Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Rewatching Old Episodes/Storylines?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Rewatching Old Episodes/Storylines?

I've been going through old soap tapes that I have and found the Clink Boom episode. I'm going to watch that one today. Just curious what people are going to watch in place of the repeat episodes (or even if you plan on watching the repeats). If they re-air an episode I really liked or haven't seen before, I'll watch. Otherwise I'll be having fun going through my soap tapes and transferring them to DVD.

No. If they happened since 2003 I have already seen them. Not interested in older episodes of characters that are gone.

Comment

I am finding stuff on YT that was before my viewing years such as the BJ s/l. Lets me see the highlights without the filler. lol

Comment

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        YouTube is such a great resource to find all kinds of storylines.

• Forgiveness_Man
        Forgiveness_Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Yah. Video quality is spotty at best but it's a good ref. I do think there is something to be gained from historical episodes and specials for the soap. Without new content, they might as well go for the most novel idea possible.

Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
      No. If they happened since 2003 I have already seen them. Not interested in older episodes of characters that are gone.
      I love rewatching old stuff from 25 to 36 Years ago.
      Some charactors are gone but those charactors were part of my favorite couples.GH ruined 2 of my fav couples.I don't see my fav returning any time soon to GH.

Comment

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you. There are also so many storylines and characters, I find myself forgetting some things. (It doesn't help that when I was in college I would try to keep up with episodes, but there were times I only watched during the summer or holiday season.)
        Last edited by soapgirl9; May 23, 2020, 09:59 AM.

Watched 2000-2001 Sonny and Carly episodes yesterday and today. Sarah Brown was tremendous! Also watched some early Laura Wright episodes in January 2006 today and Sonny and Emily episodes. Hard to believe so many years have gone by. Will probably watch occasional YT episodes until Fall. Really have enjoyed past decades.

Comment

• sasha_96
        sasha_96 commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a favorite channel.

The 90s episodes were so good! I was watching the episode from 1995 where Mac finds out Robin and Stone slept together for the first time. He really did NOT like Stone at all. Ironic that Felicia asked Robin if Stone had been tested for HIV, considering that he probably had it at the time and didn't tell Robin until later. There was also the shootout with Joe Scully's men at Luke and Laura's house, which was intense. All the scenes with Robin and Brenda were good, like two sisters. Very organic interactions between the two of them. Felicia and Frisco were pretty cute as well. I love watching old episodes, because it helps put so much stuff in context.
      Last edited by soapgirl9; May 23, 2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• aimee321
        aimee321 commented
        Editing a comment
        They were really hitting us on the nose with the safe sex/being tested thing before Stone was diagnosed and not just in Robin and Stone's storyline.

I remember Brenda giving her blood to Sonny when he got shot and pulling her test results out of her bag (that she always carried with her) and going on about how any responsible sexually active person should be getting tested. And this wasn't in the hospital it was in his living room where she was the only potential donor so chances of the mob doctor requiring his only potential donor to prove she was clean seemed unlikely.

I didn’t start watching till late 2006 — but I’ve been going back and trying to watch whatever I can find. Right now I’m watching 1993 Karen & Jagger (just finished watching their 1992 clips).

Comment

• Starrgirlfish
        Starrgirlfish commented
        Editing a comment
        @soapgirl9
        In order makes the watching experience better for me.

Right now I’m focusing on 1993. I’m currently at Jagger and Karen’s story where Brenda took nude photos of Karen and distributed them throughout the school. Yikes.

I’m going by couples as well. I’m focusing on Karen and Jagger first, because that’ll give me scenes of Sonny when he first came to town since he got Karen to start stripping, right? I think Stone came to town in 1993 too, right?

I think my plan of attack right now is watch all the Karen & Jagger scenes of 1993, then Stone & Robin’s beginning in 1993, and I guess the beginning of S&B since they met in December of that same year.

I have no idea what I’m going to do with 1994 though. That would give me 3 competing couples to watch: S&B, Stone/Robin, and Jagger/Karen and I have no idea whose story to watch first there.

