Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Michael, always have but I am starting to resent him concerning Willow

This may be unpopular but I'm looking at Michael sideways now. He is showing that he didn't really love Sasha and has actual feelings for Willow. He has pressured her in the past to continue to see Wiley even when she tried to step away. He has brought up the prospect of marrying him even before she broke up with Chase. And as soon as Chase is out of the picture he asks her again. All the while, constantly bringing up her love for Wiley. Dangling the child in front of her like a prize. It's not that long ago since she found out her baby died and Wiley was not hers. then the devastating breakup with the man she loves and who she believes betrayed her. I think Michael is being incredibly selfish at this time.

Originally posted by Bkes Mom View Post
    He is showing that he didn't really love Sasha and has actual feelings for Willow.
    I believe that much is true. I hope he doesn’t tell her that part or she will look at home sideways also. 😂

Comment

This may be unpopular but I'm looking at Michael sideways now. He is showing that he didn't really love Sasha and has actual feelings for Willow. He has pressured her in the past to continue to see Wiley even when she tried to step away. He has brought up the prospect of marrying him even before she broke up with Chase. And as soon as Chase is out of the picture he asks her again. All the while, constantly bringing up her love for Wiley. Dangling the child in front of her like a prize. It's not that long ago since she found out her baby died and Wiley was not hers. then the devastating breakup with the man she loves and who she believes betrayed her. I think Michael is being incredibly selfish at this time.
      With all due respect are you really surprised?

Michael is a corinthos. He will do and say anything to get his way.

They are all selfish and self centered people and this also extends to everyone in their circle.

I hate the Corinthos.

Comment

• GM Incognito
        GM Incognito
        Recurring Poster
        GM Incognito commented
        Editing a comment
        I tend to forget he is a Corinthos. But you are right. They are all selfish so of course, Michael is because that's how he grew up.

• Carerra
        Carerra
        Board Regular
        Carerra commented
        Editing a comment
        True words. He is Carly and Sonny 's son . I I hate this story and FF through anything Michael an Willow. I hate it 😠

• Batgary
        Batgary
        Recurring Poster
        Batgary commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember this is the man who wanted to put hits out on people as kid which Sonny, Carly, and Jason thought was so cute.

It's true that we haven't seen Michael showing a lot of regret over losing Sasha. Most of his reaction has been anger at the hurt Sasha and Chase caused Willow, not on his own behalf. So maybe he didn't love Sasha as much as he claimed he did.

On the other hand, as far as Michael knows, Sasha is the one who cheated on him. He isn't the one who caused the hurt -- she did. So why should he spend a lot of time mooning over her?

Also, Michael has a lot on his plate right now. He believes that his son -- who was just restored to him and has a serious medical condition that will require a second surgery -- is in danger from a mentally deranged woman. A woman who actually tried to kill Michael and whom he believes considers Wiley only as a meal ticket and a means to get revenge on Michael and his family. (Nelle fans can argue that she's really a good mother etc., but this is what Michael believes and he has reason to believe it.)

Wiley is literally the only thing Michael can think about right now. And really, his child should be his priority, not his now-ex-girlfriend.

But Michael did give us a hint of his feelings in his talk with Sonny. He said romance hasn't worked out for him and maybe he would be better off with a partnership. So it's possible he has chosen to shut down part of his feelings to protect himself.

As for Willow, yes, she was under a lot of pressure from the Wiley situation. But Michael isn't the one who engineered the phony affair and breakup, and it's not like he said, "Marry me or you can never see Wiley again." The people who manipulated Willow were Chase and Sasha, even if they did it for noble motives.

Willow made a conscious choice to marry Michael. And so far, she doesn't seem to regret it.

Comment

• lala214
        lala214
        Board Regular
        lala214 commented
        Editing a comment
        Because it would show he had some kind of feeling toward her! Right now, it doesn't appear that he liked her, let alone loved her. Willow believes Chase cheated on her, but she's still upset. The fact that Michael has shown no reaction to the end of his relationship w/Sasha speaks volumes. He was using her. He never cared about her. I hate that she cared more bout him than he ever did about her, and I'm not even a huge Sasha fan.

