Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH's lack of hospital births

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks. In the past decade, only three babies have actually been born in a hospital. Aiden (2010), Georgie (2013) and Donna (2019). (Emma was also born in a hospital in 2008, if we go back over a decade). Very strange for a show that has the word hospital in the title.

Here are all the unusual births I can think of..

2012- Sam gave birth to Danny in a motel room.
    2013- Britt gave birth to Rocco at Wyndemere.
    2014- Sabrina gave birth to Gabriel on the side of the road after a car accident.
    2014- Ava gave birth to Avery (old possibly brownstone set, can't remember who lived there at the time). Nina and Madeline quickly stole the baby.
    2015- Olivia gave birth to Leo at the Metro Court.
    2017- Sam gave birth to Emily Scout outside in the snow.
    2018- Maxie gave birth to James on the side of the road, with Peter delivering him.
    2018- Nelle gave birth to Wiley in the woods after the car crash with Dr. O's help.

I somehow managed to forget about both Leo and Wiley. Had to make that edit. These writers must think all women just go into labor when there's a car accident.
    Last edited by soapgirl9; June 3, 2020, 03:14 PM.

It is a common soap opera hazzard.

Comment

Yes common along with kidnapping and life threatening illnesses/. You don't want to have a baby on a soap
      But really it is General HOSPITAL

Comment

General Hospital has a maternity ward don't they?? I think I remember someone being in it at some point before they switched to dropping babies wherever they were at the moment.

Comment

It also seems like that the babies being born, also seem to have a genetic issue, which will strike soon, or, manifest in the future.

Comment

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Exactly! It happened with AJ, Michael, Danny, and Wiley.

Robin went into labor during her wedding to Patrick, but I think she got to the hospital in time to deliver Emma.

I wasn't really watching when Elizabeth's kids were born. Any of them born in the hospital?

Comment

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right about Emma. Robin and Patrick were about to get married when she went into labor with Emma. She had a c-section at GH. Then Robin and Patrick finally got married two months later.
            Cameron was not born on screen. Elizabeth was written off the show at the time to have him. (Rebecca Herbst was pregnant in real life at the time and was on maternity leave). Jake was born at GH. Aiden was born at GH, too, and kidnapped by Franco.
            Last edited by soapgirl9; June 3, 2020, 05:22 PM.

• sasha_96
            sasha_96 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cam was born off screen but at a hospital.

• O_Snap!
            O_Snap! commented
            Editing a comment
            Adian was born in the hospital. Franco kidnapped him and Lucky went and got him back. Lucky may be written as a deadbeat dad but he did put Liz's missing kids back in her arms. Who found Jake when Sam let him get kidnapped? I forget. Was it Jason or Lucky?

Felicia gave birth under a table.

Comment

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            At Luke's club, right?

30 years Oct 90
          Maxie was born at the hospital but Felica was dressed for Halloween as clown.
          She was named by her Dad Frisco.
          Mariah Maximilliana Jones.His Nickname was Max and then it became Maxie

Going Back 25 years Mar 95 Felica gave birth to Maxie Sister Georgie Jones under a table at Luke Blues Jazz Club.
          Maxie named her Georgie.She was given he Dad name Jones.
          Felicia maiden name was Cummings.
          Felicia married names are Jones,then Shore,back to Jones,then Scorpio

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
            Felicia gave birth under a table.
            That was March 95 and Georgie Jones.

Comment

Carly went into labor after falling down a flight of stairs at a house she went to and ended up giving birth to Morgan with a bullet in her head.
              Last edited by CyndyG; June 3, 2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sonny sure knows how to shoot first and ask questions later, huh?

2014- Ava gave birth to Avery (old possibly brownstone set, can't remember who lived there at the time). Nina and Madeline quickly stole the baby.

Morgan and Kiki were living (platonically) there while renovating it for Michael.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! I couldn't remember who was living there.

• Shellyinphx
                Shellyinphx commented
                Editing a comment
                Didn't she actually hurt Madeline somehow? I seem to remember her leaving both Ava and Mad hurt

• parker joe
                parker joe commented
                Editing a comment
                Shellyinphx Yes, after Madeline helped her kidnap Avery, Nina knocked Madeline out with a lamp (I think it was in a remote cabin). I forget how, but then it was Franco who took Nina and Avery with him into Canada.

Carly gave birth to Donna in September 2019 at GH

Comment

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I mentioned that in my original post. Aiden, Georgie and Donna were the only babies born in a hospital between 2010 and 2019. Kind of crazy that out of 11 births in 10 years, only THREE actually took place in a hospital.

Monica gave birth to AJ in a cabin during a snow storm. Lesley Webber delivered the baby!

Comment

Here's an over the top one- Claudia kidnapped Carly in 2009. She went into labor with Josslyn, Claudia helped deliver her, tried to kidnap Josslyn and was killed by Michael.

Comment

Laura gave birth to Lulu at GH.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X