Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Would anyone else want to see a joint custody storyline?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thebigman226
    Recurring Poster
    • May 2020

Would anyone else want to see a joint custody storyline?

So far I've seen no reason for the judge to strip Michael of his rights to Wiley but I still feel like the writers are going to give Nelle custody. I hope at worst we get a joint custody storyline.
  • MalteseBaby
    Scriptwriter
    • Aug 2009

I'm pretty sure they will get shared or joint custody of that child unless Nina tanks Nelle with her testimony somehow. She said " she'd tell the truth" and we don't know what the truth MEANS to Nina... She's not very stable, IMO, especially after the Sasha debacle.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
      Scriptwriter
      • Sep 2012

Joint custody doesn't solve the problem of Nelle not being fit to raise a child.

OR the ONLY reason she wants full custody is that she can GLOAT her WIN over Carly.

Comment

• taramartin
        taramartin commented
        Editing a comment
        IA, if Michael died and wasn't an option Wiley still shouldn't be given to Nelle. He has a lot of people who actually love him and could foster him until they could adopt.
    • believeinme246
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2015

I would, but it would be inconsistent with a very recent custody battle between Valentin and Lulu where they were each suing for full custody. The judge commented that joint custody couldn't be an option since it was not offered within their suit, or at least she said something to that nature.

Comment

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Yet, they ended up with joint custody.
    • LukeIsDaMan
      Executive Poster
      • Mar 2006

I rather joint custody than either get full custody.

Comment

• louisesnell96
        Board Regular
        • Mar 2020

Maybe neither will get joint custody or full custody maybe the court might appoint a guardian until they sort things out

Comment

• Manninglover87
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Dec 2009

I would not like to see joint custody in this case, but, unfortunately, I think that is where this heading. Nell should not so much as be left alone with this child. She has proven over and over again that she will not do what’s best for him. She does not love him. Honestly, after giving him away, it shouldn’t even be an issue. She abandoned him. In that moment, she willingly gave up her rights to him.

Comment

• louisesnell96
            louisesnell96 commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree I just hope Nina does the right thing and betrays Nelle

• Manninglover87
            Manninglover87 commented
            Editing a comment
            Even if Nina does stand up for Nell, I don’t see what good it would do her. Nina has been around Nell for maybe two months. That’s not really long enough to testify to someone’s character. Plus, Nell already shot herself in the foot by marrying Julian. Ironically, if she loses, I think that will be why.
        • Wendall Wilcox
          Soap Addict
          • Jul 2018

I think Joint custody and it will be stress for Michael/Willow and they will get even closer and closer

Comment

• thecourt99
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jun 2008

I don't want joint custody. I am sick of seeing Michael robbed of the experience of being a father. I am sick of Nelle being the thorn in Michael's side. I want a period of time, where Michael can simply enjoy being a father. I actually liked him as godfather with Nelle in jail. I want to see more of that.

Comment

• december rose
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Feb 2016

I expect there will be some kind of joint custody arrangement so there can be the continued 'drama' of Nelle being in Michael and his family's life/

Where is the story without it?

My guess is that Michael may get the primary living custody so that Wyley continues to live where he is accustomed and Nelle gets some kind of visitation. Maybe even supervised visitation.

Without Nelle getting some kind of rights, the alternative is to have her kidnap Wyley and run.

I guess it just depends if the actress is staying.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2010

I am going for joint custody based on what we have heard play out up till now. When you look at the facts that a judge would be looking at, the playing field is level. Please, do not throw rocks or argue how can I say this. i am looking at what the Judge is seeing and hearing. Not what we know as fact based on the show itself.

Nina's testimony will throw the decision either way. Especially if she doesn't see the necklace while she is testifying.

There is more drama in joint or Nelle having full custody. If CL is leaving the show, then MIchael gets full custody, or he is accused of murder.

Comment

• 2020recalibrate
                  Board Regular
                  • May 2020

It's very possible that the Judge would see that both sides are unfit to raise Wiley and give the child to one of his grandmothers/great-grandmothers, i.e.Monica or Bobby. Both Michael and Nelle have criminal backgrounds and dysfunctional family histories, so the Judge may think neither side is best to receive custody.
                  I want to believe Michael and Willow will get custody, but if the Judge gave custody to Monica, that would be ok as well. Nelle should not have custody of any living thing!! AE2recalibrate.

Comment

• december rose
                    december rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Considering Michael lives with Monica, that would be basically giving him custody.

Since Diane didn't bring any Q's or Bobbie in to testify, I doubt that is what is going to happen.

• 2020recalibrate
                    2020recalibrate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly december rose! Michael would still win, and Monica being a doctor/Medical Director could insure Wiley got the necessary surgery because she would have full custody (temporarily). Bobbie can still come into the court room later, and being a RN, if given custody(temporaily) she could insure Wiley got the necessary surgery as well.
                • ajs10267
                  Contract Poster
                  • Sep 2009

No, Nelle hasn't even asked about Wiley, not once. She has said many times she wants full custody to stick it to the Corenthos family. She doesn't love Wiley and is probably not capable of love. The only times she has said she wants to be a mother to Wiley is in court and when she is trying to manipulate someone. When speaking with people that know her like her attorney she's never said that.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
                    Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
                    • Mar 2004

I'd be open to it but only if he was able to live with Michael and have visits with nelle. She gave him up, yes I know that she's lying and saying Brad took the baby but we saw her hand that baby over without an ounce of emotional attachment to him. That moment showed me that she didn't really want the baby. Michael has never not wanted him and he's never been just a means to an end for Michael
                    Shelly, Moderator
                    soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Aug 2006

I am leaning toward joint custody. After having worked in children's services I have seen a number of parents who I deemed as bad as of even worse than Nelle not be denied a relationship with their child. And heaven knows they have used their children to get what they want or just stick it to the other parent which is something fictional Carly has done on more than one occasion with Michael and again with Michael and Morgan.

Comment

• CassadineFan
                        CassadineFan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
                        I am leaning toward joint custody. After having worked in children's services I have seen a number of parents who I deemed as bad as of even worse than Nelle not be denied a relationship with their child. And heaven knows they have used their children to get what they want or just stick it to the other parent which is something fictional Carly has done on more than one occasion with Michael and again with Michael and Morgan.
                        This is why I don't want Nelle to get joint. I have seen the real life consequences. I want my fiction to be a little more uplifting. Carly isn't the issue. Michael isn't Carly. Nelle isn't Carly.

• lala214
                        lala214 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As a family lawyer, I completely agree w/you. A lot of ppl don't seem to understand that it takes A LOT to terminate a parent's rights. Nothing Nelle has done is deserving of that. It wouldn't even be a real option in "real" life. The most I would be going for if I represented Michael is primary custody. I mean, I'd argue for sole, but would tell him, it's likely to be primary!

And thank you for pointing out that Carly has also "used" her children, but no one has said she shouldn't be allowed to mother them.

• believeinme246
                        believeinme246 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you for your real-life observations. This is why the previous story of Maxie being denied custody of Georgie irked me so much. I'm hoping for a more believable story this time around.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X