cast is bloated. No story for her character other than the Nurses' Ball.

Comment

Lucy is the reason for the season. Whatever she's up to, I'm here for it.

Comment

I love Lucy and would love to see her more.

Comment

In my opinion, a little bit of Lucy Coe goes a long, long way. I have no desire to see more of her on screen.

Comment

i would like to see cyrus take a love interest in lucy and see how she splains all that to the citizens of pc with her wacky self

Comment

• O_Snap!
              O_Snap! commented
              Editing a comment
              I really enjoy Jeff Kober as Cyrus. I don't want him redeemed but I wouldn't mind seeing this dastardly dude integrated into the canvas more and a relationship with a character like Lucy could be it. I think Cyrus is somewhat infatuated with Laura but recognizes her as an enemy and is threatened by her yet also a little impressed with her. I also think Cyrus would relish the idea of screwing w/ Kevin's head after the way Kevin showed up to Pentonville and flexed on him several months ago.

Potentially pairing Lucy and Cyrus as a bit of a foil for Kevlar might be interesting and something for them to consider. Lucy brought Deception back so maybe she will be empowered to try to get Kevin back. She and Cyrus go in cahoots but end up enjoying each other's company. Its an old trope but still entertaining. If Lucy and Cyrus have good chemistry (which I don't doubt they would since LH had chemistry w/ everyone she ever got paired w/ comedic or romantic) maybe that would be a surprising way to go with them.

• JessicaRabbit
              JessicaRabbit commented
              Editing a comment
              Those 2 wackadoodles together would be awesome! I really enjoy Cyrus and his quirky humor.

I liked Lucy back in the day when she was married to Kevin and friends with Felicia and Mac. Also liked her when she started Deception and was the surrogate for Dominique and Scott.

But in the past few years she is so manic. I don't think I could tolerate the character more than she is currently on. This is not a knock on LH's acting; it's a knock on the writing and directing that seem to think this hyper woman is somehow amusing.

Comment

• Ribbonette
              Ribbonette commented
              Editing a comment
              I loved her back in the day too! I still like her but she is written so OTT, the schtick gets old quick. There aren't any layers to her anymore.

• Pamcho
              Pamcho commented
              Editing a comment
              You nailed it she is too manic. I guess I'm in the minority, she annoys me to no end. I thought it was pretty awful that her Guide To PC was full of people's dirty laundry.

• heddalee
              heddalee commented
              Editing a comment
              Especially since she wouldn't let Richard Simmons play General Hospi-tale.

Lucy is a great character who used to be used quite frequently. She was fun to watch with Tony and Alan. She even has a little Jerome history since Victor killed himself because he misread Lucy's advances.

Comment

Originally posted by JessicaRabbit View Post
              Why isn't Lucy Coe a regular on GH? She is sooooo awesome!! Gorgeous, funny, engaging.. we need more Lucy Coe please!!!

I'm a little behind on GH repeats (at June 10th which is the 2019 nurse's ball). I LOVED seeing the old nurse's ball episodes 2014, 2015 etc. But then I wanted to keep watching after the episode, it was kind of hard hopping around.
              The Best Nurses Balls were early ones 94 to 99.
              They more actors from 70s and 80s who are gone in real life now or they moved to different things now.

Comment

If Lucy Coe never showed up on my screen again, I would never miss her. Yeah, they need an emcee for the NB, but, even there, I just wait for it all to be over. Need real estate in PC? There's a use for Lucy.

Want some makeup? Lucy is trying to bring her brand back, from years ago. That just gives other characters on the show something to do.

Comment

I can't stand Lucy Coe. I dread her scenes with her whiny screeching, her over emotion & her adoration of Sonny.

Comment

Lucy was such a vixen at one time but she began to be a character of heart when she befriended Dominique and Scott and agreed to surrogate their baby. I remember her heartbreak at the loss of her best friend, her kind relationship with Scott. I don't remember her with Kevin.

She used to be written as a full fledge character. She was a very good actor with a solid handle on how she would portray love and emotion.

Today she is written as a shell of who she used to be and has been for quite awhile. She's used for comic relief, for babbling nonsensically, or for being wicked and tone deaf to what is going on around her. It's quite a shame.

The only time she is written somewhat recognizable is when she is in front of the curtain at the NB, although not when she is behind it.

Every time she is on, I love looking at her arms, because all that caring for her horses and llamas in RL have made her arms so solid.

Comment

Lucy used to be a regular when this show was more of an ensemble drama. GH became the Sonny show at the same time that they scuttled Lucy off to Port Charles, and that was probably a good thing for her character, because under Guza, Lucy would have been a mob sweeps casualty pretty quickly.

I think that when written correctly, Lucy has great depth of character.She can be flighty and frivolous, but also surprisingly deep, and caring. She's a good love interest, an entertaining rival, an amazing banterer, and a good friend. She's a good soap utility character, because she can play a lot of different roles convincingly, and she can even be entertaining when there's nothing going on in terms of plot.

Sometimes -- a lot of the time -- when the show brings on older characters, I don't feel like the writers know much about them, and it can seem like a sitcom cameo, like they're bringing Steve Urkel on for 20 seconds so he can break something and say "did I do that?" All the writers know about Lucy is that she comes on during the Nurse's Ball and somehow ends up without a dress. I think it makes it harder for newer viewers to connect with them, and it's actually kind of frustrating for longer viewers to see someone who might have been a favorite character written without any nuance, just reduced to a few character traits.

Comment

• Ribbonette
                        Ribbonette commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Can I love this?!??

The actress is excellent but the character is annoying. I can only take her in small doses. Every scene is over the top. She briefly played the same type of annoying character on ATWT.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X