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Starrgirlfish: Yeah, if you don't like Sonny now, your opinion of him will be pretty low when you watch how he got Karen stripping.. You're right, Stone also came to town in 1993. (October 13, 1993 is the first airdate I found for him on a GH Wikipedia page, if that helps). Karen and Stone had some scenes together, when he first gets to Port Charles. Maybe once you hit 1994, keep going with Karen & Jagger? I'm sure some of their scenes also included other scenes with Stone & Robin or even just them talking about what was going on with the two of them. There are some good scenes with Brenda and Robin I was watching yesterday from 1995 where they talk about what is going on in each of their relationships.
        There was also an episode involving a shootout at Brenda and Sonny's apartment and Luke and Laura's house that included scenes of Brenda, Robin, Sonny and Stone, both individually and together. Certain couple scenes will probably overlap a bit with other storylines. There was also a storyline in 1994 with Maxie's cousin BJ dying in an accident and Maxie needing a heart transplant. She was given BJ's heart. I would recommend watching that storyline if you have the chance, but keep some tissues handy for sure! I'm not a fan of the Sonny character now, but he was like a totally different person when he was with Brenda. Brenda/Sonny/Jax were a triangle where I liked both couples involved, which rarely happens for me.
        Last edited by soapgirl9; May 23, 2020, 03:29 PM.

• Starrgirlfish
        Starrgirlfish commented
        Editing a comment
        soapgirl9 ...I’ve watched the infamous scene of Tony resting his head on Maxie to listen to BJ’s heart, but I haven’t seen much of the surrounding story. Definitely on my list of things to watch for that year.

Nope. Not a soap rerun viewer.

Comment

• eileenregina
        eileenregina commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear you. Me either. Besides, nowadays there are lots of options other than soaps which just get worse every year.

I'll watch old ones time and again. The writing and the acting is so good. I just watched Clink Boom. VM and MB were simply amazing to watch. Although, I still wanted Brenda to stay with Jax!

Comment

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Watching the episodes leading up to that when Brenda and Sonny are saying they'll all "be free". I couldn't help but think "yeah, you'll be free of Lily, she's dying soon".

• eileenregina
        eileenregina commented
        Editing a comment
        I loved Brenda and Jax - they were one of my favorite GH couples. They really sparkled together and had a ton of chemistry.

Yes!

The 80s is my favorite era, especially 85-89.

I love it when Robert, Frisco, Sean, Ana, Felicia, Robin, and Tiffany were all together.

Not to mention greatly missed characters, like, Brian, Claudia, Jesse, Celia, Duke, Holly, Lesley, Rick, Heather, Blackie, Grant, Simone, Noah, Jake, Original Edward, Tom etc.
      Last edited by Ginuwine; May 24, 2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I definitely plan to watch old stories on YouTube mostly from the 80's. Such a great era with larger than life stories. It's a nice dose of escapism, which i think we all need right now.

I ain't watching the re-runs from the last 5 or 6 years that GH thinks viewers want to see on television though. I don't think the powers that be quite grasp the concept of how much comfort REALLY old classics bring in times of uncertainty.

Comment

I will be watching what I have been watching most days - Hulu, Neflix or Amazon Prime. Of course, I don't watch TV all the time, I read a lot too and make sure I walk outside on nice days since the Covid 19 quarantine. I really don't watch GH much anymore, just read the recaps and once in awhile, watch it on the ABC app so I can FFd what I am not interested in. To me this show needs a really good shakeup - modern writers, definitely a new Executive Producer and new dialog writers. Again, if they are going to do mob stories, do them correctly and stop with the good mobster/bad mobster stuff. Frankly I wish it all would go away and we could get good hospital drama again but I don't suppose that will ever happen.

Comment

One I have watched a few times in Nikolas and Emily from April of 2003 until end of the PC Hotel Fire in 2004, before they have Nikolas get amnesia.

Comment

right now I am o Sonny and Brenda, weekend, Jasam and Jarly weekdays. I watched Sarah Brown as Carly, how she and aj met at Jake's had sex, her and Tony that whole storyline everything from ,1996-99. Everything from 2000-05 too

Comment

I missed a few classic 80's storylines when I finished college and entered the workforce before VCRs. Right now I'm watching the Prometheus disc as I only caught pieces of it originally. Not real far into it yet but love Robert's super advanced hi-tech computer -- now I miss DOS!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X