Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't the Quartermaine's at court supporting Michael

I would think having Michael's other Grandmother supporting him and his son would be better than Carly. Why didn't they come to court to support him and Wiley?

Oh don't be silly. I have been told Carly doesn't belong there. She's only his mother. If Carly doesn't belong in court then surely his grandmother and his cousins don't either. But, the real answer is that these writers are bad, and they don't really have a recent history of having scenes in very large groups either.

Comment

• THB54
      THB54 commented
      Editing a comment
      Carly being in court supporting Michael isn't a problem. Carly running her mouth and threatening the opposing attorney IS a problem. However, IF she can't control herself and her mouth, she DOESN'T belong in the courtroom. That can only hurt Michael's case.

There are so many people that should’ve been there but weren’t. The Quartermaine’s, Bobbie, Joss, and most of all Lucas. All would’ve made great character witnesses, particularly Lucas.

Comment

These are one of the worse group of writers we have had! Such a shame! They have such a wonderful cast with such powerful actors/actress that we never see... 😥😥😥😡😡😡

Comment

• louisesnell96
        louisesnell96 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree and the annoying part is they are to drag this custody hearing and the outcome out longer. I just hope Nina doesn’t see that necklace

• eileenregina
        eileenregina commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah they are pretty bad.

These threads are getting redundant. You have to PAY the actors to be in scenes. If you want the show to remain on air, there will be sacrifices made in order to get it done. As mentioned upthread there are a few ppl who should have been in court and they weren't.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. Well said. I commented in one of the other threads that the writers pretty much forgot about Lucas and I stand by that. But the Quartermaines aren't there for the reason you stated.

• AMHardulak
        AMHardulak commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^I understand completely. Now may I please trade Carly's appearance in court for Lucas'?

• sasha_96
        sasha_96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Laura Wright is on contract. Having her there is covered by her contracted salary. The actor who plays Lucas is not on contract and is instead paid only for when he works. Also, when these scenes were shot, he was unavailable because he was booked for other things.

Because only Carly and Sonny are contracted to be on almost every day. Thats why you don’t see the Quartemaine’s or other characters people are always asking about. Last week somebody was asking why Lucas hasn't been seen in over since Taggart died even though he was A major player in this storyline. Yesterday someone was asking where’s Sam been.It goes by salaries and contracts. It’s Not the writers fault this time.

Comment

• Big Cheddar1
        Big Cheddar1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! Of course it doesn't make sense that none of the Qs are there, I mean, Michael doesn't even live with Carly and Sonny. When have we even seen Carly or Sonny hold Wiley? 🤣🤣🤣 But regardless, writer's have to make due with the budget and characters they have. I can see that they wanted the soapiest, most dramatic dialogue to drive the court scenes, and watching Carly have her history dragged out during a cross examination by Martin was soapy drama.

Originally posted by MorganFamValues View Post
      These threads are getting redundant. You have to PAY the actors to be in scenes. If you want the show to remain on air, there will be sacrifices made in order to get it done. As mentioned upthread there are a few ppl who should have been in court and they weren't.
      I agree these threads are redundant, but not for the reason you state.

The Qs and Lucas aren't there b/c the writers DON'T WANT THEM THERE! It's really that simple. The Qs and Lucas are not important to the story. Their perspectives aren't important. No one cares what they think. And what do they think we don't know already: Michael should get the kid.

Plus, Michael is NOT a Quartermaine. I don't care what anyone says - he is a Corinthos. That is his core family, so that's why you see his mama there! She's important, but what would be the point of Ned or Brook Lynn being there?!

Guza decimated the Qs, and they're never gonna recover from that IMO.

Comment

• THB54
        THB54 commented
        Editing a comment
        Then we need to see some changes in the next set of CONTRACTS! That's why we have the same redundant stories played over and over again with the same few characters. Many of us fans who love other characters besides the mob clan have been shortchanged for years.

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        december rose - I expect to see Wiley w/CarSon way more than Wiley w/Monica. LC barely works on this show, and that's likely b/c she's no longer important to the writers. I'm sorry but Monica's thoughts and opinions just aren't important to the writers. They write in the character they believe are most important. That's why Carly is there. She's the important one, not Monica. Sonny isn't even there. He's doing other things b/c he has other plots. LW doesn't. This Wiley story is practically Carly's! She's more important in that than loser Michael.

Ned is also not important to this lame trial. They included all the key players. Nelle, Carly, Willow, and Michael. That's all they needed and all they care about.

• december rose
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm stating what makes sense from a legal perspective and what a court looks at in a custody case.

Where Michael plans to live with Wyley is relative Just as it is relative where is Nelle planning to live with Wylie? Does she have a home? Are they going to live in the back of Charlies?

I have no interest in what the writers think at this point- since they write nonsense. They don't even try.

Originally posted by lala214 View Post
      Plus, Michael is NOT a Quartermaine. I don't care what anyone says - he is a Corinthos. That is his core family, so that's why you see his mama there! She's important, but what would be the point of Ned or Brook Lynn being there?!
      Pretty sure Michael LIVES, and WORKS with the O's. They ARE his relatives. And if Michael gets sole custody, as he SHOULD, these are the people Wiley would see on a daily basis. His extended family. So yes, they should be in the court room.

Comment

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        My point is this show obviously does not care about the Qs. That's why they are rarely shown. Michael may run ELQ but he is a Corinthos through and through.

That's my opinion. You may disagree.

• dancingqueen12
        dancingqueen12 commented
        Editing a comment
        lala214 - you are right. He may work for the Q’s, live with the Q’s but he is not a Q. He is a Corinthos

• lala214
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        dancingqueen12 - THANK YOU! That's all I'm saying. He was raised as a Corinthos, and that is ALWAYS who he will be. He's only at ELQ b/c he has nowhere else to go, and they took pity on him or something. If Michael had it his way, he'd been knee deep in his dad's business!

I have no idea why he doesn't have his own place, but I guess the writers want to "fake" like the Qs are actually as important as they were in the past when we all know they are not.

They need Brad’s testimony. Nelle is going to lie on the stand that Brad gave her a dead baby while she was unconscious. He can tell she blackmailed him to testify for her in her parole hearing.

Comment

COST: of paying the Q and related actors, the filming staff, lights, camera action costs!!! Yes we all would like these characters there, but in reality they should only include the most impactful and plot centric characters affordably, as needed. If a sensible person, only has $5 they will buy food/essential versus a fancy balloon (non-essential). AE2recalibrate.

Comment

• NOMORENONESENSE
          NOMORENONESENSE commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly. The reason is budget, pure and simple. Today, it's very costly to have scenes featuring multiple actors and its just one of the reasons why we don't get sweep stories anymore like the Hotel fire, Metro Court hostage crisis, Virus outbreaks. With Frank Valentini being especially known for keeping the show under budget this is sadly the new reality.

Also remember that we are coming to the very end of the available pre-shut down material. Chloe (who plays Nell) got COVID-19 early on for the US. It is possible they planned to have the custody trial include additional witnesses, but that had to change because of COVID-19.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X