Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

The Liz/Franco/Nik story is coming off as very contrived....

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mes349
    Board Regular
    • Oct 2011

The Liz/Franco/Nik story is coming off as very contrived....

Nik and Liz just are not being written of coming off as some unrequited love story. My prediction is that it won't take Liz and Franco very long to figure out what is going on with Nik and his manipulations and call him out on it.

If they wanted to make someone a REAL threat to the Friz marriage they would bring back Lucky. I realize Lucky has his haters but LnL2 is a long storied super couple and love story. Liz never bashes Lucky and when he briefly returned in 2015 to bring Jake home they had plenty of looks of longing, hugs, and "this isn't good bye" to which Liz replied, "I know" sweetly and clutched her chest.

Out of Liz's past loves. Lucky is the threat here. Not Nik. Liz was FORCED to move on from Lucky when he left because their love was too much for him to take a chance on again and he was pained as to what would happen if they failed. He told Ethan and Liz that. They never stopped loving each other.

Nik has always just been brought into Liz's romantic sphere when they needed to cause strife for a couple or mix things up.They have never been a couple and chose not to be when they could have been a couple. As is being done here. It is lacking the depth and soul that something like the LnL2 story would bring to the scenes.

It feels artificial and lacking soapy goodness.
    Last edited by mes349; May 19, 2020, 04:02 PM.
  • LovingLiz
    Scriptwriter
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mes349 View Post
    Nik and Liz just are not being written of coming off as some unrequited love story. My prediction is that it won't take Liz and Franco very long to figure out what is going on with Nik and his manipulations and call him out on it.

If they wanted to make someone a REAL threat to the Friz marriage they would bring back Lucky. I realize Lucky has his haters but LnL2 is a long storied super couple and love story. Liz never bashes Lucky and when he briefly returned in 2015 to bring Jake home they had plenty of looks of longing, hugs, and "this isn't good bye" to which Liz replied, "I know" sweetly and clutched her chest.

Out of Liz's past loves. Lucky is the threat here. Not Nik. Liz was FORCED to move on from Lucky when he left because their love was too much for him to take a chance on again and he was pained as to what would happen if they failed. He told Ethan and Liz that. They never stopped loving each other.

Nik has always just been brought into Liz's romantic sphere when they needed to cause strife for a couple or mix things up.They have never been a couple and chose not to be when they could have been a couple. As is being done here. It is lacking the depth and soul that something like the LnL2 story would bring to the scenes.

I still think they are going back to Liz and Jason. Sorry/Not Sorry.

Comment

• McShirls
      McShirls commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think Franco and Liz will be breaking up, but she certainly won't end up with Jason.

• LovingLiz
      LovingLiz commented
      Editing a comment
      They always go back to Liz and Jason, don't see that changing after 20+ years of them doing this little dance. Except this time, Liz has her walls up with Jason, and she is not letting him in at all. Today's dialog IMO will be interesting to watch with Sonny/Jason.

• lala214
      lala214 commented
      Editing a comment
      McShirls - On this, we agree
  • lala214
    Senior Board Member
    • Apr 2018

Maybe it's just me, OP, but I never saw Nikolas as a threat to Friz. I know a lot of posters here hate Friz and want them over, but if that happens, I don't think it will be b/c Liz decides to cheat on Franco w/Nik. I honestly think the show is going for Nava. Apparently, Maura tested against all the actors auditioning for Nikolas, and that wasn't done for no reason.

So, OP, I think you're right in saying there is no sexual tension btw Nikolas and Liz or unrequited/lost love, and I think that's purposeful. Neither is romantically interested in the other at this point.

Comment

• december rose
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Feb 2016

I don't think Liz and Nik are supposed to be as "some unrequited love story. "
      I think they are long time friends who may have deeper feelings - especially on Nik's part.
      But Franco's insecurity and possessiveness may push Liz away.

Even today, He can't accept Nik as her friend. He had to be snarky about Liz's sister. Yet at the same time he thinks Liz should find nothing wrong with his friendship with Ava.

Comment

• Harleygirl38
        Soap Addict
        • Dec 2007

Scott should have brought up Nik Liz and Lucky.

Comment

• mes349
          mes349 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes!! That would have made this story so much more deep and layered. It would have given context to history.

Niz was deeply destructive and took down one of the soaps last great supercouples in LnL2. That needs explained.
      • Jrjames84
        Day Player
        • Sep 2019

Liz's end game is Jason or JJ's Lucky. Every one else is just a filter. Enough said.

Comment

• mes349
          mes349 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. That is why i’m like ugh. Why are we wasting time with Nik. I guess as others stated maybe because he isn’t the true threat and they aren’t ready to break up Friz yet.
      • DallasGal
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jun 2008

Ava has never done anything to interfere with Franco’s marriage. Ava has stayed in her lane (so far) so there is no reason for Liz to feel threatened.

Franco may have been snarky about Hayden but Nik is far from innocent in terms of her disappearance. And if Franco’s comment was more of a dig at Nik than any concern for Hayden than so be it.

Comment

• DallasGal
          DallasGal commented
          Editing a comment
          @lala214
          Yep- Nik was pushing Franco’s buttons today in the gym.

So what is Nik’s Plan? Does Nik think that if tensions start (F/L marriage) that Franco will turn to Ava?

• december rose
          december rose commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I enjoyed Nik today in the gym. He made Franco think. After Scotty telling Franco how Liz adores him, he needed to be brought back to earth and not take Liz for granted.

