Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Feud Second Saints Vs. Sinners question

Below is a print ad for the ABC game show's second Saints Vs. Sinners week, which aired May 7-11, 1984. There are two Saints columns and two Sinners columns. Could someone please help me identify these ABC Soap Stars? I see some General Hospital alum here (Jack Wagner, Emma Samms, Stuart Damon, and Brian Patrick Clarke), but I'm not sure about the rest. I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. I didn't see a sub-forum for Soap questions in general, so I decided to post it in this section.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/markgoodson/images/4/4d/FFAD2.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20131021100454&format=original

I see Robin Strasser, who was Dorian Lord on One Life to Live. I also see the guy who played Bo Buchanan (OLTL), but I don't remember his name. I think I also see the Grant Putnum actor. He was on General Hospital.

Comment

• GConnDi
      GConnDi commented
      Editing a comment
      Robert Woods was Bo.Buchanan.

• AMHardulak
      AMHardulak commented
      Editing a comment
      Brian Patrick Clark played Grant Putnam

Adam Chandler and Asa Buchanan, top right.

Comment

How is Holly in the 'saints' category? She was a great character but came on with a family of con-artist and for this to be from '84 she couldnt have been on that long. Is it just by comparison to others?

Comment

• heddalee
        heddalee commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was established that her family (Alistair, Basil, etc) were more-or-less coercing her into crimin', and she wanted out. And that she really didn't want to scam Luke.

• heddalee
        heddalee commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, point noted. This photo's from 1985, for sure.

Next to Emma Samms is the actress who was on Passions, All My Children as Ellen, Knots Landing, and Sunset Beach.

Next to Stuart Damon is Sharon Gabet, who was on Edge of Night and then AMC, I think.

Next to Brian Patrick Clarke is Judith Chapman, then-Ginny on GH, and still on Y&R, I think.

Below Emma Samms is Brynn Thayer (Thayer is my doctor's middle name, and the one he uses as a first name), who played Jenny Wolek on OLTL.

Second row in the Saints: a guy from Ryan's Hope, and then Laurence Lau, who played Greg on AMC (and later played a gay man on ATWT who married Lucinda but refused to boink her because he was sexually interested in her grandson instead).

Next to Robin Strasser is Daniel Pilon. He was on Ryan's Hope.

Comment

• heddalee
        heddalee commented
        Editing a comment
        The person next to Lau played (Saint) Mark, Erica Kane's brother (and Ellen's huzbin for a bit).

Column #1 3rd down looks like Kathleen Noone (Ellen AMC)

Column #3, 4th down looks like Anthony Herrera (James OLTL)

Comment

• heddalee
        heddalee commented
        Editing a comment
        Herrera played James on ATWT. At the time of this photo, he was playing a character on Loving.
        Last edited by heddalee; June 27, 2020, 10:03 PM. Reason: my S key doesn't work well. I'm thinking of ordering a new one.

Top left under Sinners is David Canary, Adam and Stuart Chandler from AMC. Bottom right under Sinners is Robin Strasser, Dorian Lord from OLTL.

Comment

I wonder who's that above Robin Strasser? It looks like Marg Helgenberger (Ryan's Hope).

Anyways, thanks everyone for all your help.
        Last edited by Vahan; June 26, 2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Who is under Adam Chandler and then who is under Allen Quartermaine?

Comment

Originally posted by chebbo View Post
            Who is under Adam Chandler and then who is under Allen Quartermaine?
            Judith Chapman and Anthony Herrera, respectively.

Comment

• chebbo
              chebbo commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you

I know their faces but could not come up with the names.

So, the only ones I have not been able to identify are the one above Mark LaMura, the one below Kathleen Noone, and the one above Robin Strasser. The one above Emma Samms is Gloria DeHaven (Ryan's Hope).

Also, it's neat that people can comment on other posts. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vahan View Post
              So, the only ones I have not been able to identify are the one above Mark LaMura, the one below Kathleen Noone, and the one above Robin Strasser. The one above Emma Samms is Gloria DeHaven (Ryan's Hope).

Also, it's neat that people can comment on other posts. I like that.
              I knew what show she was from and the character's first name. Just couldn't place the actress's name. So I did some Google research. I believe it's Susan Keith, who played Shana Sloan on Loving

Comment

I can't add anything, but now I want to watch that episode!

Comment

Definitely see Adam, Asa, and Dorian, as well as Bo.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X