Clear All

• Who was Luke’s favorite child? (Poll)

Lucky
    86.36%
    Ethan
    4.55%
    Lulu
    9.09%

Lucky is the only one he actually raised. Also, when JJ was playing Lucky, you could tell that Tony also cared for and enjoyed working with him.

Nathan Parsons had great chemistry with Tony, but I would still love for him to turn out to be Holly and Robert’s son.

Poor Lesly Lu, all she got out of the deal was daddy issues and for awhile a drinking problem.

Comment

Luke loved all of his kids. But his relationship with JJ’s Lucky was always special, TG and JJ connected on a whole other level. The same was true of Genie and JJ. She has always said he was like her first child. When GV played Lucky they made the relationship between Luke and Lucky contentious, I think in part because the actors just didn’t hVe the same chemistry (this was also true of JY’s Lucky and Luke tbh). That is when they brought Ethan in and he became Luke’s sidekick and almost a “replacement” for Lucky. Then JJ came back and *boom* the magic was there again, even though the characters were still written at odds.

i thought JMB’s Lulu and TG had wonderful father/daughter chemistry. But we didn’t see Lulu grow up with Luke (or Laura) because the character was Sorased and Luke and Laura were on and off screen for periods of time and not together as a couple. JJ’s Lucky grew up with his parents during peak L&L.

Comment

Ethan. Luke, so in love with himself, got another kid (that he didn't have to raise), adult version, that reminded him of himself. Good thing there was enough of Holly in Ethan!

Comment

• heddalee
          heddalee commented
          Editing a comment
          Ultimately, Luke didn't like himself to fully appreciate someone so like him. He didn't develop a strong emotional connection with Ethan; they were more like playmates, adventure buddies, raconteurs, rascals together.
          Last edited by heddalee; May 26, 2020, 02:12 AM.

• SamandWillowFan
          SamandWillowFan commented
          Editing a comment
          heddalee I don’t agree that he didn’t develop a emotional connection with Ethan. When Ethan returned for Luke’s exit story, the two of them had a great scene where Ethan was standing on a bomb and tried to convince Luke to leave by saying he needed to help Lucky, and Luke told him that he was his son and he loved him just as much as his other children.

• heddalee
          heddalee commented
          Editing a comment
          That's fair. It's truer to say that I didn't feel it between them. Or perhaps it felt shallow.

Lucky was the only child who had years with Luke, the man many of us loved, and one who loved his wife and children. His relationship with young Lucky was magical, how he gave him love, but also told him how to survive if something happened to him and Laura.

Luke was forever changed with later writers, and not for the better. I loved how JMB's Lulu was so sick and crying Daddy why didn't you love me. I did not believe that Luke, still don't believe him. The man I knew would never have walked from his children.

Comment

I think an argument could be made that Ethan was his favorite because he allowed Luke to be himself without judging. Though even Ethan had his breaking point after Luke hit Jake, and Ethan realized his father did have a drinking problem despite being adamant before that he didn’t. I think Ethan related so much to Luke, always drinking and pulling cons with him, but he finally realized he didn’t want to end up like his father. There was a great scene with Kristina where he told her that he was afraid of becoming an alcoholic and that if he had been the one to hit Jake he would’ve driven himself off a cliff.

Comment

There was always something so heartwarming to see Luke bonding with his "cowboy" and having grand adventures together. ❤

That's why I so utterly despise how the writers somehow decided that we really didn't witness his love for and devotion to Lucky all those years, and rewrote Luke's past into his being a reluctant family man who felt trapped by domestic life. It's insulting to the character, to the show's legacy, and to the viewers.

Comment

• believeinme246
              believeinme246 commented
              Editing a comment
              It sure was. It was completely contrary to the heart and soul of the character.

• lukeslove
              lukeslove commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a total rewrite to have Luke written as hating to be a Father and family man. I expect that TG had a hand in the writing. He didn't want to be ties to Laura forever. Luke and Lucky were magical and JJ was fond of both TG and Genie offscreen as well as on. Poor Greg Vaughn had the misfortune of playing Lucky and it was said TG wanted JJ and that is what happened. Greg Vaugn out and JJ back in as Lucky. Luke wriiten with Ethan as his long lost son after a one night stand while married to Laura was total BS. Their antics which were juvenile to say the least was one of the storylines where Luke just changed altogether. That con artist crap got old and was NOT funny. No wonder the actor playing Ethan left the show. He came back for TG's exit but I'll never understand the reasoning of TG not wanting a goodbye scene with Genie Francis but the is another thread. JJ /Lucky was the child Luke loved the most. He raised him and he and Laura were on the fun and Luke loved it.

Parents shouldn't have a favorite child but they certainly can have one that they have more in common with. Luke and Lucky (Cowboy) had a wonderful relationship when Lucky was young. I can't remember another parent child relationship that was so close unless you include Laura in that mix.

Comment

I think he loved his "cowboy", "cupcake" and "dodge" all for different reasons. I would also say the answer to this question depends on which time period you're talking about and how the show was written at the time.

Comment

• THB54
                THB54 commented
                Editing a comment
                And he always called Carly by her given name - Caroline.

• soapgirl9
                soapgirl9 commented
                Editing a comment
                You're right, I forgot about that.

• heddalee
                heddalee commented
                Editing a comment
                Helena occasionally called her Natasha. She never got tired of "reminding" Alexis that she was a peon among Cassadines (something Alexis never seemed the least concerned about).

Lucky, there's no competition. I liked Ethan but he was essentially just an attempt to replace Lucky since JJ was gone.

Comment

How a parent can have a favorite child, I have no children, but we are not supposed to love our children in the same way, without preference?

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                  Emerald Greens commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It definitely happens although I would think it’s more likely that most parents may feel somewhat differently about each child or share something different with each but don’t necessarily have a favorite child.

• kahinamah
                  kahinamah commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, fortunately the majority of parents are like that.

• soapgirl9
                  soapgirl9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I agree. However, I think it's just that certain qualities in children remind the parents of themselves.

Your choices did not include who Luke's favorite child was/is, it is himself. HE never wanted children. I think he told Laura that several times.

Comment

• sasha_96
                  sasha_96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uh, were you watching either time Laura found out she was pregnant? This was a TOTAL revisionist retcon way way after the fact.

• mes349
                  mes349 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah that is recent revisionist history. Watch the Luke, Laura, Lucky storylines on youtube from the 90s. He wanted to be a father and loved his kids. He also wanted adventures. He loved both.

Lucky was the only one he really spent time with as a "father." Aside from baby Lulu who he also adored. Ethan was a buddy to him. Lulu under JMB was an equal of sorts.

Comment

Definetly JJ's Lucky, but he also had a special chemistry with JMB's Lulu. Ethan was the easiest kid because they didn't have as much baggage.

Comment

It depends on the year and who was writing the show.

When JJ’s Lucky was on the show, it was obviously him. When JJ’s Lucky was no more, it turned to Lulu, until Ethan showed up and then it was him. ...The only thing debatable is when JJ’s Lucky and Ethan were on at the same time.

But I went with Lucky by default since he had the most time actually being a son to Luke. 🤷‍♀️

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X