Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are they keeping Sam & Jason in limbo?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are they keeping Sam & Jason in limbo?

What are tptb trying to gain from this? It's not compelling writing. There seems to be no point or purpose to it. If you're going to break them up then break them up. They are married but not together. That is limbo. Put em together or break em apart but do something.
    They are also writing Sam as extremely unlikeable.

Im stressing about My couple writers please don't break them up
    I would like to see them but a house before they break up. 😭😭😭😭

Comment

Their married?

Your right, it is not compelling writing for a couple. Jason is attached to the hip of Sonny & Carly like in the past and Sam is in limbo waiting for her probation period to be up in about 1 1/2 year. Jason will never put her first, I don't understand why she wants to wait around for him. Shes appears disgusted; hence short with people. And who wouldn't be.

Comment

• ann gabriel
        ann gabriel
        Board Regular
        ann gabriel commented
        Editing a comment
        McShirls ….. I 100% agree.
        Jason loves Sam deeply and definitely puts her first.
        It's just not in a "needy" way.
        Jason recognizes and respects Sam's strength and independent spirit.
        Sam's strength is what allows Jason to be free to help other people he loves, without worrying about having to answer to a needy, clingy, insecure person, which Sam is not.

I know JaSam are not being written for in a way I believe to be respectful, but I am quite confident that they will survive this obstacle, as they have survived all the others.

I love JaSam, the super couple!

I love how they love each other!

I love how their love is pure, unconditional, confident, and secure.!

For sure, theirs is a forever love, a love that …… just is!

• Eeloie313
        Eeloie313
        Day Player
        Eeloie313 commented
        Editing a comment
        McShirls
        Soap Addict
        McShirls and
        Ann
        Ann gabriel, you are absolutely right!!

• jujubees
        jujubees
        Board Regular
        jujubees commented
        Editing a comment
        No matter what anyone thinks of Jasam, They don't bring in the ratings. They tested it when SB came back, no thrills. Move on.

I don't think this group of writers can write a great couple. More convinced after listening to CVE on the History of Soaps special.

Comment

I feel really bad for their fans...the writing since Jason’s return has been really atrocious.

Jason is a HORRIBLE love interest. He doesn’t place anyone in his love life first — it’ll always be Carson. I thought Kristina was brilliant in how she laid that all out to Sam. ...Because as the current writing has been dictating these past couple of years, it’s true. ...Or really any years where Jason is given a love interest.

His place by Sonny’s side is paramount. ...And unless he miraculously gets a personality transplant or somehow remembers his life as a Quartermaine, it will never change.

Comment

exactly!! sam is on probation and has to stay away from jason because he is an ex con...but nelle also on parole just married julian jerome also an ex con and used to be in the mob./...It is ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by madluv4ya View Post
          What are tptb trying to gain from this? It's not compelling writing. There seems to be no point or purpose to it. If you're going to break them up then break them up. They are married but not together. That is limbo. Put em together or break em apart but do something.
          They aren't married.

Comment

I believe that the Frank V and the writers are keeping JaSam apart simply because Frank doesn't know how to write them, yet doesn't want to completely break them up because they are a Soap supercouple. Frank I notice only knows how to write storylines and couples that he created (Chillow, MiSha, Wiley storyline) etc. When its something that he creates, then he puts more focus on that and doesn't know how to balance displaying his couples and storylines and showing the already established persons.

Comment

• jujubees
              jujubees
              Board Regular
              jujubees commented
              Editing a comment
              Luke and Laura were a bigger super couple than Jasam could ever be, they broke up. Move on writers.

Limbo? Probably because the show is trying to hang on to a couple whose spark died when Sam was pregnant with Danny. They are still considering them a couple while having them social distance from each other.

Comment

• ann gabriel
              ann gabriel
              Board Regular
              ann gabriel commented
              Editing a comment
              Jason and Sam have matured, but their spark is most definitely still there!

They need to be written in a way that showcase their great love.

Originally posted by madluv4ya View Post
            They are not married.

Comment

At this point you almost forget that they are supposed to even be together . They have estranged for so long. When Sam is no longer on probation I feel like they need to start dating all over again. They need to get to know each other and we need to get to know them as a couple because I don't think we do anymore

Comment

• McShirls
                McShirls
                Soap Addict
                McShirls commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry, but I certainly do see them as a couple.

• Jrjames84
                Jrjames84
                Day Player
                Jrjames84 commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't see them as a couple and I never have. Completely incompatible.

• ann gabriel
                ann gabriel
                Board Regular
                ann gabriel commented
                Editing a comment
                They are each other's yin and yang.

They are so perfectly compatible …. no neediness, no demands, etc.

They are a perfect, complete super-couple, imo.

I have a feeling that since production shut down, the writers are going to be shuffling things around when filming starts again. Maybe Sam/Jason will be one of those stories they will either wrap up or find a way to keep them going. I don't care about them one way or another but I know they have a fan base. However, Sam seems to be sniffing around Brando in that way that couples take a dislike to each other at first and then end up in love. We will see what happens when the show comes back.

Comment

Jasam's heyday was under a different set of writers and since SBu return, the writing has been particularly abysmal. I don't know if what has been happening to Jasam is supposed to represent angst, or it's just because they don't know how or what to write for Jasam? Or perhaps they don't want to write for Sam and Jason?

Whatever the reason, I hope for their fans that this hiatus resolves the "whatever" this angst is meant to represent, and Jasam are written true to character. If not, and with all due respect, IMO the couple should end permanently and both characters move forward with other partners.

Comment

• lala214
                  lala214
                  Board Regular
                  lala214 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I gotta agree. JaSam 1.0 was the best version of them. IMO, the couple never really recovered from the SOS. I much preferred LuSam at that point. I never was able to get back on the JaSam train after the SOS.

I did love JaSam 3.0, and that's b/c Billy brought a different flavor/energy to Jason and therefore JaSam. I started liking JaSam again w/Billy in the role. All my interest died when SB returned.

I have always been a JaSam fan, but these two are just flat together lately. It looks like they are going to throw her at Brando now. IDK, maybe the actors don't want to go there anymore?

Comment

• ann gabriel
                  ann gabriel
                  Board Regular
                  ann gabriel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "IIDK, maybe the actors don't want to go there anymore? "

t would be very disappointing to me as a fan if that were the reason.

The writers have no where to take them. The happily ever after route will not work for these 2 unless they leave PC and Sonny and Carly's rule/control. The dysfunction of the Jason and Carly relationship has always been an obstacle to this coupling working. Jason's loyalty to S and C is destructive to any long term relationship with any partner.
                For the longest, I wanted Jason and Liz to marry, but in hindsight I see that would have been just as disappointing and destructive with Jason anchored to the mob.
                Sam was better off with Drew, someone who had his martial priorities straight! But she is an adventure junkie, and with 2 kids that lifestyle is not healthy. AE2recalibrate.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X