• Wendall Wilcox
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2018

Julian: How is this my life ? ?

Classic line of the week

• Sam_Philly_Girl
    Board Regular
    • May 2018

He's one person who has repented his past since serving time in prison AND tried to make an honest living.

He's accepted his pariah status without complaint.

His life has been a sort of Soap Opera Greek Tragedy since he bought Charlie's.

From Mike having Sonny's first murder buried in Charlie's basement, to Brad manipulating and then blackmailing him over the baby swap, to a recent parade of young female blackmailers,
    the hole he's gotten himself dug into just seems to get deeper.

He needs to testify that Nelle blackmailed him based on the lies she overheard from fellow blackmailer Brooklyn, and admit Brad told him he swapped dead Wiley with a homeless woman's baby.

Comment

• Manninglover87
      Manninglover87 commented
      Editing a comment
      He hasn't really changed that much. He tried to murder Brad not too long ago. Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for him to succeed at the time, but he's hardly innocent. I have very little sympathy for Julian. He made his own bed. All he had to do was tell Michael the truth the moment he found out Wiley was his. If he had done that, he could've avoided all of this. There would be nothing for anyone to blackmail him with.

• Sam_Philly_Girl
      Sam_Philly_Girl commented
      Editing a comment
      Who said he's innocent? I've re-read my post three times and I think I was pretty clear that Julian accepts the way he's treated for his past crimes.

And it was stupid of him to cut the brakes, but when Julian found out and told Brad he'd tell Michael, Brad said he'd tell Sonny that Julian knew the baby was Michael's from the beginning and ensure that if Sonny killed Brad, Julian would go down with him.

As far as I'm concerned, Nelle and Brad are the villains in this S/L. Britt is right behind them.

Julian and Dr O were both blackmailed into their parts in this story.
  • J_Sam
    Senior Board Member
    • Nov 2015

Poor Julian... he needs to end this marriage as quick as possible...

Comment

• taramartin
      Soap Addict
      • Oct 2013

Poor Julian recently tried to kill Brad and nearly killed Lucas. His actions have consequences.

Comment

• PCHARLES
        PCHARLES commented
        Editing a comment
        I guess he's the only one.
    • ghfan2001
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Jun 2013

Yeah, I don’t follow the with the poor poor Julian mantra. He very recently tried to murder his own son’s husband and nearly killed Lucas himself in order to cover his own rear. There is nothing redeemed and better about any of that.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
        Emerald Greens commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. Boo hoo for Julian . Maybe that’s his punishment marriage to Nelle.
    • SAMLEXIS FAN
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2008

This is Julian's life because he made some bad decisions....choosing to keep silent when Brad told him who Wiley's parents really are. And tampering with the brakes on the car that led to Lucas almost losing his life. I don't feel bad Nelle is blackmailing him.

Comment

• Sam_Philly_Girl
        Sam_Philly_Girl commented
        Editing a comment
        Brad blackmailed Julian into silence. Brad knew Sonny would kill him if Julian told Michael, so he threatened to tell Sonny that Julian was in on the baby swap from the beginning to ensure Sonny would kill him, too. Julian was stupid to cut the brakes. He should've just broken Brad's neck, and then told Michael.
    • ScrubsFan#1
      Scriptwriter
      • Sep 2012

I really hate what TIIC have done to Julian the past two years. He is the ONLY one on GH that has had the CLOSEST to a TRUE redemption. Buying Charlies, staying out of the mob, starting his relationship with Kim, quietly staying out of trouble.

TIIC blew that all out of the water - and undid ALL of his progress when they got him involved with this baby switch mess. And NOW he's stuck MARRIED to the psychopath???

Seriously - WTF?????

Comment

• NoTrueCassadine
        NoTrueCassadine commented
        Editing a comment
        YES. All of this. If they were going to ruin his redemption, the least they could have done was let him kill Nelle, not make him MARRY her. OMGWTFYUCK.

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        Completely agree with this. I hated that the writers regressed Julian. I hated they involved in this stupid baby switch story in the first place. He really did try to change his life for the better, but Brad sucked him into the baby switch and then kept threatening Julian with "I'll tell Sonny." I felt sorry for Brad up until that point. I will always feel sorry for Julian, because, just like A.J., he is the writers' whipping boy.

