X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghfan2001
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Jun 2013

I never saw it, but it's 2020 I have no interest in watching a woman marry her own rapist. I would pass on that one.

Comment

• chickadee_42us
      Board Regular
      • Jun 2005

While it being remembered as an iconic marriage scene, I find it extremely distasteful with the psychological issues their relationship caused Laura; date rape is not romantic. And besides that, I cannot stand the character of Luke Spencer.

Comment

• taylors2cats
        Executive Poster
        • Aug 2015

No. I am one of few back in the day disgusted that Laura fell in love with her rapist and married him. Always found Luke to be an arrogant, sex offending, tool.

Comment

• setside01
          setside01 commented
          Editing a comment
          I watched GH in middle/high school and was another that was not a fan of L&L (although my sister was a huge fan). I couldn't understand how Laura could fall in love with her rapist and then the whole thing was whitewashed. With that said I might watch the episodes again just to see my old favorite characters.
      • MalteseBaby
        Scriptwriter
        • Aug 2009

I'd probably watch for one thing: The BEAUTY of Laura. I would not pay one iota of attention to the rapist she married, and I do not give a darn about Liz Taylor.

I'd watch solely for GF, as she has always been so beautiful.

Comment

• Acceler8
          Recurring Poster
          • May 2020

They should also rerun Sean and Tiffany's wedding!

Comment

• CanaryFan98
            CanaryFan98 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes this I would love to see I vaguely remember watching this with my mom when I was little but I would like to see it now as an adult.
        • AMHardulak
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2009

I would watch and be thrilled for those fans who had never seen it. Another stunner wedding--Robert and Anna's first wedding in Italy. Breathtakingly beautiful (in a time when the money was there)

Comment

• believeinme246
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2015

I absolutely would, although I don't think the wedding alone would spark new viewers if they didn't see the story of the left handed boy.

Comment

• BellesRose
              Contract Poster
              • Dec 2006

I will watch whatever episodes they show, although I hope they show truly classic episodes, and not recent repeats. And I hope they don’t show Oscar’s death again.

Comment

• worldtraveler21
                Day Player
                • Oct 2019

I saw it when it originally aired; that's enough. I did like them then, but it was a different world and I see both of them differently. I doubt anyone seeing it for the first time now would think it was any big deal.

Comment

• Ginuwine
                  Executive Poster
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by envious01 View Post
                  Oh HELL yes i would. As someone who wasn't alive when it aired, but has also watched it countless times on YouTube in various qualities over the years i'd love to see it on ABC again, hopefully remastered. I think whether you're a Luke and Laura fan or not, this wedding was a HUGE moment in pop culture that has never been replicated, still the most watched daytime soap episode of all time, and really put GH on the map, so i think it's important for people to see why GH became a phenomenon. Especially now, when GH is in limbo.
                  I agree with you envious01! Well said!

btw - Yes. I would definitely watch as well. I love the 80s episodes of GH.

Comment

• Ginuwine
                    Executive Poster
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by AMHardulak View Post
                    I would watch and be thrilled for those fans who had never seen it. Another stunner wedding--Robert and Anna's first wedding in Italy. Breathtakingly beautiful (in a time when the money was there)
                    I agree. I loved that as well.

Comment

• Ginuwine
                      Executive Poster
                      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by MalteseBaby View Post
                      I'd probably watch for one thing: The BEAUTY of Laura. I would not pay one iota of attention to the rapist she married, and I do not give a darn about Liz Taylor.

I'd watch solely for GF, as she has always been so beautiful.
                      I remember when I first saw GF way back in 1978, and I remember thinking how beautiful she was......and still is. Love her smile.

Comment

• jodyb22
                        Soap Addict
                        • Sep 2009

I wasn't watching the ABC soaps back then so I would be curious enough to watch it. I'm admittedly not a Luke fan but his name was brought up today so sure.
                        Plus I'd find it very intriguing to see Liz Taylor as Helena. I can't even imagine a bigger name as a cameo performer! What a coup!

Comment

• Jackaled
                          Jackaled commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There seem to be some misconception
                          the Liz Taylor just did a quick Cameo.
                          That is not the case she had a few scenes
                          over a few days..And Whi remembers her calling card.....Sterling Roses....

• heddalee
                          heddalee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          IN just a couple of days, Ms Taylor developed a rich,layered character whose motivations were subterranean and yet believable.

That character was never seen again, replaced by one of those toy godzillas that wobbles around shooting sparks out its mouth.
                      • Ilovmydog
                        Recurring Poster
                        • Aug 2015

It's funny, last night I was watching a rerun of Roseanne last night and at the end they had a cameo of Luke and Laura and it was hilarious! It was during the high life of Luke and Laura!!

Comment

• heddalee
                          heddalee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Roseanne herself guest-starred on GH.
                      • Ginuwine
                        Executive Poster
                        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Acceler8 View Post
                        They should also rerun Sean and Tiffany's wedding!
                        Yes! Yes! I loved that one as well.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X