• lala214
          lala214 commented
          Editing a comment
          DallasGal - He sure was! LOL! He was putting doubt in Liz's mind too when it comes to Frava.

Yes, I think Nikolas believes Franco will turn to Ava if things go sour w/Liz! He doesn't know Franco very well. Haha!
      • Wendall Wilcox
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2018

I hope Franco and Liz stay together

Comment

• piano0105
          Board Regular
          • Apr 2008

After everything Liz did to bring Franco back I can't imagine her leaving him in such a short space of time. Let them be happy for a while at least.

Comment

• AMHardulak
            AMHardulak commented
            Editing a comment
            I so agree.
            After the incredible, torturous pain they both went through to be together, they should laugh off the blip/white noise going on around them, IMO!
        • EyeWriteSoapz
          Recurring Poster
          • Feb 2013

In all honesty, I feel that if TC was still playin' Nikolas they would couple swap Friz and "NikolAva" (a play on baklava, a GREEK dessert). Even though their relationship wasn't everyone's cup of tea, the actors chemistry really sold it to me and I'm sure they'd more popular than Friz. Right now though, The new Nikolas and Liz only give me that old friend vibe with no romantic chemistry at all so I feel this is just angst and we're going to end up with Friz more in love than ever and Nikolava truly falling for each other.

Comment

• c83gilles
            Senior Board Member
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mes349 View Post

Hello, my fellow LnL2 fan. ?

I know you and I have talked about this before, but it bears being repeated..Niz is such a slap in the face to the history that is Liz and Lucky. I know you aren’t a Friz fan, but while I love them, I am completely happy with Liz and Franco being together until Lucky can come back. In whatever shape or form the writers bring him back as.

I would rather, Liz and Franco stay happy because I love the family unit, and each of them have their own separate drama storylines. I know no couple is without drama but their family is really something different and special.

Nik needs to be a non factor. I love the history with him and Liz as friends but I really do hope this is just to build up whatever Nik and Ava angle the writers are trying to do.

basically- What I’m trying to say- I’m happy with Friz as a placeholder until it’s time for LnL2 to reunite. Cassadine princes need not interfere.

Comment

• c83gilles
              c83gilles commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree with everything you said!! The only payoff I feel LnL2 fans have gotten was Aiden being Lucky’s, but then we didn’t even get Liz and Lucky together to raise him. I will say, I absolutely appreciate the writers at the time having a little bit of a brain and making Lucky be the one to bring Jake back to Liz. But I feel like we’ve still been gypped out of any true payoff.

• mes349
              mes349 commented
              Editing a comment
              c83gilles

Yes, we have been totally screwed. I try to find solace in that most great super couples on GH get screwed over eventually. Is there one that is together? lol. But yeah, Lucky and Liz raising a family and carrying on the Spencer legacy would have been fantastic and and a great continuation of history.

At least we did get Aiden out of it and he brought Jake home... but having him run off and not be a father in his kids lives is just so out of character and weird.. his heart was always Laura..When he was a kid growing up all he wanted was to stay in Port Charles and have a normal life. It was him and Laura against Luke on that front. He liked the occasional adventure but love and family came first. At least Aiden visited him over Christmas...but the whole Cameron thing REALLY bugs me. Lucky being his dad was what we saw consistently on screen for years. Just so odd that they are rewriting such a legacy character in such an out of character way.

I am hopeful it is just the out of sight, out of mind thing and if they recast or if JJ comes back (at some point) they correct a lot of these fallacies in the writing.
              Last edited by mes349; May 22, 2020, 09:31 AM.

• Daytripper2772
              Daytripper2772 commented
              Editing a comment
              I still believe that JJ’s Lucky is Liz’ endgame. I just hope the show has enough notice when the time comes to bring Lucky back in a storyline that makes their reunion make sense.

But if my some miracle JJ came back as Lucky at the end of Quarantine it would be the end for Friz. The last scenes that JJ and Becky shared both when JJ left the show in 2012 and when Lucky left after bringing Jake back showed that the chemistry between the actors is still unparalleled and that there is still much love between the characters. There is still a story to tell for LL2.
          • McShirls
            Soap Addict
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by LovingLiz View Post
            They always go back to Liz and Jason, don't see that changing after 20+ years of them doing this little dance. Except this time, Liz has her walls up with Jason, and she is not letting him in at all. Today's dialog IMO will be interesting to watch with Sonny/Jason.
            In my opinion, Liz doesn't need a wall. Jason's not coming.

Comment

• maggiebh
              Scriptwriter
              • Aug 2015

I don't think Nu-Nik and Liz have any chemistry.

Comment

• taramartin
                Soap Addict
                • Oct 2013

They sure are giving Elizabeth an attitude problem.

Comment

• mes349
                  mes349 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It kind of cracks me up. It reminds me of when she first rolled into PC smoking ciggies and rolling her eyes at Ruby and Gram.
              • franron
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Oct 2005

I forget why Liz is still annoyed with Franco, but not so annoyed that she doesn't ride home from work, with him. I wonder if she's giving him the Silent Treatment, at the house.

Comment

• taramartin
                  taramartin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She is not pleased that he is painting Ava's portrait and that Ava brought his past up again. He also made the mistake of saying Elizabeth isn't a real artist- he regretted how that sounded and tried to back paddle.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X