Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do U Hope TPTB at GH Are Learning from GH Viewers ...since March 2020?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do U Hope TPTB at GH Are Learning from GH Viewers ...since March 2020?

Let's assume for a hot minute that TPTB at GH are currently spending extra time REALLY and truly investigating GH viewer opinions. In order to better sell GH in the future. And on that note, what do YOU hope they are discovering?

In a nutshell, what changes would you like to see TPTB implement.... in regards to storytelling ONLY.....once the filming of GH can resume? Because hey, they've never had downtime like this before. Perhaps some GH soul searching has been done????

PS Do u fear soaps will be worse for wear...due to losing too much revenue? Need to stick even more to economical basics?

MrAxe
    Senior Board Member
    Last edited by MrAxe; May 12, 2020, 05:34 PM.

Too much of the daily hour with the CarSon and Jason show is killing ratings! GH needs to permanently break up boring couples like Carly and Sonny, Jason and Sam, Anna and Finn,Curtis and Jordan, and Kevin and Laura. I only mention Kaura because they are seldom seen as a couple on our screen. They need to reunite Anna and Robert! GH nees to kill off both Nelle and Peter. Both characters have out run their time on the show. GH needs to reveal that Peter is son of Faison and Alex. GH needs to rid themselves of mob stories and go back to writing stories around the hospital. GH needs to reveal that Julian is involved in the Whiley Jonah cover up and his attempt to murder both brad and Lucas, and murder of Kendra. GH meds to cut half of its cast and write stories around remaining cast.

Comment

• MeTyme
      MeTyme
      Board Regular
      MeTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree! Way too much Carson and stop acting like Sonny is some Superhero. It’s not realistic and too predictable. Who would want to watch the same old story that Sonny wins all the time. Not me!!!

• Jrjames84
      Jrjames84
      Day Player
      Jrjames84 commented
      Editing a comment
      Co-sign word for word

Save money cut the cast. Don’t let Carson win. Jason needs a new direction.

Comment

What do I HOPE they are learning? Everything.

What do I THINK they are learning? Absolutely nothing.

I think GH needs a makeover. Keep the sets as they are, but I'd like to get rid of this multi-cam set-up they do. Make it look a bit higher quality simply by doing that, making it look a bit more like somewhere between a telenovela and a primetime drama. Lighting needs to be revamped too. It looks like they brought in the lighting techs from OLTL when FV took over, it looks so similar and not how GH used to look.

As for storytelling... Wow, I can write a book about this. But they need to get back to basics. I know the budget is tight and the schedule is speedy, but make the characters drive the stories again, not the opposite. NLG even said it in her interview with TG. The stories should be character-based, and their actions progress the story. Respect the history of the characters. They should not change just to serve the story. No more weddings for like five years, they've completely overshot their quota just in the last few years alone. No more pregnancies. No more baby-switching. BRING BACK LOVE, not just sex and talking. BRING BACK ADVENTURE, not just action and talking. BRING BACK LOGIC AND REASON, not just talking for the sake of talking. It's like the characters have grown so stupid over the last eight years, it's part of why I took a 5-year break from the show. The writers need to stop spoon-feeding us exposition. The editors need to knock it off with the flashbacks. RC Cates needs to come back and do the music. New theme/opening - use the "Night Shift" opening credits as a good template/foundation. Ugh, so much more I can say here but I'll hold off.

Oh, and stories need to have a beginning, middle, and end. Every one of them. Many of the regimes for the last 20 years have had a huge problem executing the END part... as in the stories seemingly never end. Nelle, Peter, Jason/Sam drama, mob stuff, it just keeps going and going and going like an Energizer battery.
      TheBlackRose
      Scriptwriter
      Last edited by TheBlackRose; May 12, 2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

It is 2020. stop the hideous sham marriages.
        Give the women back their brains, and common sense.
        Give us real Diane back!!
        Learn how to write actual love stories, and how to write for established couples
        End the ridiculous Jasam avoidance nonsense. Time for them to end.
        Nelle and Peter need to go.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAxe View Post
          Let's assume for a hot minute that TPTB at GH are currently spending extra time REALLY and truly investigating GH viewer opinions. In order to better sell GH in the future. And on that note, what do YOU hope they are discovering?

In a nutshell, what changes would you like to see TPTB implement.... in regards to storytelling ONLY.....once the filming of GH can resume? Because hey, they've never had downtime like this before. Perhaps some GH soul searching has been done????

PS Do u fear soaps will be worse for wear...due to losing too much revenue? Need to stick even more to economical basics?

I don't think that they are learning anything, butIt would be wonderful if they studied the history of these characters that many have watched for years.,and keep them true to form. They should also learn to end storylines that viewers find distasteful, and they should remember that viewers are intelligent. They don't want predictability in any story. same old makes viewers look for something else.

Comment

I hope they are listening. I like the young characters but this story is out of whack

Comment

Im a fan of Jasam and I would like see Jason and Sam back together, if they weren't planning on a reunion they should have left well enough alone, many fans tuned back in to see a couple they have always liked then for 2 yrs we see nothing.. then another year goes by and still nothing nothing but angst for fans... no Jason and Sam...all the time Road Blocks

also I think they need to get rid of Anna, Peter,Nelle,Nick,Diane, Because Diane has lost her pizzazz as a bad ass attorney, get rid of Kristina and Molly..Brooklyn Trina Dev, Josslyn... they are not needed...they are just kids. Im not into watching teenagers make out.. or fall in love..

