• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Philly_Girl
    Board Regular
    • May 2018

Sonny and Jason Cried Today

I thought SB gave a great performance today when Sonny asked him for an honest opinion about Mike and what he should do.

Jason could make a living training Hospice personnel, what he said to Sonny was the best advice that could be given.

And he did it tactfully so that Sonny didn't shut down and block his words out.

But what really got to me was when Jason got choked up and teary eyed, and Sonny started shedding tears.

This is the first time I've seen them both break down like that.

Hopefully, Jason got through to Sonny that he needs to tell Mike how much he loves him and it's ok for him to go home.

Even in non-responsive state, ALZ sufferers can feel and hear.

Mike needs to hear it from Sonny.

• xoregonian
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2014

I swear to God, that was SO well done and very touching. I saw the tears in Jason's eyes, then the tears ran down Sonny's cheek. Great acting by two guys that don't normally get such heavy stuff. Bravo.

Comment

• sasha_96
      sasha_96 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it was the single best set of scenes that they have ever had together.

• FLPeaches
      FLPeaches commented
      Editing a comment
      Very intense scene and so beautifully done....
      Heart-breaking and heart-warming at the same time.
  • ScrubsFan#1
    Scriptwriter
    • Sep 2012

It was so well done - and makes me even more sad that Steve is in such a STAGNANT role. There is SO much more this actor can do - but the writers refuse to move him forward.

Comment

• Sam_Philly_Girl
      Sam_Philly_Girl commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you 100%. SB should be getting a lot more material like we saw today.
  • Misses
    Lurking in the Shadows
    • Feb 2010

When SB eyes are red you know he is about to hurt our feelings. They both did great in this scene!

Comment

• J_Sam
      Senior Board Member
      • Nov 2015

SB is an exceptional a good actor even though they write him as a hit man,.. I adore him.. he goes with the flow he never complains and he loves all of characters "cast" on GH..he says it all the time... in in his interviews..Maurice and Steve did a great job with Sonny and Jason today....Brought me to tears..too

Comment

• samson2
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by J_Sam View Post
        SB is an exceptional a good actor even though they write him as a hit man,.. I adore him.. he goes with the flow he never complains and he loves all of characters "cast" on GH..he says it all the time... in in his interviews..Maurice and Steve did a great job with Sonny and Jason today....Brought me to tears..too
        Sounds great, I am really looking forward to seeing these scenes!!!!

Comment

• xoregonian
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
          It was so well done - and makes me even more sad that Steve is in such a STAGNANT role. There is SO much more this actor can do - but the writers refuse to move him forward.
          Not many people liked him on Y&R, but as Dylan McAvoy he was a very interesting character and so different than Stone Cold. I loved him in that role. Just hearing him have so much more dialogue that was different than Jason Morgan really showed me what a good actor he is. I like him in any role.

Comment

• JNLrafamily
            JNLrafamily commented
            Editing a comment
            I loved Dylan on Y&R...I saw some stone cold features in the character of Dylan but, SB made Dylan a very likable character IMO

• xoregonian
            xoregonian commented
            Editing a comment
            Not to mention that they invented Dylan and made him the son of two legacy characters. They totally need to recast and bring back Dylan in any way, shape and form they can muster.

• Jasamfan
            Jasamfan commented
            Editing a comment
            Dylan's stone cold moments made a lot of sense, because of what he'd been through. He was a compelling character because you saw him go from a damaged soldier with PTSD to a character learning to reintegrate into society and find love and family. I found his story beautiful and was very sad when he left.
        • sasha_96
          Contract Poster
          • Jan 2006

Both Maurice and Steve did a really exceptional job with today’s scenes. Knowing what Mo is experiencing in real life with his own father and what he and Steve mean to each other, added even more to the story.

But I really love that Steve was able to deliver lines about the past that were authentic and that he had been there for as Jason back when we first met Mike, Sonny, and Jason Morgan.

Comment

• Jackaled
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Nov 2007

My Sason....they were both great today.
            This is the bond that Sonny and Jason have.
            and it shows how much Sonny trusts and is
            comfortable with Jason to let his guard down
            in such a way..

Jason is one of those people who never
            TELLS you what to do but give good advice
            is never excitable doing it..lets you talk and
            talk about whatever..

Comment

• december rose
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Feb 2016

That was a really emotional scene between the two characters. It showed the deep friendship between the two. It was also good to have Jason speak about his own memories of Mike and his own experience with DNR and what his choices were, It was delivered as a friend and very touching,

Very well acted by SB nd MB.

Comment

• MrAxe
                Contract Poster
                • Dec 2016

Steve Burton deserves CHANGE when it comes to Jason. And I don't necessarily mean he should revert back to Jason Q. I'm on the fence with this cuz the doctors said it would never happen ... and maybe that should be one thing the experts in PC got entirely correct?

And I'm sorry JaSam or Jarly fans, but I think seeing him within NEW relationships...that test who he is NOW....is really really needed.

Comment

• ann gabriel
                  ann gabriel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I disagree.

Steve as Jason has a certain persona, and it works extremely well, imo.

A crucial part of Jason's character is his deep and abiding love for his soul mate, Sam, and, imo, that should never change.
              • Jackaled
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Nov 2007

Maybe Steve like playing Jason as he is.
                He did come back to this role..

Comment

• JNLrafamily
                  Executive Poster
                  • Feb 2013

Contrary to the "mob boss and hit man" montra, IMHO both are real people, have feelings and have a heart....that was profoundly displayed in this episode. Kudos to MB & SB....

Comment

• ann gabriel
                    Board Regular
                    • Apr 2018

Steve Burton conveys emotion so beautifully and, imo, uniquely, and he very much deserves his nomination for a daytime Emmy, but, I have to say, how neither Maurice Benard nor Max Gale received nominations for their performances in this heartbreaking storyline is beyond me.

Comment

• clamcat
                      clamcat commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It’s my understanding that neither Benard nor Gale submitted scenes for consideration this year. Both won Emmys last year.
                  • Wendall Wilcox
                    Soap Addict
                    • Jul 2018

They cried and made me cry

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X