Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions- 2002 Episode

I was watching Jason and Brenda's Vegas wedding from 2002 last night. There are a few things that surprised me...

Jax and Skye were married. Jax was in the hospital learning how to walk again with a walker... What happened to him that he had to learn how to walk again?
    AJ and Courtney were married. How did that happen? Literally everything Jason said about his and Brenda's wedding, Courtney was comparing it to her and AJ's wedding.
    Brenda said she was dying (no mention of the disease though, does anyone know what was going on with her in 2002 when this storyline was taking place?)
    Skye was referring to Jason as her brother. Are they really related, or it's one of those things where Skye thought she was a Quartermaine, but she wasn't? I feel like I definitely heard she is NOT a Quartermaine, but now I'm not sure. The reactions by the Qs when Brenda said she and Jason got married were hilarious. Alan wryly said, "I had no idea Jason has been in love with you this whole time". Edward rightfully said Jason hadn't been the same since his accident.
    Last edited by soapgirl9; June 11, 2020, 01:57 PM.

Wow, so long ago - the only thing I remember is that Skye is not a blood Quartermain but Alan knew and accepted her as one.

Comment

• Batgary
      Batgary commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember Raye couldn't remember who the Daddy was. Both, Alan and Skye were disappointed that Alan wasn't her father and Alan adopted Skye. I loved their relationship.

I think Tracy didn't reveal that Alan wasn't Skye's biopappy until 2003 - so in 2002, I think everyone did believe Skye was a bio-Q.

I think AJ legit courted Courtney - or at least half-legit. He turned full-on creepster towards her, later on.

Jaxy had been shot by Luis Alcazar.

Comment

The Brenda and Jason wedding was by far the funniest thing ever on GH. Very few things compare. Steve was a MASTER at keeping that expression. Would LOVE to see the outtakes from these scenes.

Comment

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        On YT, the poster Simply Everything has the scenes of just the wedding posted. If you search "GH Brenda and Jason Wedding", check out the first two videos that come up.

• ScrubsFan#1
        ScrubsFan#1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        ScrubsFan#1, you're welcome. Enjoy!

Jason and Brenda married and hating it was one of the best storylines EVER! The snark was so awesome. Every single day was like a Friday cliffhanger. When they talk about bringing Brenda back I always want it to be for Jason and not Sonny. The sparks were way more fun with Jason.

Comment

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not only that, but her return in 2010 just felt off. Jason/Brenda bicker like "an old married couple", as my mom would say when my brother and I would fight all the time as kids.

• ScrubsFan#1
        ScrubsFan#1 commented
        Editing a comment
        They'd never work though as a REAL couple. That's what made the wedding funny. It was a complete sham.

The RIGHT way to showcase a sham marriage.

Did anyone notice that Martin referred to Skye as Skye Chandler a few episodes back? I found that odd since Alan adopted her and she went by Quartermaine.

Comment

• Batgary
        Batgary commented
        Editing a comment
        Wonder if that was a slip of the tongue from MEK or a sneak reference to All My Children.

• AMHardulak
        AMHardulak commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^Maybe MEK couldn't help himself!

Originally posted by soapgirl9 View Post
      I was watching Jason and Brenda's Vegas wedding from 2002 last night. There are a few things that surprised me...

Jax and Skye were married. Jax was in the hospital learning how to walk again with a walker... What happened to him that he had to learn how to walk again?
      AJ and Courtney were married. How did that happen? Literally everything Jason said about his and Brenda's wedding, Courtney was comparing it to her and AJ's wedding.
      Brenda said she was dying (no mention of the disease though, does anyone know what was going on with her in 2002 when this storyline was taking place?)
      Skye was referring to Jason as her brother. Are they really related, or it's one of those things where Skye thought she was a Quartermaine, but she wasn't? I feel like I definitely heard she is NOT a Quartermaine, but now I'm not sure. The reactions by the Qs when Brenda said she and Jason got married were hilarious. Alan wryly said, "I had no idea Jason has been in love with you this whole time". Edward rightfully said Jason hadn't been the same since his accident.

Okay I can answer most of these.

Jax and Skye were married and Brenda revealed herself alive to Jax on their wedding night. She had been presumed dead in 1998 in a car crash. Brenda possibly had a genetic mental disease from her mother (no name ever given) and after the crash Luis Alcazar (Lorenzo's twin) rescued her and told her she had this deadly mental disease that would slowly make her crazy so she continued to let everyone believe she was dead.
      Anyway, Luis was crazy jealous of Brenda's past loves so he brought her to Port Charles intent on killing Sonny and Jax. Long story short, Brenda escaped, revealed herself to Sonny and Jax, and Alcazar ended up shooting Jax in jealousy. Jax was briefly paralyzed, Brenda freaked out about her illness and asked Jason to marry her to be her power of attorney, Jax recovered, Brenda found out she wasn't sick, and Jax and Brenda reconciled.
      Skye was known to be Alan's long lost daughter from an old fling Rae at the time, but that was later retconned.
      Courtney and AJ married quickly but it was a love match, but her an AJ broke up after she was forced to strip to protect him, but I can't remember why. Something to do with AJ being drunk.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

Jason and Brenda were always my favorite non-couple... not just the hilarious wedding.. but all the other scenes between them that showcased an amazing chemistry that the show never really took advantage of... I always wanted them to explore that.. there is a fine line between love and hate... and I never really thought they actually hated each other anyway... they did bicker like an old married couple or brother & sister, but there was an underlying affection there too..and when Brenda was in trouble... it was Jason she turned to.. not Sonny.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X