They need to look at the rating back about 12- 15 yrs ago when the Show was good.. these longed dragged out stories many viewers get sick of waiting for the end like Nelle story 2 yrs, Micheal and Wiley, Shiloh and Kristina crap, Oscar and Drew crap... this kinda of stuff make viewers stop watching or stop tuning in..because it is the same old song dance...Im sick of it.

Comment

Sam needs here own story line separate from Jason, or sacrifice her to the green moss in Sonny's kitchen
                Alexis and Neil need to finish researching her history and complete that story
                Nelle needs her comeuppance and so does Peter...hmmm
                Michael needs custody of his son and to get back to running ELQ
                Ava needs a visit from Cyrus at her gallery where she falls in love with his money and he appreciates her mob background. they could cause some trouble so Nickolas can move on
                Holly is not dead, they need to spin this to bring back characters, Robert, Anna (who is really Alex) and Laura go the funeral and end up on one of those adventures that takes them back to that hospital where Jason was held as Patient 6 when they find Holly, Drew, Anna, and Hayden. Just as they are about to free everyone, they get caught by the new doctor running the place, David Hayward. When he sees Anna he tries to help, but gets caught himself, just as Luke, Lucky, and Ethan rescue them. They are able to prove Peter's involvement and free Obrecht!
                Mae778
                Newcomer
                Last edited by Mae778; May 12, 2020, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I hope they are taking this time to read the full bios detailing the history of their characters so they earn their personalities, they way they think and the way they react so they can write character driven stories and not plot, plot, plot.
                  I hope they decide to give their female characters back their brains and their dignity.
                  I hope they are realizing that the mob is not now and never will be the heroes and the good guys. Either write the mob as scumbags that they are or get them out of the mob. Let law enforcement have the wins.
                  I hope they are realizing that they don't have to hire every out of work actor they know. They need to cut the characters that aren't resonating with the audience *ahem Peter I'm looking at you.
                  I hope they realize that viewers want romance and we want the pairings that have charisma and major chemistry and I pray they realize that it is possible to write for couples and not simply write couples with the intent to just break them up. Couples can overcome obstacles, they can go on adventures and they can be fun and watching them is FUN for the audience!!!

Comment

• december rose
                    december rose
                    Soap Addict
                    december rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I especially agree with these two:

I hope they are taking this time to read the full bios detailing the history of their characters so they earn their personalities, they way they think and the way they react so they can write character driven stories and not plot, plot, plot.

hope they are realizing that they don't have to hire every out of work actor they know. They need to cut the characters that aren't resonating with the audience *ahem Peter I'm looking at you.

stories that make SENSE..2 examples charlotte comes to town griffin or nathan could be her dad from an exent that happened 10 years prior, but charlotte was only 6 when she came to town.

example 2 nelle comes to town thinking that carly bought her kidney from her (nelles) dad...but nelle found about this whole thing because carly had the magazine do an article saying they were trying to find out who joshs donor was.....if carly knew they would not be running the article trying to find out who the donor was....never occured to nelle and Carly never pointed this out to her..

and I am throwing this out though it is not on this subject...Brooklyn is getting on my last nerve.....so so annoying.......Helena is gone... we need a good villian who can pop up now and then to wrek havock!

Comment

I don't think TPTB listen that much to the viewers. Many don't like Friz and yet years later they're still together. Imo GH should be a hybrid soap with a high amount of action and less talking.

Comment

• MrAxe
                      MrAxe
                      Senior Board Member
                      MrAxe commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry but I truly believe that the majority of GH viewers do like Friz. As a Friz fan, and as someone who works in publishing, I have found numerous websites, magazines, threads etc., where GH viewers LOVE them. They do well in positive polls ... and they trend quite often. Plus they are one of the longest couples to ever stay together for many consecutive years without ever intentionally splitting up (even for a few weeks). TPTB wouldn't do that if they felt they were not a lucrative item.

• MeTyme
                      MeTyme
                      Board Regular
                      MeTyme commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I like Friz. They are a happy couple snd good for each other.

My list:
                    1) *****end the long-running story arcs now! the baby custody being Numero Uno, Peter going dark is second.
                    2) do something with JaSam - Krissy was right - they are hot apart and dull together. Either marry them or break them up. Return Sam to her former personality.
                    3) CarSon centric is tiring - Carly and Sonny cannot be in every story arc. It is not real.
                    4) *****go back to doing character driven stories - NLG' s podcast with AG was spot on. GH has characters doing things out of character that they would never do, and this leads to dropped viewers and complaints.
                    5) *****keep the stories real: the marriage of convenience in the 21st Century? c'mon. Peter-gate/ C'mon. TJ goes missing for days and work does not report him missing? c'mon.

I am concerned for soaps - all soaps. The COVID-19 shutdown will have affect on the three big networks. Ratings plummeting will cause them to replace repeats with -gasp- another new show, as they did with Strahan et al. So please fellow poster - turn your sets on to GH re-runs at the designated time in your area. Be it ambient back ground noise, your set is watching. Hopefully we will have new eppys late August and Life may return to somewhat normal.

Comment

Too may viewers are not accepting Nelle and Peter as the new Faison and Helena.

Viewers are not accepting the tearing down of likable characters (Trina and Molly are the latest examples) while propping up the unlikable ones (Peter and Nelle).

Comment

That we are not dummies and highly dislike storylines that treat us as such like the Michael/Willow SL. They portray them as clueless fools yet we are to believe Michael is capable of being a CEO. How foolish. And we don't like to see certain character dominating all the time. Id like Sonny and Carly better if they weren't constantly on. They need to move over and let other characters be shown more. Im sick of them and Michael always center stage.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X