• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jward1108
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Oct 2005

Sonny used to hate Carly

I started watching GH in Sept 2009 after GL went off the air. I missed a lot of the history, and Whose Who? didn't paint a clear picture to me of Sonny & Carly's relationship. I'm watching a playlist featuring 1999 ~ Caroline Benson. In #141, Sonny totally treats her like scum. The way he treats NuNick right now. I had no idea they started out that way. It is interesting, but it doesn't make me like Sonny. It IS making me like Jason a lot more than I do in more current episodes.

Jason then tells Sonny he is going to take Michael out for a walk and will be back later. While he is gone, Carly goes to Jason's penthouse to see Michael bu...
  • samson2
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2006

Yes, Sonny couldn’t stand her!

Comment

• ghfan2001
      • Jun 2013

Just to be completely accurate, Carly hated Sonny too. You’ll probably find their relationship disgusting, and it is, but it’s also potentially a very accurate depiction of how unhealthy and broken people can function. And yes, Jason for all the complaints about him, is generally a much better, kinder man than Sonny.

Comment

• O_Snap!
        Soap Addict
        • Sep 2009

I was a huge Jarly fan back then and I'm still so salty about Carson and the fact I've had two decades of off and on Carson all because Carly and Sonny are both garbage and they hurt Jason so bad he would rather watch them be together than risk being hurt by either of them like that again.

Comment

• jward1108
          • Oct 2005

Sonny was very dark back in 1999. I don't understand Jason's connection to Sonny because I haven't watched those episodes (yet) where Jason Q became Jason Morgan. Watching these 1999 episodes makes me wonder why Jason didn't give up Sonny to keep Michael. Right now in the episodes I'm watching, Michael is at the Q's with Carly and AJ, and Michael is crying inconsolably, and AJ won't call Jason to come comfort Michael.

Comment

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jason and Sonny got close after Jason's accident because he was the only person to accept Jason Morgan. The Quartermaines all pretty much expected Jason to be the same person he was before the accident. Sonny and Carly have been love/hate for 20 years. (Less so in the past few years as you've seen, but they definitely haven't always gotten along).
            Last edited by soapgirl9; May 27, 2020, 04:02 PM.

• jward1108
            jward1108 commented
            Editing a comment
            I will have to watch some videos of that period.
        • demoslider
          Senior Board Member
          • Feb 2013

Sonny has always been verbally abusive toward women. He throws words like slut and whore at them whenever he feels they betrayed him. Which is ironic, since Sonny has probably slept around and cheated more than most of the women that he calls sluts and whores.

Comment

• eileenregina
            eileenregina commented
            Editing a comment
            Ain't that the truth?? I remember when he referred to Skye as a "garden variety tramp" . He has a whole slew of derogatory names for women. I used to think they should do a storyline about him realizing his attitude towards women comes from his anger at his mother for letting his stepfather abuse him.

• ghfan2001
            ghfan2001 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sonny is not angry at his mother though. He thinks she’s an angel even accounting for the abuse issues. They have covered that before during 2006. He has a madonna whore complex. He has a picture in his head of what good women are, if the woman in question doesn’t conform she’s a whore.

• eileenregina
            eileenregina commented
            Editing a comment
            I know he isn't outwardly angry at his mother. I am talking about they should have done a story where he uncovered during therapy his suppressed anger at her all these years that he wasn't consciously aware of and shows that anger towards insulting other women.
        • Manninglover87
          • Dec 2009

Actually, that was a time when I actually did like Sonny. Carly gave Sonny good reason not to like her. Carly had caused Jason a lot of pain, and Sonny was fiercely loyal to Jason. Carly had accused Jason of abusing her not long before the clip mentioned. That is something Sonny would never stand for. She then went to AJ and told him Jason had kidnapped her son, when she knew full well that she and Jason both planned on leaving with Michael. Ultimately, Carly’s loyalty was with Jason, but Sonny had no way of knowing that. He barely knew Carly

Comment

• eileenregina
            eileenregina commented
            Editing a comment
            Sarah Brown's Carly will always be the definitive Carly to me. She and MB are the ones who had a ton of chemistry, the kind he does not have with LW.

