• GH Sets and Locations: Best and Worst over 50+ years

GH Sets and Locations: Best and Worst over 50+ years:
    1960s
    1970s
    1980s
    1990s
    2000s'
    2010s

What where your favorite sets and locations for each decade? What made it best/worst? What feelings did you experience upon entering into that environment/atmosphere?
    What do you want to see in the 2020s as far as sets, locations, decor, etc.
    Let's party! AE2recalibarate.

I loved the island where Laura wore the pink sarong and Robert only wore pants, during the storyline for the Ice Princess.

The ones that I liked least are Maxie's current apartment and Dante and Lulu's former place. Both sets were too dark and dreary for my taste.
    Last edited by believeinme246; May 22, 2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

On of my favs was Sonny Penthouse and he
      actually had bodyguards there all the time whenever the door was opened you would see
      Johnny or the others standing there or they would open the door and announce who was there..As one would expect of a mob boss.

I always like Liz old house.. it was bright it had a real lived in look like younger children actually lived there.. not pristine condition all the time..
      there were toys strewn about and such..

WTH did they do to Maxie apartment that hideous dark blue wall paper is... hideous.

The MC looks institutional the gray is drab
      the rooms have and hallway have what look like
      bathroom tiles.. not a welcoming place.

I don;t like the way they redid the exam/patient
      rooms at GH they are dark and depressing.

Comment

• Q777S
        Q777S commented
        Editing a comment
        maxie does have some hideous wallpaper. 😱

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree about Maxie's apartment, and I love the color blue! I actually went on YouTube a while ago just to see what her apartment had looked like before.

The original "penthouse" set - not sure who owned it. with the floor to ceiling window back wall - was a perfect concept of a man's penthouse.

Luke's office - with all his mementos of his travels...

Wyndemere has always been one of my favorite sets, no matter who owns it. It is so gothic, with a human touch.

Comment

• sasha_96
        sasha_96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm, Sean Donnelly lived there when I first started watching and that is who Sonny bought it from.

The best:

Robert and Holly's house/apartment.

The Brownstone.

Frisco and Felicia's apartment.

Ana, Robin, and Filomena's home.

Comment

I'll start with sets.

I'll focus on the best lol.

1960s - Hard to say, most of the 60's is a mystery because there isn't a whole lot of footage from that era, but i guess the hospital itself since it was the first.
        1970s - The park! with that bridge, and the water fountain where Scotty and Laura got married, where they always had 4th of July celebrations etc.
        1980s - The Campus Disco. The fake island from the Ice Princess Story. The Nurses Station. Kelly's. The Docks.The Q mansion. Robert and Holly's house. The brownstone.
        1990s - The newer docks. Luke and Laura's / The original Ward House, the outback, Luke's pub.
        2000s - The outside of the Metro Court during the hostage crisis (HUGE set, very well done), Haunted Star, and the upgraded Hospital set in 2009
        2010s - I would say GH has actually created some pretty decent sets the last couple of years in a sea of crappy shoe box sized sets. Anna's house is really nice. Alexis' house is nice too. Sonny's kitchen (except for that damn bowl moss), Volonino's Gym, Charlie's Pub, outside the mayor's headquarters.

Location shoots :
        Honestly i enjoy almost all of them. It's nice to see GH in natural lighting. The only one that annoys the crap out of me is whatever park they keep going to down the street from their studio that make it painfully obvious that they aren't in New York because you can see all these fake palm trees and plants everywhere LOL. But if i had to pick favorites. Mt. Rushmore, Wyndhams while Luke and Laura were on the run, same with the various shots during the Ice Princess story that weren't on a fake island set LOL, wherever they shot most of the Aztek treasure story, Puerto Rico in the 90's.

Comment

• AMHardulak
          AMHardulak commented
          Editing a comment
          Your observations bring back a lot of fond memories. (Re: the '60-s--it seemed that there were only two places to talk at GH--the nurses' station and the (ready for it) medicine room

• 2020recalibrate
          2020recalibrate commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Envious01, couldn't ask for a more thorough review of the Best of GH sets and locations! What a joy to read your post!!!!! Brought back some precious viewing memories!!
          AE2recalibrate.

i have always like the quartermain mansion. after the redecorate, it has taken just a bit of time to like it but its not the same .

i liked alexis’ og house

i do like the laid back feel of the floating rib

Comment

The Brownstone in the 80s when so many characters lived there.

Luke’s in the 90s I really enjoyed the set and that we regularly saw three different sets (outside, main club/bar, and Luke’s office).

Windermere in the 2000s, when we got to see so many different rooms and outside sets. It felt much more like a castle on an island when we saw more than just the front room.

The past decade - Anna’s house. It is just a nicely done set and a relief after making her live in a hotel for half a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by envious01 View Post
            I'll start with sets.

I'll focus on the best lol.

1960s - Hard to say, most of the 60's is a mystery because there isn't a whole lot of footage from that era, but i guess the hospital itself since it was the first.
            1970s - The park! with that bridge, and the water fountain where Scotty and Laura got married, where they always had 4th of July celebrations etc.
            1980s - The Campus Disco. The fake island from the Ice Princess Story. The Nurses Station. Kelly's. The Docks.The Q mansion. Robert and Holly's house. The brownstone.
            1990s - The newer docks. Luke and Laura's / The original Ward House, the outback, Luke's pub.
            2000s - The outside of the Metro Court during the hostage crisis (HUGE set, very well done), Haunted Star, and the upgraded Hospital set in 2009
            2010s - I would say GH has actually created some pretty decent sets the last couple of years in a sea of crappy shoe box sized sets. Anna's house is really nice. Alexis' house is nice too. Sonny's kitchen (except for that damn bowl moss), Volonino's Gym, Charlie's Pub, outside the mayor's headquarters.

