Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd LOVE to see a week of ORIGINAL Quartermaine Pizza Thanksgivings

I know that there's protocols in place to allow filming to resume soon but we still several weeks ahead of repeats before those newly filmed episodes will air. I know TPTB already have theme weeks lined up but I wish they'd scrap those plans and inject and little Quartermaine History and laughter before they come back.

I wasn't watching GH decades ago (I was a CBS and NBC soap girl) but even a non GH watcher knew that the Quartermaine Thanksgivings were filled with snark and laughter. When I was in high school and college knew all about Pizza Thanksgiving from my GH watching friends. The recent Pizza Thanksgivings have tried to keep the traditions going but have fallen short of the expectations because it seems like the big laughs and humor came from having the big family gathered together.

I haven't watched a single week of these re-runs but from everything I've heard, I would watch a week's worth of truly Old School Q-givings.

Yes!!!! This would be so much fun!
    Would definitely watch The Q Thanksgivings
    So much better than a week of Sonny and Carly.
    Last edited by MeTyme; June 7, 2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Now that would be hysterical and would show and teach a lot of history as well. Totally on board.

Comment

OMG - Yes!

You are BRILLIANT

This is a million times better than wash, rinse, repeat, Carson

Comment

I think we all could use a few Q Thanksgiving episodes ...and pizza!

That's such a great idea

Comment

Yes! I would tune in for that.😊

Comment

Totally not interested in that. It's the same ol' lame thing: they think they're having a traditional Thanksgiving sit-down dinner, something goes wrong, they order pizza and sing that stupid song before they can have a slice. No thanks.

Comment

• MeTyme
                MeTyme commented
                Editing a comment
                I enjoy it when they sing the Traditional song. It’s a GH holiday tradition. Wally Kurth always leads it. He has a wonderful voice, it’s great to see all the Q’s come together to sing. Not stupid at all some of us enjoy it very much!

• xoregonian
                xoregonian commented
                Editing a comment
                Oops, forgot the JMO.

• franron
                franron commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not interested in what's become the cliche, Q Thanksgiving's, either. Seen it all before, how will they end up with pizza, this year? Talk about a predictable story line.

Well as much as i love Quartermaine Thanksgiving, it would be a bit weird to have a weeks worth of Thanksgiving episodes in the middle of June lol. But something tells me these repeats are gonna last much longer than people anticipate, so maybe in the fall they can do it. (GH probably won't go back into production til at least August...and if a second wave hits in the fall like people are predicting, well then... lol)

Comment

That could be interesting. I was thinking that the good thing about NB's episodes is that we get to see a lot of people and can comment on who is with whom and how they have changed etc. That is part of the fun. I think holidays would do the same thing
                I am not looking forward tothis week

Comment

• Ribbonette
                  Ribbonette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What's going on this week? I've only been able to catch an episode here & there, between our governor speaking and youtubetv not recording the old episodes (well, once it awhile it works but mostly no.)

• OLTL'69
                  OLTL'69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This week is still Nurse' s Ball. I thought t was Sonny and Carly week but that is next week SO THAT one i won't be watching as it airs/ (and so far this week I missed MOnday and today the Flyod Funeral is on

Originally posted by xoregonian View Post
                Totally not interested in that. It's the same ol' lame thing: they think they're having a traditional Thanksgiving sit-down dinner, something goes wrong, they order pizza and sing that stupid song before they can have a slice. No thanks.
                I agree for the most part. I don't find the song stupid but the something going wrong with the turkey is lame. Just have pizza because its tradition and call it a day. Once a year is fine but to see this every day even for a week would drive me crazy. I would enjoy Quartermaine centric stories though.

Comment

I would love to see the first Q Thanksgiving that started it all with pizza ........only. Not a weeks worth.

Comment

How about for a compromise we mix the Q pizza with the GNO's and BNO's? Then it will be fun for EVERYONE.

AND we get to see Coleman again.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
                      How about for a compromise we mix the Q pizza with the GNO's and BNO's? Then it will be fun for EVERYONE.

AND we get to see Coleman again.
                      What is GNO and BNO?

Comment

• xoregonian
                        xoregonian commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Now THAT I would love to see!

• jodyb22
                        jodyb22 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh Yes! Sign me up for that combination! I'm really missing my own Girls Night Out and at least I could watch the GH ers enjoying theirs!

• ScrubsFan#1
                        ScrubsFan#1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We still have to bust Coleman out of prison though. Can't do this without him.

Yesss....the Quartermaines are what we need right now. Even out of context, those dynamics are set up so perfectly, that it doesn't even matter if you know about what was happening on the show, because at some point during the bickering, you'll be informed of the entire history and worst moment of every. single. character. in an absolutely delightful way.

I can't say enough how beautifully the Quartermaines are set up as a soap establishment and how ridiculous it was to dismantle them.You had a multigenerational family, with a diverse mix of personalities and relationships, and a never-ending reason for all of them to be forced into one living room for all eternity, and a perfectly established dynamic that let viewers in on the basic history and personality of each character. They were the solution clunky soap exposition.They were absolutely fantastic for mixing with other characters too because the Quartermaines are equal opportunity ridiculers.

Anyway, yes to Quartermaine scenes. Doesn't even have to be thanksgiving. They are a gift.

Comment

Does anyone know when the pizza Thanksgiving started? I think the earliest episode I saw was Thanksgiving 1996 and it involved burglars dressed up as pilgrims. (I think? I could be making that part up).

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X