• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MeTyme
    Senior Board Member
    • Jan 2020

Who is the father of Brenda's son?

I wasn’t watching regularly during this time period. I didn’t even recognize this intro.
    So, who is the father of Brenda’s son? How old is Alec? Obviously not Sonny or Jax or we would hear more about the kid.
    i watched in the 90’s when Brenda came on but she didn’t have any kids yet.
  • soapgirl9
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2009

I was watching at the time and honestly don't remember much, I'll have to look it up. I do know that 2011 was the first we heard that Brenda had a kid. The show even hinted that Brenda/Dante had a relationship and Dante was Alec's father. (It turned out that he had been Brenda's bodyguard at some point and was not Alec's dad). I will look up more info on this storyline and update my post ASAP.

Update: Alec's father was a guy named Aleksander. He was a mobster. Aleksander's mother let Brenda believe for years that Alec had died. (Dante/Brenda were going to say Dante was the father, but Aleksander's mom knew that was not the truth). Brenda was drugged by Aleksander's mom and labor was induced, then she took Alec and let Brenda think she had miscarried. Some of these scenes were shown in flashbacks, but for the most part this was all off-screen.
    Last edited by soapgirl9; June 25, 2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• MeTyme
      MeTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Yeah I don’t recall any of that so must not have been watching then.
      I watched from late 70’s to early 2,000’s then would just watch when i could catch it on a day off and started watching regularly again after the real Franco guy left and RH was playing Franco in a relationship with Carly whatever year that was.

• soapgirl9
      soapgirl9 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome! It got pretty complicated- Brenda was taking care of a young boy but he was not her son. I'm very fuzzy on those details, and honestly don't remember how Alec and Brenda were reunited.

• eileenregina
      eileenregina commented
      Editing a comment
      Aleksander's father was a mobster known as the Balkan and IIRC, he came to Port Charles to destroy Brenda because he blamed her for his son's death. He was a well-known and respected attorney to the general public so no one suspected his true identity. It was one of the dumber storylines on the show.
  • peak_a_bu
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2009

THat kid looked like he could be Jax's son

Comment

• soapgirl9
      Scriptwriter
      • Aug 2009

This link has more info on this whole character and the convuluted story if anyone wants to read more. https://general-hospital.fandom.com/...Quinn_Friedman)
      Last edited by soapgirl9; June 25, 2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• savytabby
        Soap Addict
        • May 2014

It was a convoluted storyline soapgirl9, and IMO did the character of Brenda, whom I've never really been a fan of, no favors. Did Brenda even mention Alec when she was briefly back that last time? Did she say where he was?

Comment

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly don't remember. I completely blocked out her 2013 return..so I'm guessing it wasn't super impressive. To be fair, they didn't do her too many favors with the 2011 return either. I really wanted to see Sonny/Brenda how they were in the 90s, but unfortunately their scenes mostly fell short.
      • samson2
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by soapgirl9 View Post
        I was watching at the time and honestly don't remember much, I'll have to look it up. I do know that 2011 was the first we heard that Brenda had a kid. The show even hinted that Brenda/Dante had a relationship and Dante was Alec's father. (It turned out that he had been Brenda's bodyguard at some point and was not Alec's dad). I will look up more info on this storyline and update my post ASAP.

Update: Alec's father was a guy named Aleksander. He was a mobster. Aleksander's mother let Brenda believe for years that Alec had died. (Dante/Brenda were going to say Dante was the father, but Aleksander's mom knew that was not the truth). Brenda was drugged by Aleksander's mom and labor was induced, then she took Alec and let Brenda think she had miscarried. Some of these scenes were shown in flashbacks, but for the most part this was all off-screen.
        Wow, thanks for that refresher,I was watching then, but didn’t remember she didn’t have him as a baby........

Comment

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly blanked out on that until I read that info. It wasn't one of the best storylines that was happening back then.
      • MalteseBaby
        Scriptwriter
        • Aug 2009

I really thought her son's lineage ( not his paternity) had something to do with " The Balkan". IDK why?

Comment

• MalteseBaby
          MalteseBaby commented
          Editing a comment
          Whew, I knew I wasn't imagining it!! Thank you so much!! I was so sick of hearing " The Balkan" when the man had a name- it was Theo someone.

I hope Alec has a happy life, wherever he is now with Brenda, I hope. Far away from PC.

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG The Balkan- another lackluster story from this time. Was his name Theo Hoffman? That last name just popped into my head. I remembered his character being on FOREVER, but it was really just a few months. I guess that's how much I disliked him.

• MalteseBaby
          MalteseBaby commented
          Editing a comment
          Theo Hoffman. Looked like a character out of the very vintage " Dark Shadows". Entire SL was creepy and I didn't care one whit if Brenda had a child or no child or 3 children out there somewhere.
      • believeinme246
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2015

I was staring at Alec to see whether he looked at all like Dev. He didn't.

Comment

• Quinoa
          Quinoa commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be good. Dev’s storyline has gone nowhere even though he has “family” in town.

• MalteseBaby
          MalteseBaby commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd drop Gladys, Dev and Brando so fast after the COVID break, Horrid lack of cohesive writing,
      • CarnyQueen
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Mar 2006

Wasn't there another little boy who looked a lot like Sonny who was sort of a red herring -- at first he was thought to be Brenda's son, but then he wasn't, and then Alec was found? Does anyone remember who that kid was and what happened to him? Or am I making it all up?

Comment

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember; his name was Lucien I think and he was some kid Alec's grandmother got somewhere (I forget) so that Brenda would not look further for Alec. I think that is how it played out. I just remembered the grandmother's name was Suzanne and she had faked being Brenda's friend for a long time. She was Theo's (The Balkan) wife.

• CarnyQueen
          CarnyQueen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! I didn't remember the kid's name or what happened to him. I remember Suzanne was played by Adrienne Barbeau.

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, you're not making it up. Aleksander's mom, Suzanne, gave Brenda Lucien and let her think he was her son. (Meanwhile Suzanne had Alec and was planning on raising him herself).

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
      Working...
      X