Plus,
        LuvIsLife
        Soap Addict
        LuvIsLife is absolutely correct! Michael never has a strong reaction to the end of any of his relationships. It's weird.

• plmokn
        plmokn
        Day Player
        plmokn commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you. I think Michael seem like the kind of character who once he has been betrayed by someone decides to write that person off and not think about them again. I also thinks it is easier for him to feel upset on Willow's behalf then deal with his own feelings. It does not mean he never loved her, it is just how he deals with his hurt. I also think he currently is focused solely on his son to the exclusion of every other part of his life including his romantic life as well as his business. He cannot deal with all the feeling about Sasha when he has to deal with this current crisis.

• CarnyQueen
        CarnyQueen
        Scriptwriter
        CarnyQueen commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually, I think Michael has shown that he at least liked Sasha. He didn't have to take her to the hospital after BLQ bopped her on the nose, but he did. He did show emotion when Abby was killed. When he dumped Kiki, he cut her off completely (for a long time) because he felt she had betrayed him by keeping quiet about AJ's murder. He didn't say "You're dead to me!" or throw barware, but he cut her out of his life and that was certainly a reaction. When he dumped Nelle, he wasn't moping about the breakup -- he just wanted to get away from her. He didn't spend a lot of time grieving for Sabrina, but he did care for her son and was planning on raising the child until Teddy's uncle came forward. So I wouldn't say Michael showed no reaction to past breakups.

Michael show no regret or sorrow over Sasha. He did get to yell at her as is the usual Corrinthos way. But he never looked back and or was show to be sad at all. He has, however, looked as if he is in awe of Willow since the day they met.

Comment

Willow doesn't look like the blushing bride to me. She agreed to marry Michael, but she looked uncomfortable getting railroaded into a wedding ceremony, complete with dress,flowers, and, vows.

It's also seems that she is uncomfortable with, but accepting of, all the gushing over the wedding/marriage she never dreamed of, for her future.

She plasters on a sad smile and almost eye-roll when others talk to her like she's a heroine, but she's really only a wife as a means to an end.

Comment

Bkes Mom
          Soap Addict
          Bkes Mom Spot on post!!!

I think on some level, Michael has always had feelings for Willow. Early on, it seemed like Michael was going to ask her out or something but Chase beat him to the punch. I use to get the impression that Michael settled for Sasha. That doesn't mean he didn't grow to love her though.

I will say this: I believe Michael will probably be the one to figure out what Chase and Sasha did but by that point, he's not going to say anything to Willow because by then, he'll be madly in love with her and not want to lose her.

Comment

I agree Michael was a bit selfish to ask Willow to marry him days after what happened with Chase and Sasha, but he needs to be right now. As harsh as it sounds, Willow can’t be his main priority right now. That’s Wiley. It is Michael’s job to do everything that is necessary to protect his child, even if it’s at the expense of someone else or his own happiness and Willow seems to agree. While I do think Michael has some feelings for Willow, I don’t think that’s what’s driving h. He wouldn’t have considered marriage right now in any other circumstances. He did It because of his son.

Comment

• plmokn
              plmokn
              Day Player
              plmokn commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, he is doing his job and protecting his son above all else. He is listening to his lawyer who was practically daily telling him to marry Willow.

• LuvIsLife
              LuvIsLife
              Soap Addict
              LuvIsLife commented
              Editing a comment
              Manninglover87
              Soap Addict
              Manninglover87 @plmokn

Michael should use his brain if he's so interested in getting custody of Wiley. He got custody of Avery without having to involve himself in all this foolishness. So for me it's just a poor reflection on him that he's suddenly now powerless against Nelle.

• Manninglover87
              Manninglover87
              Soap Addict
              Manninglover87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anyone would say that it would be stupid to ignore the advice of counsel, especially someone with the reputation Diane has. Following the advice of his lawyer is using his brain. He is not a lawyer. Diane is, and it was her legal advice to do this. She, as a lawyer, should know better than him. As for Avery, he won then because the judge was involved with Monica. It seems very likely that he doesn't have that option this time.

