Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Really Has Nothing Better to Do than be Sonny's lackey?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Really Has Nothing Better to Do than be Sonny's lackey?

At least when we thought he was Drew, he created / built a multi-media conglomerate. Now he's blocking the exit-way of his baby mama's father in a courthouse, so that his mob boss can coerce and threaten a private citizen.
    Last edited by JCmojoe81; May 21, 2020, 01:34 PM. Reason: edited thread title to read clearer and prevent deletion of thread

Lackey? I say friend. Standing by your friend when his father is dying is being a friend, not a lackey.

Threatening Julian. Please. Obviously he is very afraid of Sonny. He married Nelle because he is afraid of him. He let Brad blackmail him for 1 1/2,

Jason did not need to be there to 'scare' Julian.

Comment

Originally posted by december rose View Post
      Lackey? I say friend. Standing by your friend when his father is dying is being a friend, not a lackey.

Threatening Julian. Please. Obviously he is very afraid of Sonny. He married Nelle because he is afraid of him. He let Brad blackmail him for 1 1/2,

Jason did not need to be there to 'scare' Julian.
      Thank you for saying exactly what my comment was going to be! Well said

Comment

Originally posted by islezeus View Post
        ... than be Sonny's lackey? At least when we thought he was Drew, he created / built a multi-media conglomerate. Now he's blocking the exit-way of his baby mama's father in a courthouse, so that his mob boss can coerce and threaten a private citizen.
        Nothing better to do? His best friend's father is dying. Jason is giving his friend support and he is supporting Mike who is also his friend. I wouldn't call that "nothing better to do."
        Last edited by Ginuwine; May 21, 2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

When Drew thought he was Jason, he lived a life and did things that weren't Sonny and Carly-centric; I saw him more with Sam, his wife and he got closer to the Quartermaines and started a business. It's just my opinion but I loved seeing that. After seeing him just pop-up at the courtroom yesterday, it just seemed to me that the return of the original Jason has been a regression, I think. I know it's an unpopular opinion on here but this guy has been in the same leather jacket at Sonny and Carly's beck and call for over 20 years, give or take. Yikes!!!
          Last edited by islezeus; May 21, 2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Ginuwine
            Ginuwine commented
            Editing a comment
            lala214, Drew felt like another character. That wasn't growth. He just wasn't Jason.

• Ginuwine
            Ginuwine commented
            Editing a comment
            lala214, Drew felt like another character. That wasn't growth. He just wasn't Jason.

• ann gabriel
            ann gabriel commented
            Editing a comment
            And Sam just wasn't Sam.

Right, the private citizen that just contradicted what he told sonny the night before that Wiley belongs with michael. The private citizen who was blackmailed by a lunatic because she knows he cut the brake lines of his son in law's car and almost killed his son. The private citizen that could have killed wiley had he been in that accident, or with the drugs he gave Brad to injest and then planted in the apartment where wiley was living. That guy? He deserves exactly what he gets. Unless he finds his manhood and testifies to the truth.

Comment

To me, Jason has been wasted for years as Sonny's lackey. He really should join the WSB, or start his own detective agency with Spinelli (not Sam, who is really bad at it, LOL).

Comment

The short answer is no, Jason has nothing better to do. He doesn't see Sam or the kids, and he has no other friends to hang out with, other than, on occasion, Spinelli. I love the way Curtis once described Jason to Drew: "He has the personality of a block of concrete." Perfect.

Comment

Christina’s talk with Sam last week (whenever it was I’ve lost track of time) was spot on. Jason will always put Sonny and Carly first above everyone including Sam. So of course Jason has nothing better to do than Sonny’s bidding. That is Jason’s life. Hope Sam gets a clue and finally moves on. She has been unbearable to watch. Maybe Sam will be more interesting paired with someone else.

Comment

I am not sure what people expect to see Jason doing. We don't see most characters doing their work -- if they are actually in their offices, they are talking to someone else and almost never actually working (ahem -- Jax and Nina!). We know Jason works off-screen to protect and strategize for the Corinthos organization, and that he is a partner in the coffee-importing company.

We've heard that he and Sam do kid-pickups at the Quartermaines, and presumably he sometimes sees Jake as well as Danny and Scout (just like all the other parents who see their kids off-screen). Jason being supportive toward Sonny when Sonny's father -- whom Jason knows and likes -- is deteriorating doesn't make him a lackey.

The thing is: Jason seems pretty happy with his his day-to-day life. He loves and probably misses Sam, but he can live his day-to-day life without her.

There are a lot of people in Port Charles who seem to like Jason very much, but yes, he just hangs with Sonny and Carly and sometimes Spinelli and Michael., when Michael needs him But that is not really a smaller circle than a lot of folks in Port Charles hang with.

Comment

• lala214
                    lala214 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it would be nice to see Jason in his own plot - one that is not connected to Sonny or Carly. For me, Jason is pretty boring as written IMO.

