• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emsnana
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    • Dec 2011

The Nelle, Wiley show

Has caused me to take a break from Gh..after 50 plus years I will not watch and delete timer ...hoping the Chase actor moves to bigger and better things so I can see him ...I might check in occasionally ..
  • militarymom
    Contract Poster
    • Nov 2019

If Nelle gets custody, and isn't killed shortly thereafter, I will also be taking a break.

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Mar 2010

Sorry that you feel this way.
      The fact that there are less than 10 new episodes airing before the show goes into permanent repeat is why i am staying tuned in. I am concerned the custody hearing decision will be the ultimate cliffhanger until new episodes air. I would like to have resolution on something before the show goes to classic flashbacks 5 days a week.

Comment

• soaps4me
        Contract Poster
        • Dec 2005

The Nelle show has been going on to long. I agree with you I'm ready to call it quits too. I've been watching since the first episode and I can see now that Nelle will blackmail Julian into marrying her and getting custody of Wiley.
        Last edited by soaps4me; May 13, 2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• McShirls
          McShirls commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know how she thinks she would benefit from marrying Julian or even having Julian testify for her.

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          Why would she want Julian as a character witness. He is an ex mobster and has a record a mile long. This story makes no sense (much like a lot of stories recently) and marrying him??? I am ready to tune out too. Between this and several other recent dud storylines that went nowhere I am bored stiff.
      • xoregonian
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2014

You might want to hang on until the 21st when the last new show will air and then it will be Nurses' Ball repeats for a while. I may turn it off during that time.

Comment

• eileenregina
          eileenregina commented
          Editing a comment
          ITA - especially since they are not showing any of the really good NBs from the past!
      • Wendall Wilcox
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2018

Maybe over hiatus things can get worked and re worked

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Mar 2008

If there were plans to kill Nelle off, I don't think they would have done that whole flashback scenes revealing Nelle as Nina's daughter. I think Nina being in Nelle's corner will be a good thing for Nelle. Maybe she'll start to change for the better. I can't wait to see how this custody hearing plays out & the mother/daughter reveal as well.

Comment

• eileenregina
            eileenregina commented
            Editing a comment
            ann gabriel This is a soap, never say never. If you watch DOOL there is a whole slew of sociopaths who are now redeemed who in the real world would be in hospitals for the criminally insane!

• ann gabriel
            ann gabriel commented
            Editing a comment
            Eileen …..
            Psychopaths, I believe, can be rehabilitated, and "change".
            Sociopaths are biologically wired to be incapable of any feelings for other people,

• Topaz25
            Topaz25 commented
            Editing a comment
            We must suspend reality when watching the soap. Emily's cancer was cured by a kiss, after all. We are forced to believe that Nelle is smarter than all the people in this town as she always comes out ahead. There is no logic to this writing and no basis in reality. I'm so sick of Nelle.
        • taws26
          Day Player
          • Jun 2014

I have to agree with the OP and some others -- I really can't take much more of the Nelle/Wiley story. The actress who plays Nelle is truly wonderful. But, they have made the character completely unwatchable for me. She has done too much evil for too long and she has just worn me down. So, I will read the daily summaries of the show, but I won't be watching. I really need a rest ...

Comment

• 1sbkmcfan
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Aug 2006

It seems more like the Willow and Wiley show than Nelle and Wiley show.

Comment

• eileenregina
              eileenregina commented
              Editing a comment
              This is the main problem for me when a really good actor comes on. If they write them into a corner where they have crossed a line they can't come back from, I can't support it because the person is a really good actor. They made this mistake with Shiloh - that actor was dynamite, but instead of keeping him a grey type of villain they crossed the line when they made him a rapist who drugged the young girls he was recruiting for his fake cause - their is no redemption for that so they had to kill him off. They should have just kept him a clever con man who knew how to ingratiate himself into advantageous (for him) situations. Nelle has been shown to be completely insane at times and dangerous most of the time.
          • ann gabriel
            Board Regular
            • Apr 2018

Focusing almost entirely upon any one character is not a wise strategy, imo, but when that character is as boring as Nelle is, it's becomes absurd, I mean, if you actually want viewers to tune in.

Comment

• divanisey
              Board Regular
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by emsnana View Post
              Has caused me to take a break from Gh..after 50 plus years I will not watch and delete timer ...hoping the Chase actor moves to bigger and better things so I can see him ...I might check in occasionally ..
              I am so with you. Also deleted from timer.

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2008

The flashbacks were set up to reveal who Nina's real daughter is which is Nelle. They showed young Nelle wearing the half-heart necklace. I read that was always the plan. When Chloe left the show, they seemed to be leaning at Willow being Nina's daughter. However, when Chloe returned to the show, they switched it back to Nelle. They also did a split screen with Nina & Nelle at the end of the flashback episodes where Nina was holding her half-heart necklace & Nelle had hers in the box. There has been nothing onscreen to indicate Nelle isn't Nina's daughter.

I think there's more drama if it plays out that way. I wouldn't mind if Willow were added to the mix as a fraternal twin though.

Comment

• Leaning Negan
                  Board Regular
                  • Jun 2017

Yall are funny. Nelle isnt on more than anybody else.

She is just the easy target. I for one enjoy her.

Comment

• SAMLEXIS FAN
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Mar 2008

If Franco can change (even though I've always hated him) then so can Nelle.

Comment

• CarnyQueen
                      CarnyQueen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually I think Valentin and Nelle are a lot alike.

• ann gabriel
                      ann gabriel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Valentin and Nelle are almost polar opposites!

Valentin feels deeply and passionately for the people he loves, and for the people he hates.
                      He is driven by emotion.
                      He is a tortured soul.
                      He is capable of both feeling and inflicting deep hurt.
                      He is capable of equally deep, even obsessive, love and passion.
                      He is layered and nuanced and, imo, supremely interesting.

Nelle feels nothing.
                      She is incapable of love.
                      She is incapable of hate, real hate.
                      Rather, she is driven by a robotic, mechanical agenda.
                      Nelle is the ultimate bore, imo.

• Shellyinphx
                      Shellyinphx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Carny, glad it isn't just me. They share so many traits and I have not seen any layers or nuances in Val or Nina
                  • Y&ROn&Off
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Dec 2005

I've honestly considered taking a break when they come back too. It's too much. I can't take the Nelle worship by the writers.

Comment

• ann gabriel
                      ann gabriel commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree.

That is what it must be.

Why else would this character, who imo is not at all entertaining, get so much air time?

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X