Location shoots :
            Honestly i enjoy almost all of them. It's nice to see GH in natural lighting. The only one that annoys the crap out of me is whatever park they keep going to down the street from their studio that make it painfully obvious that they aren't in New York because you can see all these fake palm trees and plants everywhere LOL. But if i had to pick favorites. Mt. Rushmore, Wyndhams while Luke and Laura were on the run, same with the various shots during the Ice Princess story that weren't on a fake island set LOL, wherever they shot most of the Aztek treasure story, Puerto Rico in the 90's.

They shot they shot the Mexican and Texas Location stuff in Antonio,Texas.
            I am not sure where they shot the Canadian Finale Part.

Fav on Location shoots

Charleston SC Feb 86 Kevin and Terry O Conner Wedding in Laurelton SC/.

Atlantic City FnF on the Run Summer 86
            The Big Top Circus set.

Fav PC Sets

Sean Donely 18th floor Pent House.
            Sean Donely Secret Room in his Pent House.

The Brownstone 1985 to April 91. Bobbie LR,
            FnF Studio Apt,Tony &Tania 2nd Floor Apt
            Jake Basement Apt.

Kelly,s Dinner 1984-89 Era
            DukesClub 86 which became Delifields 1990

Port Charles Hotel 1984-89 era .

Tony&Tania Jones House Christmas 86.

Robert Townhouse 1984 that had the hidden doors.

The Catacombs under PC
            Some my fav scene happened thier,
            It is last Place most would want to be most the time.

Last edited by GConnDi; May 22, 2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• They shot they shot the Mexican and Texas Location stuff in Antonio,Texas.
                • I am not sure where they shot the Canadian Finale Part.

Fav on Location shoots

Charleston SC Feb 86 Kevin and Terry O Conner Wedding in Laurelton SC/.

Atlantic City FnF on the Run Summer 86
                  The Big Top Circus set.

Fav PC Sets

Sean Donely 18th floor Pent House.
                  Sean Donely Secret Room in his Pent House.

The Brownstone 1985 to April 91. Bobbie LR,
                  FnF Studio Apt,Tony &Tania 2nd Floor Apt
                  Jake Basement Apt.

Kelly,s Dinner 1984-89 Era
                  DukesClub 86 which became Delifields 1990

Port Charles Hotel 1984-89 era .

Tony&Tania Jones House Christmas 86.

Robert Townhouse 1984 that had the hidden doors.

The Catacombs under PC
                  Some my fav scene happened thier,
                  It is last Place most would want to be most the time.
              Last edited by GConnDi; May 22, 2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

My Favorite Sets on GH

1. Brenda’s cottage when she with first Lois and Ned then later Jax
                2. Alexis first house by the lake.
                3. The Quartermaine’s mansion from the 1990’s
                4. Wyndemere Castle
                5. I love Anna’s house.?

Worst Sets on GH

1. The ugliest set Felix and Sabrina’s apartment.
                2. Worst Apartment Maxie’s with the hideous blue and black wall paper please update Maxie’s set.
                3. I never cared for Sonny’s or Jason’s PH sets they were pretty boring.
                4. wanted to like Jax and Carly’s mansion as it was bright and airy but kind of boring.

Comment

• believeinme246
                  believeinme246 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IKR? It's actually hard for me to believe that a fashionista like Maxie, with such a perkie personality, wouldn't try to fix up that hideously drab depressing apartment. Especially with James. I could see her putting light colorful wallpaper with giraffes and elephants and something that a young mother would like. I could even see her draping colorful scarves on the walls to add texture and color.

• Ribbonette
                  Ribbonette commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I loved Brenda's cottage!!!

Dante's old apartment with the elevator (what was that about!?) would've been a good set if the elevator wasn't in it. I'm watching episodes from the 90s and I like the penthouse set. Robin's room was a good set, too.

Comment

• franron
                  franron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That elevator was weird-ass. Like anyone could push the up button and, Surprise!! Uninvited company could catch you in your PJ's.

• soapgirl9
                  soapgirl9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Definitely. I remember more than one time Lulu and Dante were spending alone time and someone would just show up in the elevator. 🤣

Favorites over the years

The island in the Ice Princess story and the whole IP set overall that was meant to be underground IIRC.
                Loved Roberts house with the floating staircase that had the high tech(for that time)office and the entrance to the tombs through the picture in the wall.
                Loved original Kellys with the view of people walking on the docks and the ships bell that was constantly ringing.
                The Brownstone
                Spoon Island
                Original Floating Rib
                The Outback
                Down at the docks/where everyone would meet and eavesdrop when they would decorate it
                The Bucket of Blood...ok did not care about that set, but loved the name of the club.

Sure that is just the tip of it 50+ years is a lot of sets.

Comment

Best set for me was the Brownstone era and the best location--definitely the snow scene shoots with Anna and crazy Grant Putnam.

Comment

The Brownstone (so many shenanigans)
                    Lukes Club (remember when they had all the great live performances there and the whole cast would be there?)
                    Kelly’s
                    The Floating Rib
                    Q Mansion
                    Luke and Laura’s House
                    The Boxcar
                    Sonny’s Penthouse

I really liked Lucky’s Loft apartment that he moved into after Niz. It really reflected JJ’s Lucky’s personality.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
                      ScrubsFan#1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with ALL of these - but want to add one more.

I HATED that set that they used for Silas's apartment. It looked like they set a match to it - and were shooting in the burnt out shell of it. It literally looked like it had just survived a fire - ALL grey and black - ugly.

• sasha_96
                      sasha_96 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Silas‘s apartment a.k.a. Franco and Nina’s apartment aka Kiki’s apartment was terrible.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X