• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GymTim
    Day Player
    • Feb 2012

Does Anyone Know the Exact Lag Time Between Filming and Airing

No speculation please...does someone actually know.

I've been watching since the mid 90's, and think I heard/confirmed once that it is 3 months. But I'd love to know for sure.

Then, if anyone knows what the plan is to get the show going real (story) time again, considering this would amount to something like a six month lag time if they have to catch up...meaning if they have to get back to a 3 month lag time.
  • OLTLBoomer
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Mar 2010

There was a tweet posted by William Lipton (Cam) that filming is to resume August 1st. This has been posted previously on the board.

Comment

• GymTim
      Day Player
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by OLTLBoomer View Post
      There was a tweet posted by William Lipton (Cam) that filming is to resume August 1st. This has been posted previously on the board.
      I haven't been here for months, thanks.

Comment

• militarymom
        Contract Poster
        • Nov 2019

During Nancy Lee Grahn's birthday party, she said as of the day before (April 27) Frank had no back to work date.

Once they shoot an episode, how long does it take to get to air? And will they build up a couple of weeks worth of shows before they start airing them?

Comment

• ghfan96
          ghfan96 commented
          Editing a comment
          There is usually about a 3 week period between filming and airing. The reason we're getting so many flashbacks lately was to pad out the number of original episodes, which is also why they are only currently airing four days a week.

The original episodes will run out on Thursday May 21st, that's been reported. After that, who knows until the production team is allowed to go back to work. I can't imagine the writers aren't building up scripts so that when production resumes, they can film a lot at once.
      • GymTim
        Day Player
        • Feb 2012

Originally posted by militarymom View Post
        During Nancy Lee Grahn's birthday party, she said as of the day before (April 27) Frank had no back to work date.

Once they shoot an episode, how long does it take to get to air? And will they build up a couple of weeks worth of shows before they start airing them?
        I'm sure they have to have at *least* a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure the lag time has always been at least two months. I know for many reality shows it's a solid NINE months (I've confirmed this for a couple shows). GH is of course different, but considering this situation we're in, the fans will want to know exactly what that lag time is. At this rate, many of the actors are going to end up looking different by the time this re-airs, lol...(Joselyn and the other kids aging, etc)

P.S. I can't believe Nancy is 64. She passes for mid 50's easily, even 50 or younger. I think she also lost a significant amount of weight over the past two years. Her character is one of the few that makes me laugh on a regular basis.
        Last edited by GymTim; May 12, 2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• OLTL'69
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Apr 2011

They don't just have to film they have to edit and do all the things I don't know about. Any possible date for any of us going back to work is just that possible.
          While there is likely an average time between filming and airing I am sure if varies. They do shut down at times (even with out a pandemic) SO after a shutdown (like holidays) they are likely less weeks ahead of airing

Life is full of uncertainties right now. We don't know if we are going back to school in the fall and if we do how different it will be. We don't know when GH will be back

Comment

• louisesnell96
            Board Regular
            • Mar 2020

I guess because they only film 3-4 weeks in advance we won’t see any of the May Sweeps preview

Comment

• parker joe
              I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
              • Feb 2005

Soaps used to have a much longer lead time. Now it's down to maybe six weeks. GH was obviously to film the Nurses' Ball when they came back from their Easter break.

Comment

• Soapaholic26
                Senior Board Member
                • Jan 2017

Because time is money, I don't think they are going to wait until they have banked three months worth of shows before they start airing a single one. They will try to get back on the air as soon as possible and build up the three month reserve over time. There will be a lag between filming and airing, but I think it will be weeks and not months.

Comment

• militarymom
                  militarymom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Maybe they will continue with the 4 new shows, and flashback Fridays for a while, to help build a reserve.
              • december rose
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Feb 2016

When GH stopped production on March 10, WDV tweeted that they had filmed episodes through April 17th.

That's about 5- 6 weeks.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X