Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Necklace: What does SHE think it represents?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Necklace: What does SHE think it represents?

We know what the necklace means to Nina. We now see Nelle clutching it in court. What we don't know is what does the necklace mean to Nelle. As a child we saw her wear it. So does Nelle think her father Frank gave it to her? Doesn't seem like she'd want a reminder of him in her hands during court. Did Frank tell her it was from her mother that she thinks died?

Does she know it's from her real grandmother as a symbol of her missing mother? If so, then why has she never looked for her missing mother instead of only harboring anger at Carly for not being a psuedo mother?

Seems strange that she'd want anything from Frank and keep it all these years and hold onto it in times of stress.

When she saw it in Nina's office she didn't acknowledge it at all.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      OLTLBoomer commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not think Nelle saw it on Nina's desk - she was looking for certain papers.

Originally posted by 1catlover3 View Post
    When she saw it in Nina's office she didn't acknowledge it at all.
    She did not "see it" in Nina's office. She moved the box it was in and never looked at it.

Comment

Seeing Nelle playing with the half heart pendant during the court appearance was a WTF moment for me.
      Wonder if she'll use it in she sob story when she hits the stand and Carly will see it and know she is Nina's daughter. lmao
      rosamaira
      Contract Poster
      Last edited by rosamaira; May 18, 2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I can't believe that nosy Nelle has worked for Nina twice now and never heard about this or saw it. I said "nosy" because usually she seems to know all the secrets

Comment

Maybe it is as simple as it being something she's always had and it is a kind of comforting object to her, a token of luck. People have such things.

Comment

• jodyb22
            jodyb22
            Scriptwriter
            jodyb22 commented
            Editing a comment
            token of luck?? Nothing from Nelle's past suggests she has had any luck in the past. She grew up dirt poor with a father that didn't seem to really care about her. That same man had her cut up and sold for parts for a quick payday, Michael dumped her after somehow forgiving her, he tricked her with a fake marriage her to get her to confess, she went to jail for murder. Obviously her token of luck didn't work in the past, I doubt she'd whip it out now for luck. Just saying...

I would love for Nelle to be wearing that half heart necklace & Nina sees it. But they're just teasing us right now...the mother/daughter reveal is going to drag out.

Comment

Well, she didn't have the silver baby rattle of Carly's with her, so they're moving the story of the mother/ daughter heart pendants along, finally.

Comment

• LittlePea
              LittlePea
              Board Regular
              LittlePea commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just thinking, if the necklace had any meaning to her, we would have seen it in her “treasure” box with the rattle. I really don’t want Nell to be Nina’s long lost daughter, even though it would make sense.

• MalteseBaby
              MalteseBaby
              Scriptwriter
              MalteseBaby commented
              Editing a comment
              The half heart necklace has been seen on Nelle as a child in flashbacks, and also she was shown looking in her box of mementos, and the necklace was there in the bottom. No one has said " This is the necklace your mother, Nina, has" but they look the same. I guess we'll find out after the filming break.

She was touching it while Martin was lying about babyswitch. Maybe she touches it to get her thru her schemes. Closest thing to a conscience

Comment

• AngelOfSoap
              AngelOfSoap
              Senior Board Member
              AngelOfSoap commented
              Editing a comment
              Does Martin think Nelle is lying? She told him her version and that is what he is basing his arguments for custody from. I'm sure he suspects Nelle isn't being completely honest but he's doing his job based on the information he was given. If Martin doesn't know Nelle is lying, I don't consider what Martin is saying as lying.

• jodyb22
              jodyb22
              Scriptwriter
              jodyb22 commented
              Editing a comment
              To answer
              AngelOfSoap
              Senior Board Member
              AngelOfSoap, when she met Martin at the floating rib one day last week, he called her his little psycho or something like that. He definitiely treated her with disdain and that he knows she is nuts and lying through her teeth. Although it was never said implicity, it was said by Diane that Martin is very smart and very good at his job. Most high priced lawyers know that they are representing clients who are guilty as sin and lying through their teeth. It's a part of their job and they do it for the power and the money and the fame that comes with high profile clients. Look at Diane. She knows all of Sonny's crimes and dirty dealings and when she doesn't want details, she tells him to hold back on the details. She knows without needing to know details. Martin is the same way.

Three more episodes left, I will be shocked if we finally put an end to the necklace that I am so sick of. If not now we will have to wait until who knows when.

Comment

• Harleygirl38
              Harleygirl38
              Soap Addict
              Harleygirl38 commented
              Editing a comment
              100& won't show this story or any other. They will all be cliffhangers.

• Wild Horses
              Wild Horses
              Contract Poster
              Wild Horses commented
              Editing a comment
              I love a good cliffhanger but not ones (more than one) that I have already been waiting to end forever.

I think Nelle thinks it is a link to someone she believes once (now) loves her, despite her actual character and behavior. When Willow saw Nina clutching the necklace she had a jarring reflex, but did not verbally express it, and continued on with her original purpose in visiting Nina. Either Nelle and Willow are sisters (not identical twins) or 1 is Nina's daughter. I still hold to a poster's theory that Frank possibly stole or purchased (from a pawn shop) the necklace and gave it to Nelle as a gift, wrapped up in a big fat lie.

Also why does Nelle never talk about her mother; all her energy is so focused on Carly (who she believes is her sister)? She has major Rejection and Abandonment issues along with being a sociopath/narcissist/pathological liar/whatever? Still seeing Cyrus somehow involved with this, just not sure how yet. AE2recalibrate.

Comment

Dang I haven't even seen the show yet because of a preemption, but this is juicy! From what we know of Nelle's character, I cannot imagine her being sentimental about anything. Everything she does is for a calculated reason. But giving her the benefit of a doubt, it is possible that the heart does mean something to her. Maybe she sees it as simply a good luck charm. Or maybe she has grown up with the idea that the necklace is from her mother. Maybe she never looked for her mother because she was told that her mother died. We will just have to wait a really long time to find out. What are the odds that they stopped taping right at a major cliff hanger?

Comment

Originally posted by BettieCat View Post
            Maybe it is as simple as it being something she's always had and it is a kind of comforting object to her, a token of luck. People have such things.
            Right?!?

As the old saying goes: sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. She was just holding it b/c it means something to her. She wasn't doing it for some deeper purpose.

Comment

Maybe she sees it as good luck or a comfort to her from her childhood.

Comment

• MeTyme
                MeTyme
                Board Regular
                MeTyme commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with this

• jodyb22
                jodyb22
                Scriptwriter
                jodyb22 commented
                Editing a comment
                She has said many times that her childhood was awful. She certainly had no good luck in the past so that seems unlikely to me but who knows what these writers will have her say.

I don’t think the reveal will happen just yet as GH 3 episodes left they will drag out longer and I’m thinking that Nina agrees testify for Nelle then pulls a fast one by testifying for Michael instead that what I hope. Maybe Nelle sees the necklace as a token of luck
              louisesnell96
              Board Regular
              Last edited by louisesnell96; May 18, 2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• OLTL'69
                OLTL'69
                Aspiring soap scribe
                OLTL'69 commented
                Editing a comment
                To get Nina to "testify" for MIchael, Dainne just has to ask her the right questions. The judge is really not that interested in anyone just chirping that "I think ____ will make a wonderful parent" Nina can say Nelle came to work and did a good job. She doesn' have much to say about Nelle as a parent

• louisesnell96
                louisesnell96
                Board Regular
                louisesnell96 commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly Nina can’t really say much about Nelle as a parent

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X