Michael's reaction to his breakup with Sasha is pretty much the same reaction he's had every single time his relationships have come to an end. He'll say "I love you" to the flavor of the month then something will happen to end the relationship (including DEATH!) and then an episode later or so you'd never know he was supposedly so madly in love. His relationships have no substance.

Can you imagine Robin or Patrick acting like this if Scrubs ended? Look at Sam going through it right now due to JaSam having their issues. What about comparing how Nik behaved when Emily died and the aftermath compared to how Michael behaved after Sabrina died? He cared for about a day. Compare pretty much any breakup/makeup/get together with any couple of note and you'll see Michael is terrible. He's like a soulless pawn moved around on a chessboard from failed relationship to failed relationship. It'll be no different with Willow.

On top of him not caring for Sasha, in my book he doesn't care much for Willow either. Otherwise he would have allowed her to properly grieve the child she lost instead of enlisting her to help him raise the child she thought was hers. In reality she suffered two losses, yet he callously has called on her to fight his battle for him. Like he doesn't have tons of money to ensure Wiley get the best care. Ridiculous.

Comment

• lala214
              lala214
              Board Regular
              lala214 commented
              Editing a comment
              LuvIsLife
              Soap Addict
              LuvIsLife - you are so right!! Michael is ho hum about all his relationships, and none of them are ever passionate or really interesting. I liked him w/Starr and Kiki, but they were just cute. That's it. I remember no significant moments btw them. Michael is just a drag and a complete bore.

believeinme246
              Aspiring soap scribe
              believeinme246 - I also agree that Michael is not written like a leading character or like a grown man. His mother is way too involved in his storylines. When you compare him to Nikolas Newman on Y&R . . . . it's sad how pathetic they write Michael! IMO, this custody story isn't even about him. It's about Nelle, Willow, and Carly! You'd think Carly impregnated Nelle w/how involved she is w/this. I guess her disabled infant doesn't need her b/c her 35-year old son does!
              lala214
              Board Regular
              Last edited by lala214; May 15, 2020, 06:45 PM.

• Manninglover87
              Manninglover87
              Soap Addict
              Manninglover87 commented
              Editing a comment
              Let's be fair. Michael and Sasha is hardly the same as relationships like Patrick and Robin or Jason and Sam. Those couples were together for years. They were married with kids and went through a lot together. I don't even think Michael and Sasha were together a year. It's hardly comparable. Also, I disagree that Michael hasn't shown emotion with previous relationships that he's lost. The most notable was when his first girlfriend, Abby died. He was broken up about that badly for a while. It wasn't quite as bad with Sabrina, but he grieved her too. The fact is, many times when someone loses someone to death, they are shown to get over it pretty quickly.

As for Willow, as I've said in a previous post, his priority can't be her right now. His priority has to be his son, and when Willow seems to have the same priority, I can't see any reason why he wouldn't take the plunge. Money doesn't necessarily get you custody of your kid. Plus, Nell isn't exactly broke anymore.

• LuvIsLife
              LuvIsLife
              Soap Addict
              LuvIsLife commented
              Editing a comment
              Manninglover87
              Soap Addict
              Manninglover87 sure those couples were together for way longer but Scrubs for example was magic DAY 1 and they couldn't shake each other. Michael has been with his array of girlfriends for various lengths of time and they never have a lasting impact. Are we forgetting he was supposedly soooo in love with Kiki he stabbed his own brother in the back? What about how he looooved Sabrina so much that he was gonna marry her before she was violently killed to which he was sad about for like 2 days. There's literally been no reaction or long term impact with any of his pairings. Joss' pain for Oscar's death had more of an impact on Joss than anything Michael has ever shown.

My thing is regardless of priorities Michael has shown time and time again to be robotic when it comes to romance and all his pairing lack chemistry and substance. So what happened with Sasha for me is par for the course for Michael. It'll probably be the same thing with Willow eventually.

Originally posted by ForeverPluto View Post

I will say this: I believe Michael will probably be the one to figure out what Chase and Sasha did but by that point, he's not going to say anything to Willow because by then, he'll be madly in love with her and not want to lose her.
            Have you seen Michaels face ?

