This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA shutdown, speculation going forward[merged]

GH will be on a long hiatus as it was just announced that LA County will remain on lockdown thru July.

They are going to have to find a lot more content to show or get creative.

Oh shoot! Well, I saved today's episode on my DVR so I can play that on a loop when I'm really missing the show.

Comment

Wow! Our state only commits to a month at a time. Perhaps things will improve and they will lift the restrictions early.

Comment

• soapgirl9
        soapgirl9
        Executive Poster
        soapgirl9 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree NYC won't be fully reopened before the end of the summer. I heard parts of NYC will start reopening in June. However, places like movie theaters and museums are expected to be in the last phase of reopenings. I wouldn't be surprised if California has a similar plan of different phases and what would open when. I do have a cousin in Los Angeles, she is currently not working. She has been an extra in a few TV shows and worked various film festivals. There is no way to tell when filming would resume for TV/movies. My brother's best friend lives in San Francisco and his company ordered him to work from home starting the first week or so of March. I think NYC may take a page out of the LA book and see how things progress there and when everything would fully be able to reopen in NYC. Broadway is going to take a huge hit, since a large majority of people who attend shows are tourists.
        soapgirl9
        Executive Poster
        Last edited by soapgirl9; May 13, 2020, 12:44 AM.

• OLTL'69
        OLTL'69
        Aspiring soap scribe
        OLTL'69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just heard Broadway is closed until September 6 (and of course that means at the earliest) There are a lot of out of work actors and likely they can't find jobs waiting tables and the like either

• Wanda Wolek
        Wanda Wolek
        Senior Board Member
        Wanda Wolek commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in Washington state and we are just now re-opening, slowly. There are phases. We are in Phase 1. If all goes well, Phase 2 will be implemented. Then Phase 3, etc. We probably won't be completely open until late July.

Originally posted by Soapaholic26 View Post
      Wow! Our state only commits to a month at a time. Perhaps things will improve and they will lift the restrictions early.
      I agree it seems strange they would already say everything will stay shut down for another 2 months...so don't know where it was reported...but it seems doubtful that any State or City is making a prediction that far in advance

Comment

• MorganFamValues
        MorganFamValues
        Board Regular
        MorganFamValues commented
        Editing a comment
        PinkDiamond
        Aspiring soap scribe
        PinkDiamond Google is your friend. I heard it from the LA Director of Public Health. You cant just reopen all at once given the circumstances.

• PinkDiamond
        PinkDiamond
        Aspiring soap scribe
        PinkDiamond commented
        Editing a comment
        MorganFamValues
        Board Regular
        MorganFamValues I'm not saying what you stated is wrong...or not the truth...I just meant that it seems premature to announce that things will be shut down that far in advance when most States are taking it more or less 1 month at a time...maybe it will get better or maybe it won't so I'm just confused that until we know for sure...what is going to end up happening...why they are extending anything that far ahead?

• december rose
        december rose
        Soap Addict
        december rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Everything is not remaining closed. Some things have opened in California. Just like in NY and as someone said above in Washington - and other states.

Stores and restaurants that open in many places can only be 25 % full

The State Universities in California announced that all classes for the fall semester are going to be virtual

There are many industries and business to consider Soap operas may just not be at the top of the list.

The film industry is a big part of the California economy. There are more people to consider besides just the actors.

I'm sure it is being looked into.

I just looked up articles and now they're claiming the shutdown will almost 100% be extended until August.. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...hs/ar-BB13Zxhv

Comment

We may not get new episodes of GH until September or longer

Comment

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9
          Executive Poster
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm curious what will happen with primetime TV shows. I think midseason shows are safe, since they were able to have all the episodes filmed before filming was halted. However, some shows film on location during the summer. The Resident, for example, usually films in Georgia starting in July. That may no longer be possible for the near future. I can see networks scrambling for content to put on their stations when a lot of the midseason shows end by the end of June.

• december rose
          december rose
          Soap Addict
          december rose commented
          Editing a comment
          Georgia has basically reopened so they may be able to go there. The question is whether the actors and crew are willing to go.

How can they say things are or aren’t shut down that far in advance when they don’t know what is going to happen each day, or each week? The media is A bunch of nonsense.

Comment

• MorganFamValues
          MorganFamValues
          Board Regular
          MorganFamValues commented
          Editing a comment
          What are you talking about? This came from LA's Public Health Director.

• soapgirl9
          soapgirl9
          Executive Poster
          soapgirl9 commented
          Editing a comment
          They're probably looking at predictions of the spread of the virus and making appropriate changes based off that.

• heddalee
          heddalee
          Senior Board Member
          heddalee commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think you understand what "the media" is, or public health, or governments. But you do you.

That sucks. I'm a patient person so I can wait a few months for new episodes to air.

Comment

Well if they are listening to scientists and public health experts then it makes sense that they would be able to make decisions that extend things out that far. Although I will miss these shows, I can also be patient. The safety of the cast and crew are more important.

Comment

• kristendny
            kristendny
            Executive Poster
            kristendny commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you
            mslove83
            Board Regular
            mslove83. I don't want more people dying just so I can see my soap. Healthcare workers and children are dying too, not that any life is unimportant. I am in NYC and have spoken to my doctor and nurses, and they can't believe people still think it's a hoax. It's mind-boggling to them..

• soapgirl9
            soapgirl9
            Executive Poster
            soapgirl9 commented
            Editing a comment
            You're both correct. People are seriously trying to say on the Y&R board that actors and actresses need to get back to work now for their (actor/actress) sake. Like what? Do we really want to promote the virus spreading faster than it already is?? There have already been two Y&R cast members who had the virus.

Having lived there for over 30 years, I am sure they will open safely in stages until back to full capacity. At least I hope so for everyone in the industry.

Comment

• cadreamin'
            cadreamin'
            Executive Poster
            cadreamin' commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems those cities that are heavily populated are staying in lock down longer while less populated cities, states are reopening now and not slowly at all but with restrictions. Our state has opened the beaches for vacationeers and I don’t think that’s smart at all.

• xoregonian
            xoregonian
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            xoregonian commented
            Editing a comment
            There's just SO many people down there. I got out in the nick of time. Of course in Northern Cal and my state of Oregon there are WAY less populated areas. Many of our counties are slowly reopening, but they don't want people coming down to my coast yet (but I see them every day).

Safety first! Let the numbers speak for the safety of reopening vs. staying closed.

I hope the cast and crew will stay strong and believe that we are rooting for them to be safe and also to return when their area of CA is safe.

We will soon be missing them so much.

Comment

Thanks for the info. It's very important for them to be safe.

Comment

chloe who plays nelle on GH also had the virus

Comment

Maybe GH can do animated episodes with the actors providing voice over for their character. I just saw a hybrid episode of the Blacklist last night. It was very unique and resourceful.

Comment

• ghfan55
                  ghfan55
                  Recurring Poster
                  ghfan55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I saw that too. It would be kind of cool actually.

• cadreamin'
                  cadreamin'
                  Executive Poster
                  cadreamin' commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes the way they filled in the missing scenes that had not been filmed yet was intriguing. Wierd when watching how they film scenes out of order. The animation was cool. I’m loving the creative ways shows are staying on the air. The live shows like Idol and The Voice have been most innovative as well.

How far ahead do they film GH? Even when they start filming again it will be sometime before we get to see new episodes.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X