• OLTLBoomer
        OLTLBoomer commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree ScrubsFan#1. The character has been redeemed; yes, he is flawed (aren't we all?).
        I do not get the marriage because 1) there is no proof of BrookLynn's accusations regarding the wreck, Brad's story is a he said/ he said. BrookLynn would not hesitate to lie under oath if it meant that Michael would win custody, and 2) Is this the way Julian is going to set up Nelle to lose by testifying to her blackmail. it makes no sense. to involve Julian.
    • cadreamin'
      Executive Poster
      • Nov 2010

And now he has Sonny telling him to do what needs to be done. He married Nelle to avoid the threat of Sonny and now he has Sonny threatening him because he married Nelle. Talk about a Greek Tragedy LOL !!! And he has yet to face the wrath of Alexis. Can Julian just find a corner to stand in for a while ???

Comment

• CincyLady
        CincyLady commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the smile at 6:30 in the morning! Stand in the corner .... good one.
    • jodyb22
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
      I really hate what TIIC have done to Julian the past two years. He is the ONLY one on GH that has had the CLOSEST to a TRUE redemption. Buying Charlies, staying out of the mob, starting his relationship with Kim, quietly staying out of trouble.

TIIC blew that all out of the water - and undid ALL of his progress when they got him involved with this baby switch mess. And NOW he's stuck MARRIED to the psychopath???

Seriously - WTF?????
      Exactly!!! When Julian looked up at the heavens and said How is This My Life, I said the same thing on my couch....How is This Julian's Life? His character had so much potential. He was a semi reformed bad boy who actually took responsibility and atoned for his actions. He and Alexis had found a way to make peace and co-exist. He owns a popular establishment. He has forged a very positive and kind of fun boss/employee relationship with Kristina. He truly honored Lucas' requests of him and had begun to earn Lucas' trust back. He suffered through a completely boring, back burnered and utterly chemistry free relationship with Dr. Nero. Even Sonny's disdain for him seemed to more of a mutual annoyance than a full fledged hatred. He had been reformed as much as a soap bad guy can and should be and then ALL THIS! Ugh....if this show comes back, my first request is PLEASE fix Julian's life and get it back on track to where it was Pre-Brad dumping his drama on Julian's lap. (followed immediately by fixing CHILLOW)

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Mar 2010

"Born Under a Bad Sign........if it wasn't for Bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all..........."

Comment

• Soapaholic26
          Senior Board Member
          • Jan 2017

I like the line:

(when Nelle reminded him that he agreed to be her loving husband)

Julian: I'm starting to realize there are fates worse than death.

Comment

• stopthefall
            Soap Addict
            • Jan 2008

I actually found this episode today hysterical because of Julian’s reactions poor guy.

I always hated that they brought him into this custody story. That was bad enough but then they just had to have Brad tell him that it was Michael’s kid because he didn’t know that for months and months. Then I knew they were determined to AJ him.

And they keep piling on. He tries to kill Brad & almost kills his own son. I just think it’s gonna continue to get worse,nobody’s gonna let him tell the whole story you just know it. It’s going to be he was the mastermind of the whole thing. ?

Comment

• victorialord
              Executive Poster
              • Jan 2013

It was a great line.

Also, Carly saying with a straight face that Julian has mob ties - was pretty good, too.

Comment

• taylors2cats
                Executive Poster
                • Aug 2015

Perhaps Julian will end up a widower...

Julian has a mob past and has done really crappy things. I cannot buy that he is any worse than Sonny. Really a big groan and head shake to watch Sonny run around as the moral police and to hear other characters go on about what a great this or that he is. Well, to market Sonny as a hero, the writers need someone to throw under the bus and be run over again and again.

Comment

• victorialord
                  victorialord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Totally agree. Hearing people in town look up to Sonny, Michael say he's the best dad in unbearable. Meanwhile Julian & Ava can never be forgiven not for a second.....
                  Do you like how Sonny treats Ava because Cyrus might buy her condo, but Sonny just met for " a deal" with Cyrus and that's all fine?
              • littleliz
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Nov 2016

He can tell Sonny the truth or bump off Nelle. Julian made his own bed and now he has to lie in it. Him
                havng mob ties won't get him to be Wiley's step dad. Nelle isn't too bright.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X