When Drew thought he was Jason, he lived a life and did things that weren't Sonny and Carly-centric; I saw him more with Sam, his wife and he got closer to the Quartermaines and started a business. It's just my opinion but I loved seeing that. After seeing him just pop-up at the courtroom yesterday, it just seemed to me that the return of the original Jason has been a regression, I think. I know it's an unpopular opinion on here but this guy has been in the same leather jacket at Sonny and Carly's beck and call for over 20 years, give or take. Yikes!!!
                  When Drew learned he wasn’t Jason he receded into the background and wasn’t seen doing anything. That was chalked up to poor writing. I think that explanation applies here as well.

Comment

• THB54
                    THB54 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Then we've had "poor writing" for more than 20 years.

• PinkDiamond
                    PinkDiamond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The show is still on the air...if the writing had been that bad for 20 years...why is the show still on...if it was because of them this show would have been cancelled years ago...so like it or not they are still on because of Sonny & Jason...which means more people LIKE them...more then dislike them.

Originally posted by cole'sgal View Post
                  The short answer is no, Jason has nothing better to do. He doesn't see Sam or the kids, and he has no other friends to hang out with, other than, on occasion, Spinelli. I love the way Curtis once described Jason to Drew: "He has the personality of a block of concrete." Perfect.
                  Name some other friendships that we see REGULARLY. Name all of the parents/kids we see REGULARLY. He doesn't see Sam because THEY CAN'T.

Jason isnt doing anything more or less than anyone else, but that "personality of a block of concrete" is always being discussed.

Comment

• MorganFamValues
                    MorganFamValues commented
                    Editing a comment
                    THB54 and what exactly does your comment have to do with the comment I responded to?

In YESTERDAY's episode, Sonny and his FRIEND, Jason had a very emotional discussion about Mike's medical care moving forward. There was no talk of murder, criminal activity, circumventing the law or their feelings of superiority over the other inhabitants of PC.

• december rose
                    december rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In yesterday's scenes we saw a real friendship based on love and caring about family and each other.

Same as Liz showing up for Mike and Sonny.

That is what people who like and care about each other do for each other

• THB54
                    THB54 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, I can admit they had ONE tender moment in the 20+ years they have been killers and criminals who intimidate people and act as if they're morally superior to all others. That tender moment doesn't change who they are at the core. Going forward, I'll see if they can have compassion for others and take responsibility for their own acts without justification.

I saw a supportive friend on my screen.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
                    JNLrafamily commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's what I saw too.....

When Drew thought he was Jason, he lived a life and did things that weren't Sonny and Carly-centric; I saw him more with Sam, his wife and he got closer to the Quartermaines and started a business.
                  But Sonny and Carly are his close friends. Drew was not close friends with Sonny and Carly. Close friends are there for each other and support each other. That's what Jason is doing for Sonny. I think that is a good thing. Just because you feel that Drew would not be supportive of a friend doesn't mean Jason wouldn't be supportive of his friends. And Sam and Jason can't be together. Sam has been told she can't be near Jason. Hence we won't see him with Sam.

Comment

• islezeus
                    islezeus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Notice I only mentioned the courtroom appearance. I was not complaining about him showing up for Sonny during Mike's deterioration. I found the courtroom thing overkill. Like couldn't he being doing something else, Sonny can surely handle Julian on his own? Everyone is saying Jason is doing this and that off screen, well can we see him hanging out more with his kids or those off screen things he does instead of appearing at the courtroom and standing in the background while Sonny coerces and threatens Julian?

• THB54
                    THB54 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Drew was around quite often to support Sonny and Carly during difficult personal times. He just no longer was the lackey who killed at their command - and they didn't like that Drew wasn't at their beck and call 24/7/ Drew actually decided to have a life that wasn't consumed by Carson. That was a healthy decision. The Jason-Carson friendhip has been very one-sided and selfish in that aspect. It's all about what Jason can do for THEM. Plus, as soon as Sonny and Carly learned Drew wasn't really Jason, they pretty much kicked him to the curb and considered him second-rate. And this after they had all FORCED Drew into being Jason based on the idiocy of Spinelli. It wasn't like he CHOSE to be Jason - they all INSISTED he WAS Jason - .then they pretty much accused him of stealing Jason's life and money. They are the ones who betrayed the friendship with Drew. There's NO evidence Drew was an unsupportive friend. It's quite the opposite.

Originally posted by shoresense View Post
                  Christina’s talk with Sam last week (whenever it was I’ve lost track of time) was spot on. Jason will always put Sonny and Carly first above everyone including Sam. So of course Jason has nothing better to do than Sonny’s bidding. That is Jason’s life. Hope Sam gets a clue and finally moves on. She has been unbearable to watch. Maybe Sam will be more interesting paired with someone else.
                  Supporting his friend is doing someone's "bidding?"

Comment

• shoresense
                    shoresense commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wasnt referring to going to see Mike with Sonny , I was referring to all the mob deeds Jason does on behalf of Sonny

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X