This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How televised daytime emmy show will be handled this friday

Posting to remind everyone daytime this fri night on CBS and how it will be done

https://www.primetimer.com/item/Ever...eremony-87SK94 this year's Daytime Emmys, airing Friday on CBS, "will be pre-taped and shot from various stars’ homes with the women of The Talk serving as hosts," according to Variety's Michael Schneider. "To keep the element of surprise, presenters will tape five different envelope openings — and every nominee in the major categories presented will be asked to tape an acceptance speech and send it to the show.

Ultimately, it will be up to the show’s accountants to reveal the winners to producers and the editors shaping the show, who will then make sure to only edit in the winners’ names and their thank-you videos." Daytime Emmys executive

Oh jeez! I hope this goes well. There's a lot of pressure on the showrunner and editors not to show the wrong winning name and speech.
    i kind of feel bad for the actors who have to film an acceptance speech if they're not the winner.

So we won't really see anything live. Except that the acceptance clips will be put together and the show basically assembled live as accountants tell them which ones to put on the air.

Comment

I'm sorry, this sounds awful to me. The emotion of the winner is an element they lose and, to me, is the biggest part of the speech. I was looking forward to the show until now. Hope GH wins but I'll catch a recap of results the next day.

Comment

Why can't they face time the winners ahead of time and record their reactions?

Comment

How awful for them all to have to tape "fake" acceptances! So sad not to win after that! Oh well, I will be glad to watch anyway.

Comment

• ann gabriel
            ann gabriel commented
            Editing a comment
            I was suggesting they face time the nominees and tell them then whether of not they have won.

They could even do a Zoom kind of announcement.

That way, he reactions (positive and negative) would be real, not fake.

• maggiebh
            maggiebh commented
            Editing a comment
            Ann gabriel, I get what you were saying. I suspect it was just too cumbersome to do it the way you suggest, but one would think it could happen that way in this day and age!

Every year we kept asking for the daytime emmys to return to tv...now it finally has but covid happened and it will be very different.....it is kinda sad.....

Comment

I’m thrilled!
            Nothing better than watching on real tv screen 👩🏻‍🦰👍🏼❤️💙🙏
            and not in net imho so I’m happy as Mommie is and few pals all will be watching it.”I’m sure it’ll be ok.”

Soap peeps finally are listening I guess lol
            to petition several snd fans!
            Last edited by Nikki7447xoxo; June 25, 2020, 02:32 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Hope GH gets lots of wins.....if we WANT the daytime emmys to STAY on tv then we should watch to give it good rating!! that's something to think about

Comment

bumping up on TONIGHT
                8pm west coast usa time cbs.

Comment

I'm very happy it's on TV, but I did think we would get to see some of the actors at their homes, especially the nominees. Like an introduction or something. Only ORK's speech had the element of celebrating and watching with her family. It felt real and authentic; wish they could have done that and I also thought they would talk to/interview the stars (or again at least the nominees) either before or after winning.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed this version of the Daytime Emmy's tonight.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X