Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should JFP return to GH as exec producer?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should JFP return to GH as exec producer?

Last night watching the soaps show it had Jill Farren Phelps on talking about soaps. She was exec producer of GH from 2001 to 2012. What do u think of Jill returning as the exec producer of GH? She made GH the mob show and won four emmys for best show under her reign.

Considering that I turned off GH during her tenure, I don't think that it would be a key to success.

Comment

No I tuned out when the mob became the show. No thanks.

Comment

I'm voting "Yes". Although I'd expect her to treat Genie well.. if the old stories were true..

Comment

No, never, not at all.

She decimated the Quartermaines, she sidelined the vets and fired veteran actors (she literally fired 92 year old Anna Lee less than a year before she died, and Stuart Damon was fired during Christmas). She pimped up the mob, stuffed the quad down our throats (you think they're on a lot now? try 200+ eps a year), and had a blatant disregard for history, connection, or anything that looked like a future for these characters. She set up "events", not stories. Events last a week and mean something. All she used them for was to kill off more beloved characters.

Comment

• LovingLiz
            LovingLiz
            Scriptwriter
            LovingLiz commented
            Editing a comment
            Uh have you watched GH in the last 8 years? What is different? They gave Peter to Anna, so ruining old Anna/Robert moments. Jake and the haunted coffee cup of doom. This what 3+ year mind map storyline with 500 players that starts, stops, muddles about, rewrites, muddles about, rewrites, adds 10 more players, delays, comes back, restarts, changes focus, and still not resolved but how many doctors, agencies and patients have been involved now. Look at Shiloh, the guy who came on did his interview, he was never supposed ot be a cult leader and trying to rape Sam, he was supposed to be here for 3 years, started out a nice guy who opened a shelter for homeless at risk youth and got close to Oscar and Joss and Carly was a fan of his, he was a victim of Sam's through his dad, and met and bonded with Kristina...aka he was what Brando is now before they decided his shelter for at risk youth would be a cult house, and he was a drug em up,. tattoo them, and rape them villian. People on this board get mad when I say Brando is Shiloh, but I don't mean the cult leader they turned him into, he is the character who Shiloh seemed ot first come on as with characters having the same reactions to him they had to meeting Shiloh at first too. Except replace Kristina, with Molly.

• ghfan96
            ghfan96
            Executive Poster
            ghfan96 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been watching for over 25 years, so yeah. And I watched a lot of bad stories, which JFP was responsible for a lot of. Just bc you don't like what's on the show now doesn't negate what she did to the show.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!!!!!

She was the absolute WORST.

Comment

Hell no. She and her FoJ can stay gone.

Comment

Originally posted by ghfan96 View Post
              No, never, not at all.

She decimated the Quartermaines, she sidelined the vets and fired veteran actors (she literally fired 92 year old Anna Lee less than a year before she died, and Stuart Damon was fired during Christmas). She pimped up the mob, stuffed the quad down our throats (you think they're on a lot now? try 200+ eps a year), and had a blatant disregard for history, connection, or anything that looked like a future for these characters. She set up "events", not stories. Events last a week and mean something. All she used them for was to kill off more beloved characters.
              Thank you
              ghfan96
              Executive Poster
              ghfan96. I never understood the killing of Alan or Emily and their bodies were there..... Everyone was a mob person.....
              As much as we complain, I think the show has been really good lately with the new writers, etc...

Comment

No thank you. Those were not good GH years

Comment

I think that GH needs a new EP and I think they need to think outside of the box and find someone who isn't just from one of the other three soaps or a soap from yesteryear. JFP, is extremely problematic. There is a reason why Genie wasn't on the show for over a decade almost give or take a few cameos for ratings boosts and why the moment that JFP took over Y&R, Genie was out the door. I have no idea what GF is like behind the scenes but facts are facts Laura along with Monica and Bobbie are legacy characters who never should have been bumped from the show. Something that FV is also guilty of himself as time has gone on.

The issue that soaps are facing is not understanding how to celebrate legacy while also appealing to the masses (new viewers). GH is owned by Disney that now has majority stake at Hulu and Disney+. The future of soaps are online. We need to stop arguing (especially online of all places) that this isn't the reality. Aside from Andy Cohen being allowed to run his mouth for two hours about Reality TV, the other thing that the special chose to highlight is the fact that Soaps were no longer profitable (in the format that they are in).

Comment

The first thing out of my mouth was 'Oh hell no!' After some consideration and thinking about how much I hate FV's GH. My answer is still Hell no. I'll take Guza back but not her. That woman did so much damage wherever she went. Give me Wendy Riche please.

Comment

She is one of the reasons I turned the show off. She catered to the male characters and treated the women like excess garbage. Also she was all about the mob, her and Guza. No thanks.

Comment

I wouldn’t take her on any soap. She helped to ruin YR and killed off great vets from GH which aided its decline.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                          Emerald Greens
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          Emerald Greens commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think it was her that killed off Delia Abbott she should never come back. Almost a bloodthirst . Killing off Alan and Emily. For what?

• Imy&rb&b
                          Imy&rb&b
                          Recurring Poster
                          Imy&rb&b commented
                          Editing a comment
                          3 characters that left gapping holes in core families.
                          Emerald
                          Board Regular
                          Emerald greens
                          Although Delia was a child actress her death was totally plot driven and for nothing. To this day nothing comes from it. It’s only used for excuses to for billy to act up and hate Adam.

Alan should’ve been the patriarch of the Qs after Edwards passed. Alan & Monica should’ve been heading the family. Emily was the sane Quartermaine. The Qs, her bff Liz, & Nik need her. I loved her relationship with her bro Jason as well.

No way! She nearly killed GH. She’s been quoted to say things like “people don’t want to see two old people kissing”. She treated Genie like dirt. Killed as many veteran characters and legacy characters as she could that weren’t directly in the mob. Any veteran characters that did return under her tenor were short stints and written as caricatures of themselves, played off for comedy. Anna the “sexy spy with a midlife crisis who threw knickers on the stage at rockstars” being the most glaring example. I was relieved that she left.

Comment

[QUOTE=envious01;n2979590]No way! She nearly killed GH. She’s been quoted to say things like “people don’t want to see two old people kissing”.[/QUOTE

I think SHE didn’t like seeing two old people kiss!

Anna the “sexy spy with a midlife crisis who threw knickers on the stage at rockstars” being the most glaring example. I was relieved that she left.
                          Yeah that wasn’t funny at all! It was just dumb! She would never do that!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X