• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McShirls
    Soap Addict
    • Dec 2017

Franco came off as insecure

when talking to Nikolas. I loved when Franco flinched when Nik tapped him on his arm.
  • Wanda Wolek
    Contract Poster
    • May 2013

What bugs me about today is that Franco had total confidence in Elizabeth and his marriage until his father opened his big mouth. Why, Scott, why?

Oh, and while I'm on Scott. He "let" Laura go work at the disco? How very 1950s of him.
    Last edited by Wanda Wolek; May 19, 2020, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• believeinme246
      believeinme246 commented
      Editing a comment
      As much as I loved early Laura and Scotty, that's exactly why their marriage was falling apart. He tried to act like her father rather than her lover. She spent a lot of money to get him the law books he dreamed about and he chastised her for spending money they couldn't afford. He did believe that he was 'letting her' get a job at the disco or work an extra shift. What started as a sweet romance became a bit of a controlling husband.

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn't watching then and I believe what you wrote. But Scott has had 40 years to mature from that paternalistic attitude. My comment is that he hasn't.
  • Wendall Wilcox
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

He kind of does very often. An I’m a big fan of it lol

Comment

• lukeslove
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Dec 2008

Well, Franco simply finds it hard that someone as good as Liz could love him. He reformed and tried to be a better man because of her. Afterall, Nik is a Prince, it's hard to compete with that plus Fanco knows that Liz and Nik have a huge history together. He doesn't know just how much they cared for one another at one time but of course he feels a little threatened and rightly so with a character like Nik. I think the writers are going to put a lot of doubt in the Friz relationship. It makes for good soapiness.

Comment

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        Well your first line nails the major issue with Friz and Franco wanting to use his past to make money. Their entire relationship is built on him trying to separate himself from the acts he did with the brain tumor. Showing remorse and trying to be a new, better person. Liz married that person, the person removed from his past and remorseful. Now he wants to drag the dirt back up, revel in the reliving of those acts and invite people to not only talk about them again, inviting people to come into his home, their home, to discuss and do an entire documentary on the motivations and memories of those acts. He is basically going back on the entire premise of their relationship for profit.
    • franron
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Oct 2005

It seems to me that, the supposed/presumed Mr Sincere, Prince of Goodliness, Nik, is working both Franco and Liz, toward his own desired outcome.

Comment

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, quite definitely. I don't know how much he was playing Liz, but he was definitely playing Franco. He probably thinks Franco will run right into Ava's arms if he suspects Liz has feelings for Nik. And then Nik gets his divorce without losing 90% of the Cassadine fortune.

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        The big issue with all that is Hayden... Nik's wife.
    • McShirls
      Soap Addict
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by LovingLiz View Post
      The big issue with all that is Hayden... Nik's wife.
      If nik actually has this iron clad get out of jail card, a wife, why hasn't he used it? This would all be over, Ava would be gone and he'd have his entire estate and Spencer. WHY hasn't he used it?

Comment

• RumbaPassion
        RumbaPassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Please remind me, why did Nikolas agree to marry Ava?

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        My question exactly but there is no "actually" about it, he clearly needed Hayden out of the way for this plan. But we KNOW he is married to Hayden without a doubt, why? They never noted he got a divorce but at least a half dozen times reminded the audience Hayden/Nic are still legally married and Hayden's reason at least was it was impossible to find a divorce lawyer to divorce her from a dead man, and why she kept Nic being alive the entire time a secret was because she thinks SHE will profit from the estate because she is his wife!
    • McShirls
      Soap Addict
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by RumbaPassion View Post
      Please remind me, why did Nikolas agree to marry Ava?
      She had the codicil that she found in the Helena's portrait that she set on fire. It was proof that nik should inherit then cassadine fortune. Her condition was that they get married.

Comment

• RumbaPassion
        RumbaPassion commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha! Thanks! How did I forget that!?!

Codicil, codicil, codicil, I was so tired of hearing that word, I must have blocked it from my mind LOL

Which means Ava doesn't have anything on Nikolas to keep him married to her, except the financial consequences of the post-nuptial agreement.

So you're right about that if Nikolas was stil married to Hayden, making his marriage to Ava invalid, he would have pulled that card already.

