Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fear we are not only saying goodbye to Mike, we are saying goodbye to GH

Having lost a half dozen soaps in my life, GH’s last episode tomorrow will hurt the most. The writers never had a chance to give us viewers any closure.

”For as long as they live, the Dark Shadows of Port Charles we’re but a memory of their distant past....”

Last episode is Thursday. But even I have my doubts GH will be back.

Comment

• Pamcho
      Pamcho
      Contract Poster
      Pamcho commented
      Editing a comment
      Why would they have made that "Soaps" show if they were going to cancel their only remaining soap?

GH will be back. Based on what I've read, they go back to work in August unless something changes. So we'll have new episodes sometime in September or October.

Comment

It seems like we are going to unintentionally end on a few cliffhangers. Actually, they probably filmed a few more scenes (not knowing that it would be the last day of filming) that are being saved in order to have it end on a cliffhanger.

Comment

GH would do well to use this time to do some major resets and the show can return with all new couples, and stories. Even characters can be tweeked in their characterizations based on what they say happened during this whole Cyrus stuff. Of course they should return, post mob war with Cyrus. Then can use voice over TV updates of some sort to tell how characters got to where they are. For instance Liz can come down stairs yell something upstairs to someone. Turn on the TV and hear "Last we saw our characters.... as Liz goes into the kitchen to get wine and snack.... she comes back and its a continuation of her story we missed being told and she is acting shocked/surprised etc at the turn of events, then she is joined down stairs by another character whether that is Cam, or Franco or another man all together, and they pick up telling about that character where they are now, and then goes to the person they were connected to and shows them somewhere watching the same show somewhere and who they are with or connected to now for some reason, then to that character then cuts to who they were/are connected to...they could do a month of shows shot with flashbacks used to tell where they left off, and manage to shoot a lot of scenes with little time and little editing needed, minimal cameras to start with and limited crew. The characters if at home can call be in PJ's and hair make up not done, this would get new shows on the air faster and while we are seeing those shooting scenes with more minimal characters in scenes as they continue to discuss and explain how/where everyone is and how they got there. Until they start to integrate more and more cast together and get back toward more normal taping schedules.

Comment

I'm kind of hoping for that in a way, because their won't be a show focused solely on Sonny and Carly anymore.

Comment

That is a big fear of mine. GH seemed to be digging their own grave in sloppy story telling, and is the only soap that has avoided showing actual classic episodes during this time as well. It’s almost as if they want to stop people from watching. Hardly anyone is gonna tune into re-runs from the last 2-6 years. It seems like the perfect time to show why GH became a house hold name. They should be showing the stories that put GH on the map. Luke and Laura reruns, any story that involved elaborate location shoots, the emotional stories of the 90’s like BJ’s heart, Robin and Stone’s HIV Story, the origin stories of the long term characters whether that means Anna and Robert, or Sonny and Jason. Instead we get Nurses Ball re-runs, and only the ones from the last few years.

Comment

• chebbo
              chebbo
              Senior Board Member
              chebbo commented
              Editing a comment
              I read that the reason they are not showing the older shows is because they would all have to be redone into digital form and that costs too much money and also the royalties would cost too much. I will just watch the reruns and wait till it comes back on.

• Shellyinphx
              Shellyinphx
              Look! Up in the sky! It's a Super Moderator!
              Shellyinphx commented
              Editing a comment
              I've heard it's because of the music being so expensive

• Soaper15
              Soaper15
              Senior Board Member
              Soaper15 commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard Days tapes six or seven months in advance so there wouldn't be a need to air old episodes because they are not out of new ones yet. I sort of wish GH did that.

I hate that Mike reached out his hand for Sonny just as Sonny left his room. Why can't the writers let them connect one last time, so Mike can let Sonny know he's ready to go. I hope that happens...

Comment

• heddalee
              heddalee
              Senior Board Member
              heddalee commented
              Editing a comment
              Sonny hasn't wanted to hear the truth about Mike's condition along the way. Rewarding us with emotional closure disregards Sonny's truth in this.

I think it will be back. It's not like the actors can just go down the street and get new jobs now that they aren't in GH. Nobody's filming, businesses are closed or not hiring, I would imagine most of them, unless they decide to retire, will be happy to go back to work in August or whenever it's possible.

Comment

I'm not sure why ppl are so worried GH won't be back. I think it will be. It's not like ABC has time to create another show to insert in the time slot.

Comment

• bopeonarope
                bopeonarope
                Board Regular
                bopeonarope commented
                Editing a comment
                Right...when TV production in general resumes, something has to be on the air...and GH is still under contract to be broadcast.

• heddalee
                heddalee
                Senior Board Member
                heddalee commented
                Editing a comment
                ABC owns GH, so being 'under contract' isn't exactly a thing (ABC is the contractor and the contractee). That said, I'm certain it will be back.

Originally posted by Salter View Post
              ”For as long as they live, the Dark Shadows of Port Charles we’re but a memory of their distant past....”
              Thanks for that flashback (sort of) to 1971.

I don’t think we have seen the end of GH. I don’t presume to be a writer, so whatever we see when it comes back will be fine with me.

Comment

• divamagenta
                divamagenta
                Board Regular
                divamagenta commented
                Editing a comment
                I remember that day as a child - so devastating to see dear friends like Barnabas and this show I loved so much being no more. Still a huge fan after all these years!

Originally posted by envious01 View Post
              That is a big fear of mine. GH seemed to be digging their own grave in sloppy story telling, and is the only soap that has avoided showing actual classic episodes during this time as well. It’s almost as if they want to stop people from watching. Hardly anyone is gonna tune into re-runs from the last 2-6 years. It seems like the perfect time to show why GH became a house hold name. They should be showing the stories that put GH on the map. Luke and Laura reruns, any story that involved elaborate location shoots, the emotional stories of the 90’s like BJ’s heart, Robin and Stone’s HIV Story, the origin stories of the long term characters whether that means Anna and Robert, or Sonny and Jason. Instead we get Nurses Ball re-runs, and only the ones from the last few years.
              The 90s are great, but the 80s technically put GH on the map. That's when GH was THE soap. It was all the rage.

Comment

(I haven't watched today's episode yet.)

Re the hiatus ….. I hope there is no cliffhanger with Nelle. I just want her to get run over by an 18 wheeler and be confirmed dead before the break.

And I hope we get some scenes with Sam and Jason, because this current storyline with Sam and Brando at each other is an epic fail.

Honestly, given the continuing insulting writing for JaSam, I'm not at all sure I will actually miss GH.

Comment

• xoregonian
                  xoregonian
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  xoregonian commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Even Jason and Liz had some important contact today. That was some very substantial dialogue they had about Mike, which allowed Jason to let Sonny know what's up with his father.

• ann gabriel
                  ann gabriel
                  Board Regular
                  ann gabriel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's good that the writers have Liz no longer obsessing about Jason, and, instead, deeply in love with Franco.

She is now tolerable for me.

I do find it odd that they haven;t announced
                what they are doing past these next couple
                weeks of Nurse Ball reruns.. They have known
                for a while they would be out so why not announce what they are doing.

Have they not figured it out, do they have no plans?

Comment

I hope it returns better than ever 👌

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X