• jward1108
            jward1108 commented
            Editing a comment
            Watching this playlist of 1999 ~ Caroline Benson is the first time I've watched Sarah Brown as Carly. She makes Carly's selfish and ridiculous choices, which I have read about, seem more real. I couldn't imagine LW's Carly making such choices. I guess I still think of LW as Cassie on GL.
            Last edited by jward1108; June 2, 2020, 09:55 AM.

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            This Carly seems more like Sonny’s mother I can’t take them seriously as a couple.
        • Starrgirlfish
          Executive Poster
          • Aug 2006

If I’m remembering correctly ....I think Carson originally slept together back then because Carly was jealous...of Elizabeth? She just witnessed Jason/Elizabeth dancing at Kelly’s together.

Comment

• jward1108
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Starrgirlfish View Post
            If I’m remembering correctly ....I think Carson originally slept together back then because Carly was jealous...of Elizabeth? She just witnessed Jason/Elizabeth dancing at Kelly’s together.
            That sounds like Carly!

Comment

• themoonprince
              Contract Poster
              • Nov 2012

Thats where the beef stems. From that she thought Liz took away her chance with Jason like a loon. As if you didnt jump ship drastically landing a much more disasterous ship...smh

Comment

• J_Sam
                Senior Board Member
                • Nov 2015

The thing is that there was Never a love connection between Jason and Carly just 2 people who trusted each other.. and it was just a fling.. she went her way he went his..but they were in each others lives they were Buddies.. and not in my eyes did I ever see them as a couple.... and as far as Jarly Nay.. it will never happen as long as Sam and Sonny are around... Those two couple are cemented together.. jmo....

Comment

• ghfan2001
                  • Jun 2013

I think hate sex should be watched more closely. There’s a lot to parse through. It was about quite a bit more than a dance between Jason and Liz. That’s why she ended up at Sonny’s, that in and of itself is not why hate sex happened though. That’s more complicated.

Comment

• Starrgirlfish
                    Starrgirlfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh for sure there were more factors than Carly being jealous of Liason back then. I was just remembering that as the catalyst for her going and seeking out Sonny.
                • ghfan2001
                  • Jun 2013

Jarly is also a lot more complicated than some like to make that out to be too.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                    soapgirl9 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're right about that. There are still times when they act like they're a couple.
                • JNLrafamily
                  Executive Poster
                  • Feb 2013

IIRC, Carly was at Sonny's and Sonny had sent Jason out to "take care of a problem". Sonny didn't like Carly, nor did he trust her but, they had hate sex because Sonny wanted to prove to Jason that Carly couldn't be trusted and was trash. Jason came back shot and when Carly came down the stairs in a towel and wearing a robe, Jason left bleeding and went to the boxcar where Robin found him and took care of him. It's been a while but that's what I remember of Carly and Sonny's original hate sex.

Comment

• Starrgirlfish
                    Starrgirlfish commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Robin didn’t take care of him, she had left town at that point. It was Elizabeth that found him shot and cared for him.

• JNLrafamily
                    JNLrafamily commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are correct and I stand corrected
                • jward1108
                  • Oct 2005

I wish Jason had stopped working for Sonny when Michael came along. He would have made a great PI or bartender. He is wealthy and didn't have to work at all, or so I assume. Jason says Sonny has done things, maybe they were wrong, maybe he screwed up, but Sonny has to deal with that, not Jason's choices. He said that if Sonny had lied, some of what happened would have been his fault, but Sonny didn't lie. That is some twisted justification for Jason to continue working for a mobster while fighting for Michael.
                  Last edited by jward1108; May 28, 2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Manninglover87
                    Manninglover87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jason was actually not working as a mobster while fighting for custody of Michael. He’d quit months earlier when a car bomb went off in front of Robin and Michael. He didn’t go back into the mob until after he’d relinquished his rights to Michael.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X