Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Tree bashing" scene with Michael and Willow 2 Weeks Ago:

Hey folks, I haven't been able to get on here for a while. Long-time viewer, since the mid 90's.

I needed to ask if anyone at all commented on the outdoors scene where Michael ran into Nelle, and then Willow came into the scene. Nelle made Michael very angry, and both he and Willow decided to take their anger out by bashing a large nearby tree.

I'm not an activist, environmentalist, etc. But like most people I love nature. Did anyone find this scene to be inappropriate and in poor taste? It's pretty clear it was a real outdoors scene and that the tree was real...and they damaged the trunk plenty.

It's just not ok. There's no reason to be damaging nature to do a scene. If anyone was seen doing that in our area (western NY) it would definitely anger and upset enough people that someone would intervene.

Did anyone at all comment on this in the forum, or doesn't anyone care. I only need to know if anyone found it to be in as poor taste as I did. They could've taken out their aggression on the punching bag at the gym or something, no need to damage a big beautiful tree just for a scene on a TV show.
    Last edited by GymTim; May 11, 2020, 04:02 PM.

There were many posts - and a huge debate about it. Not sure where it's all gone. Might have to go back a few pages. We can't believe the director's allowed that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrubsFan#1 View Post
      There were many posts - and a huge debate about it. Not sure where it's all gone. Might have to go back a few pages. We can't believe the director's allowed that to happen.
      THANK YOU. That is GREAT to hear.

I would've been really upset if no one cared.

Literally made my day to hear this.

Comment

Nope do to care it's GHs lot, their tree on private property's they can do what they want/need including hitting it, cutting it down, or putting a tire swing on it which will cause similar wearing of the bark on the branches.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingLiz View Post
          Nope do to care it's GHs lot, their tree on private property's they can do what they want/need including hitting it, cutting it down, or putting a tire swing on it which will cause similar wearing of the bark on the branches.
          If it's on their private property.

But even if it is....it's in really poor taste regardless. Just as it would be to destroy their own flower garden for a scene.

But "yup," they're free to advertise their ethics. It tells us who they are.

Comment

• LovingLiz
            LovingLiz commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya won't get sympathy from me for a tree, perhaps because most our acreage are woods and will have logged this summer. We also have a wood burning stove and a wood burning fire place and a few bon fire pits. To us trees are just a renewable energy source and someone a logger will pay a few thousand dollars each to cut down and take away. And the young trees dying in their shadows have a chance at life and will suffer the same fate in about 20 years or so.

• GymTim
            GymTim commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn't interested in your sympathy, and there's a huge difference between using trees for heat as compared to damaging nature for entertainment.

That's all I wanted to call attention to and am happy to hear there were apparently many who agreed.

It was the start of the romantic build

Comment

All the violence this show glorifies, all the ways it depicts women as "b*tches" & "sluts" & being weak, all the ways it promotes random & careless sex without consequence...and hitting a tree with a stick is where we draw the line? 🤨

Comment

• stopthefall
              stopthefall commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I have no words.

Willow and Michael are now and forever the tree Muggers.

And damaging the bark as was shown can lead to disease and pest infestation. That was poorly done all around.

Comment

• TheBlackRose
              TheBlackRose commented
              Editing a comment
              I believe it was already damaged. Likely could've been a tree they were already wanting to have removed, for any number of reasons.

• bluejazz
              bluejazz commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope. The bark was shown flying off. And that would be even more stupid, to further damage an already damaged area.

Originally posted by TheBlackRose View Post
            All the violence this show glorifies, all the ways it depicts women as "b*tches" & "sluts" & being weak, all the ways it promotes random & careless sex without consequence...and hitting a tree with a stick is where we draw the line? 🤨
            Although I agree with some what you said, people can control their actions, etc. The tree can't defend itself, so to speak.

I just don't see them as comparable.

But I do agree, and always have, that the show's random sex stuff is irresponsible, BUT, I realize it's just a fantasy show, so I take that into consideration.

The btches/sl.uts thing...I've never really seen that as a portrayal. And they certainly do have strong women on the show; Carly, Nina, Nelle, Ava, etc

Comment

The main thread is on Page 3. It has almost 100 posts on it.

Comment

I agree. The punching bag or boxing at the gym could have conveyed the same message. I guess that set (the gym) wasn't up that day.

Comment

with technology today, that scene very easily could have been created. it seemed to me the bark flying off was in fact created.
                  if the bark hit willow in the face, then i would say it was a real scene.

sometimes a fictional show is just a fctional show.

and as a reminder, people carving their initials into a tree with hearts and arrows to commenorate a love is just as destructive to a tree as hitting it. where’s the anger about that ¿¿

Comment

Originally posted by Q777S View Post
                    with technology today, that scene very easily could have been created. it seemed to me the bark flying off was in fact created.
                    if the bark hit willow in the face, then i would say it was a real scene.

sometimes a fictional show is just a fctional show.

and as a reminder, people carving their initials into a tree with hearts and arrows to commenorate a love is just as destructive to a tree as hitting it. where’s the anger about that ¿¿

I don't understand what you're suggesting in the first sentence, but as to the rest, I'm sure the carving would've been noted as well, but probably not to the extent of violently bashing a tree.

I was just happy to hear people gave a crap.

Another thing about it was the fact that it's in CA...of all states, I'd think they would be very conscious of that sort of thing.

Comment

• Q777S
                      Q777S commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i’m suggesting computer generated imagery. its absolutely possible to generate an image of freaking anything you want these days. and as you said, in california of all places we would not expect people to go damaging trees willy nilly. therefore, i suggest that computer imagery is to account for the scene of the tree destruction - it makes far more sense than destroying a tree . but you go ahead and believe what you want. imma believe in technology for this one

• TheBlackRose
                      TheBlackRose commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Computer generated imagery is expensive, even for the simplest things. We're talking thousands of dollars, and with GH's budget being what it is, that's not likely going to happen.

Also Michael is the Green Warrior for ELQ he should practisce what he preaches

Comment

Originally posted by GymTim View Post

I don't understand what you're suggesting in the first sentence, but as to the rest, I'm sure the carving would've been noted as well, but probably not to the extent of violently bashing a tree.

I was just happy to hear people gave a crap.

Another thing about it was the fact that it's in CA...of all states, I'd think they would be very conscious of that sort of thing.
                      so here is a link to familiarize yourself with c.g.i.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comp...erated_imagery

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X