I think he is madly in love already lmao

Comment

Originally posted by 1sbkmcfan View Post
              Michael show no regret or sorrow over Sasha. He did get to yell at her as is the usual Corrinthos way. But he never looked back and or was show to be sad at all. He has, however, looked as if he is in awe of Willow since the day they met.
              If I hear Michael tell Willow one more time how incredible she is, I'm going to throw up.

Comment

I see what you are saying Bkes Mom and here is Sasha so brokenhearted over what she has done that she is turning to crack or whatever it is in that vile.
                Seems to be so much easier for Michael to walk away and deep down I have always felt somewhere along the line that he was going to end up with Willow.
                Especially since Sasha was not into the kid scene which she kind of said or didn't expect it so soon.
                Willow just looks and acts like the perfect mother, Michael wants that for Wiley.

ETA: I like Michael also.

Comment

Regret over losing Sasha? I still can't believe that he tooks Willow's word IMMEDIATELY that Sasha was having an affair.....with his best friend?!
                Never said " oh Willow, you must be mistaken.. I don't believe it. Sasha & I love each other so much. We talked of marriage some day...." NONE of that.
                Just believed it like Willow said she got a parking ticket.....

Comment

• lala214
                  lala214
                  Board Regular
                  lala214 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right?!?!? He didn't even question Sasha?!?! He just let her run off and yelled at Chase for hurting poor, wittle Willow! Ugh!

Manninglover87
                  Soap Addict
                  Manninglover87 - You wouldn't confront your partner? You wouldn't ask them if it was true? Or why they did this to you? You'd just believe the other person and never say anything to your partner/significant other? I really doubt it. Even if Michael believed Willow, the fact that he didn't even ask Sasha any questions shows he cared nothing about her in the first place.
                  lala214
                  Board Regular
                  Last edited by lala214; May 15, 2020, 06:50 PM.

• victorialord
                  victorialord
                  Contract Poster
                  victorialord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lala214
                  Board Regular
                  lala214 I couldn't agree more. You are correct. It was written weirdly...

• Manninglover87
                  Manninglover87
                  Soap Addict
                  Manninglover87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would definitely confront them, but I think I'd still believe the trusted friend who told me what they saw if they had no reason to lie. I do agree that Michaels feelings for Sasha are not that strong. I think he cares for her a lot, but I don't think it was what either of them made it out to be. I never really bought them being in love in the first place. She never seemed right for Michael. I also think he has real feelings for Willow, but I don't think he realizes either of those things yet.

This isn't an unpopular opinion with me, OP. I came to the same conclusion about Michael yesterday when I watched Sasha falling apart while Michael is beaming at Willow like he won the biggest prize at the carnival. Michael has not given one thought to Sasha, while Willow, who actually witnessed the "betrayal" cared enough about Chase to tell him personally that she married Michael the previous night.

Yes, Michael has a lot on his mind with the custody hearing, but I don't believe his heart was broken by Sasha at all. Maybe his pride, but not his heart. I would love for the writers to explore Michael's apparent, habitual mistaking like for love, and walking away from lost love so easily, but I suspect that isn't even factored into the writing. It would be great a character-driven story, but I suspect Michael dropping Sasha like a hot potato is just plot-driven dreck to get him married to Willow. But I would love to see his concept of love explored, especially in light of how many times his mom has married and divorced the "love of her life". Did that skew his idea of what love is, that you walk away without looking back until one day you change your mind?

Right now, what I want is for Michael to get custody of Wiley, Nelle to disappear into a grave or prison, and Willow to demand a divorce, pronto. I really wouldn't mind seeing Michael's heart stomped on. Maybe that would wake him up to the fact that his concept of love is a mess.

Comment

• victorialord
                  victorialord
                  Contract Poster
                  victorialord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Really great points. He was very unaffected hearing that his first live-in GF & his best friend were cheating on him. Plus, don't his girlfriends usually die?

• LuvIsLife
                  LuvIsLife
                  Soap Addict
                  LuvIsLife commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My thing is he's a creep because even if someone's pride was merely wounded at least they would have SOME emotion about it. He's pretty much like that with all his girlfriends though. Even the one he stabbed his own brother in the back to get. And Sabrina who died...and I didn't even like Sabrina!

I think this "marriage" is not going to heal Willow, only compound what she is feeling, grief.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X