X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This show & Marriages Of Convenience

There are 3 right now. Nik/Ava & Michael/Willow & Julian/Nelle

Why so much

Because TIIC don't have one ORIGINAL thought left in their heads?????

Comment

Also Nelle and Shiloh.

Comment

The show often comes up with a single thought then use it on multiple characgers. One year most of the women giving birth had an issue with their plecenta.

Comment

It is a soap staple. It has been going on forever. There use to be a saying about how few stories there really were in the world It is how they are carried out..
          We had Carly and Sonny start out this way as did Robert and Holly
          Having three at a time is a lot .

Comment

We had Nik and Hayden too before they replaced with Nik and Ava. It gets old.

It is a soap staple, but usually there is just one and they do it to protect the one they love because they think they're no good for each other. On DOOL there was Eve and Nick, April and Mike, and April and Nick got married because he recognized that as a pimp, he was no good for Eve who was so in love with him. I don't remember why she was running from Mike. She loved him.

What I like less about GH's forced couples is the I'm gonna kill you, I'm gonna get you angle. It's sick and twisted. I want love in the afternoon, not darkness and hate.

Comment

Soap staple or not, to have three going on at the same time is ridiculous.

Comment

Being a soap staple isn't an excuse for using it as a crutch. There's a ton of stories that were and are soap staples and yet, better writers in the past didn't use them in the frequency and manner in which GH's writers do. Its mind boggling and insane

Comment

wash rinse repeat on steroids

Comment

Funny, it hadn't clicked that there were 3 till I saw this thread. The Michael/Willow, Nelle/Julian ones are related so I can give the writers a break on those.

Comment

• OLTL'69
                      OLTL'69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah that is what I thought. As Stupid as the nelle wedding is It makes m laugh because it points out how absurbd this "GET MARRIED FOR WILY" story is So it is like AHA TWO (or four) can play at that game

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
                    Because TIIC don't have one ORIGINAL thought left in their heads?????
                    Have they ever had an original thought in their heads?

Comment

Back to the Future! Contemporary marriages have a greater than 50% rate of divorce. Generally because people go into it with the wrong foundation, lacking common values and interests, and have an "I can get out" mentality. "Well based" marriages of convenience (return to pre-1900s) might be part of the solution to lower divorce rates. A marriage of convenience does not mean a marriage without sexual relations, it just means it's not the center of your relationship. Marriages based on sex alone dissolve quickly. Molly and TJ's partnership plan is a plan for destruction. No real commitment and the quickest way to end a relationship.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X