• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • december rose
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Feb 2016

How do you rate today's cliffhangers?

I thought GH did a good job yesterday and today showing a bit of all the current stories:
    • the Custody hearing
    • Mike's condition
    • ELQ stock
    • What's up with Dante
    • Is Holly really dead
    • launch of Deception
    • Nik and Spencer and Ava
    • Molly/TJ Curtis/Trina Renault (we saw them earlier in the week)
    I think they stretched out what they had as far as they could and most of the stories are on the verge of conclusion or a big reveal.

It makes sense. Originally the episodes were supposed to run out in mid April. So these stories were the lead up to May sweeps and the Nurses Ball which usually includes some kind of reveal)

Is it enough to keep you interested to come back?
  • SAMLEXIS FAN
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2008

I won't be watching this week's episodes until Sunday. But reading the live thread recaps & comments, I'm disappointed it didn't end with Nina getting up on the stand & making contact with Nelle's necklace. Now that would have been a great cliffhanger.

Comment

• franron
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Oct 2005

So, did a ship sink, out in open water, or didn't it? Robert thinks that Holly was safely floating on a piece of wreckage, until the local Ocean Patrol guys answered the call and answered the SOS call. No one will tell him if any other survivors were picked up? What kind of ship, passenger, or, merchant ship? Military?
      Last edited by franron; May 21, 2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        Anna finally said something about dozens of people went down with the ship. So dozens of families must be grieving loved ones that were lost in the shipwreck, right? Ugh, why am I even thinking about this.
    • jodyb22
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2009

To me, it ended on a meh...
      I know it's not their fault how it ended but it just felt so lackluster to me.

Comment

• taramartin
        taramartin commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought since it wasn't really planned as a cliff hanger it still left us to wonder about Wiley going to Michael or Nelle, what is wrong with Maxie (pregnant?) and how soon Mike will die ?. I wish they could be back soon and safe.
    • Wendall Wilcox
      Soap Addict
      • Jul 2018

I thought Nina taking the stand in front of Michael/Carly/Willow/Nelle/Jax/Julian was interesting

That being said I’m ok with them picking back up later in these characters lifes

Comment

• McShirls
        McShirls commented
        Editing a comment
        She swore to tell the truth. If the scene had continued, I believe she would have.

• taramartin
        taramartin commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you think she considers the truth to be?

• xoregonian
        xoregonian commented
        Editing a comment
        Wiley's bio mom swore "to tell the truth" too, and immediately lied of course.
    • Ginuwine
      Executive Poster
      • Oct 2017

I thought it was interesting. I'm glad that Holly may not be dead. I loved seeing Robert and Laura. And I liked the scene with Sasha and Valentine.

Comment

• 2020recalibrate
        Board Regular
        • May 2020

Great job, covering most of the bases over the past 2 days!

I have to agree with a few other posters that new episodes could be filmed on location using a few characters in each new episode.
        Old footage could fill in the gaps until regular full ensemble filming re-started in Summer. I vote for both some fake PC and island footage filmed in Georgia, Texas, or Florida that are more open states which are entertainment/filming friendly. AE2recalibrate.

Comment

• xoregonian
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by 2020recalibrate View Post
          Great job, covering most of the bases over the past 2 days!

I have to agree with a few other posters that new episodes could be filmed on location using a few characters in each new episode.
          Old footage could fill in the gaps until regular full ensemble filming re-started in Summer. I vote for both some fake PC and island footage filmed in Georgia, Texas, or Florida that are more open states which are entertainment/filming friendly. AE2recalibrate.
          What on earth is AE2recalibrate?

With SO much talk of Dante for the past few weeks, surely they intend to bring back DZ when this is all over. Are we to believe Scorpio and Olivia are going to be a thing?

Comment

• Thalia1
            Executive Poster
            • Mar 2013

They had such stale drawn out material to work with that is still dragging on I ask what cliffhanger was there. It just seemed like more of the same unresolved story arcs they have been working with forever. The only real cliffhanger is when will GH be back?

Comment

• maggiebh
              Scriptwriter
              • Aug 2015

I thought it all fell pretty flat. Could have been a regular Wednesday show to me.

Comment

• McShirls
                Soap Addict
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by taramartin View Post
                What do you think she considers the truth to be?
                Nina knows she blackmailed Julian to marry her just to try to win custody. And Nina fired her once before for lying and blackmail. And she has only had her as an employee a few weeks and she has no idea what kind of mother she'll be. That's the truth.

Comment

• december rose
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Feb 2016

Originally posted by maggiebh View Post
                  I thought it all fell pretty flat. Could have been a regular Wednesday show to me.
                  Basically that is what it was. A regular daily show, I only used the word cliffhanger because with the production shut down, we have to wait to see what comes next.

Sometimes we go weeks with no mention of certain stories.

I don't know if TPTB purposely edited the shows. But to me it seemed as if all the major stories were touched on in the last 2 days.

Comment

• maggiebh
                    maggiebh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope they look seriously at the direction they have gone with the Nelle mess and get rid of her. They have gone down a rabbit hole with this story, and the Peter story, making Maxie and Anna look stupid, sending Robert on a wild goose chase over an ex-wife who has been off canvas for years and loosing one of my own personal favorite characters (Dr. O) as a result. I honestly find Cyrus more interesting than these two losers. Bring back REAL villains, not whack jobs that infect our cast like COVID 19!
                • TVDfan
                  Board Regular
                  • Jun 2011

Meh
                  Worst is they had so many cliffhanger to use and none where used.
                  Robert being told they found a body and needing Robert to confirm cliffhanger was it Holly?
                  Maxie or Anna finding out about Peter.
                  Nina seeing the necklace.
                  Valentine appearing at the Q mansion saying he is the new owner.

Comment

• divamagenta
                    Senior Board Member
                    • Nov 2014

I was really hoping that Julian would have done a second invisible ink "gotcha" to Nelle where they aren't really married, and testify that Nelle tried to blackmail him into marrying her because of an eavesdropping "misunderstanding." He could easily convince Brook Lynn to deny she said anything about Julian tampering with the car, especially since she despises Nelle far more, and Julian could offer to help with the sleazy record producer and the ELQ stock in return. He could save his own skin and help take down Nelle as well.

Comment

• MeTyme
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Jan 2020

No big cliffhangers but cant blame them as they did not plan this. They had no time to write or rehearse a big cliffhanger.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X