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think Nic has even seen the Codicil yet either, AVA still has it doesn't she? And I don't know why he hasn't pulled the married to Hayden card, but he clearly plans on using it eventually and why he ran Hayden out of town, so she doesn't ruin the trump card he has up his sleeve IMO.
    • Soaper15
      Senior Board Member
      • Aug 2010

Wait, Franco is insecure??? Get outta here! (that was sarcasm)

Comment

• BellesRose
        Contract Poster
        • Dec 2006

Franco is an insecure man-child. It's not new to see him jealous of men that Elizabeth speaks to. I keep hoping that at some point, she will get tired of constantly having to build up his confidence and being his mother figure, and move on.

Comment

• Jackaled
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Nov 2007

I cringe whenever Scotty talks about Laura
          back in the day. I am so over the decades Scotty/Laura/Luke triangle..she chose someone else over you scotty get over it move on.
          I just would rather he not mention her..

But yes he was putting ideas in Franco head
          but Franco is insecure so it is not hard to do that.

But will say the same of Liz has always been
          very defensive of her relationship with Franco
          like she knows in the back of her mind that is is wrong..but she runs away quickly jumping to his defense anytime anyone mentions his past..she
          expects them to get over it..Franco past is his past it is indeed common knowledge and easily
          discover in the cyber world..

Tumor or not he did indeed do all those things.

Comment

• sonyab1974
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2007

Liz and Franco are both insecure!!!!

Comment

• McShirls
              Soap Addict
              • Dec 2017

I don't think Nic has even seen the Codicil yet either, AVA still has it doesn't she? And I don't know why he hasn't pulled the married to Hayden card, but he clearly plans on using it eventually and why he ran Hayden out of town, so she doesn't ruin the trump card he has up his sleeve IMO.
              He ran her out of town because she was about to work with valentin for money. Why hasn't he used this amazing get out of jail card if he has it? Val isn't contesting the codicil, so it doesn`t matter if he has the official copy or not.

Comment

• LovingLiz
                Scriptwriter
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by McShirls View Post

He ran her out of town because she was about to work with valentin for money. Why hasn't he used this amazing get out of jail card if he has it? Val isn't contesting the codicil, so it doesn`t matter if he has the official copy or not.
                He hasn't it no doubt go watch "General Hospital clip: What's in it for me?" On the tube and you will a GH promoted clip where she calls Nik "Dear Husband" Nik confirms to Jax he and Hayden were still married when he "died" and another flashback to Jax asking them if they figured out the whole divorce stuff and nik saying they will deal with it when the time comes. In one clip at least 3 different acknowledgements to them still being legally married.
                So who knows what he I say waiting for he clearly has a plan that involves Hayden when throwing timings is right.

Comment

• McShirls
                  McShirls commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe the time came and it wasn't on camera. Why wouldn't he use his out if he has one? If Spencer wants to come home once Ava is gone, what is he waiting for?

• LovingLiz
                  LovingLiz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nope still married when convinces Hayden to leave town to protect her from Val supposedly. But his whole plan after returning involves humiliating Ava and taking down Valentine. So my guess is he is still clearly putting his revenge plan above all else like a true Cassidine. So he knows he has nothing to lose with this bet with Ava and if he loses he will just bring Hayden back. (He also claims to not know where she is but he arranged to scrub her history and set up her new ID and arranged the details for her. So he Ian lying about that also.)
              • LovingLiz
                Scriptwriter
                • Sep 2014

He hasn't it no doubt go watch "General Hospital clip: What's in it for me?" On the tube and you will a GH promoted clip where she calls Nik "Dear Husband" Nik confirms to Jax he and Hayden were still married when he "died" and another flashback to Jax asking them if they figured out the whole divorce stuff and nik saying they will deal with it when the time comes. In one clip at least 3 different acknowledgements to them still being legally married.
                So who knows what he I say waiting for he clearly has a plan that involves Hayden when throwing timings is right.
                Oh and the Codicile matters because until we see it it could name anyone the heir including Alexis if they want.

Comment

• McShirls
                  McShirls commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They've already seen a copy, sent to Val's lawyer, which is why he is no longer contesting the will. Ava has the original, but since nik signed the post nup, she has no reason to hide it anymore.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X