X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Q777S
    Soap Addict
    • Jan 2015

i’m amazed at how many think laura is such a good mom.

she abandoned nik in his early years. then when he was an adult she covered up his crime of negotiating a hit on hayden.

she spent years on the run putting luke’s shenanigans before the safety of her children. she sent lucky to port charles fending for his little boy self . he ended up living in the catacombs hiding when his mother should have had him in her care. but nooooo, she was more concerned about helping her criminal ( and rapist ) husband.

leslie lu was raised by her grandmother and then tracy, her step mother .

so no this viewer does not see laura as a good mother whatsoever.

precious few good mothers in ports charles.
    but, i would vote mac as the best mother to three girls that were not his bio children. yes, mac gets my vote

Comment

• kristendny
      kristendny commented
      Editing a comment
      You say, aside from the rape, but rape is a huge deal and leaves you traumatized for years.

• Q777S
      Q777S commented
      Editing a comment
      many women are traumatized in their early years by rape but many of them go on to be good mothers. laura chose her lifestyle over her children time after time. so, imo she is not a good mother. if you believe she is, then good for you - but nothing you say will change my mind about her. and likewise nothing i can say will change yours, so - i respectfully agree to disagree

• kristendny
      kristendny commented
      Editing a comment
      I know many trauma survivors go on to be good mothers. She eventually did, too. For Laura, the first trauma was what happened with murder, and then Luke. I'm not saying to excuse any of her parenting mistakes, but I believe she has evolved into a wonderfully, nurturing mother and friend. Yes, we can agree to disagree. That is true.
  • MrAxe
    Contract Poster
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by CyndyG View Post
    Lila and Laura.
    Honorable mention: Liz
    I initially thought Lila. Than I realized that she was a woman I primarily witnessed as a non-lead character....brought out to say something wise ...but than the writers had her quickly put back in her 'room'. I never unfortunately got to witness her doing the day to day stuff like being an employee, or helping kids with homework or chores, or dealing with very stressful situations. Bcuz I didn't watch GH when she was a lead.I'm assuming she was the best but I didn't get to actually see it.

So Lila aside, I thought Laura. But she disappeared off the show repeatedly during crucial times in her children's lives. And she didn't introduce her eldest child Nicolas to the canvas until he was practically a man. Writers doing I know, but it still all happened.

So ironically I have to pick my fav character: Elizabeth Imogene Webber. She has been a very hands on mother while ALSO being a female character on a SOAP expected to deal with crazy drama.

Comment

• TheBlackRose
      TheBlackRose commented
      Editing a comment
      Elizabeth married the guy who kidnapped her child...

• MrAxe
      MrAxe commented
      Editing a comment
      Bottomline: so far Elizabeth married a man who was and IS cured by a brain tumor removal. A man who, for multiple years now, has truly wanted to be a good man, husband, and father. There is a long list of actions now showing he HAS done just that over the span of YEARS. Deeds not just words. A man who loves her and her kids more than he loves himself and he's committed to wanting to make them happy and provide for them. Its true...regardless of a desire by some to solely focus on his past. Regardless of what happens 'some day'....the Franco that has existed for Elizabeth since he fell in love with her has been mostly phenomenal (in the land of soap characters who are never truly allowed to be too good or too perfect).
      Last edited by MrAxe; May 11, 2020, 12:23 AM.

• sasha_96
      sasha_96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Liz has played fast and loose with the paternity of all of her children. She lost the trust fund Jason set up for her on bad investments, cheated on Lucky with Jason and Nik blowing up her kids lives both times, and married a serial killer who once kidnapped one of her kids. Nah. That is problematic all the way around.
  • Ginuwine
    Scriptwriter
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by kristendny View Post
    I love Laura the best, and she's a wonderful mother. Willow is a great mother, too. Jordan is one of the worst!!!!!!
    Why is Jordan the worst? She doesn't seem any worst than the other mothers on the show. None of them are perfect.

Comment

• kristendny
      kristendny commented
      Editing a comment
      I said she is ONE of the worst. No one is perfect, and. yes, there are many that are far from perfect.
  • sasha_96
    Contract Poster
    • Jan 2006

Bobbi was a phenomenal stepmother/mother to BJ, a dedicated mother to Lucas, and forgave Carly for trying to wreck her life. Not bad for a orphan who was sex trafficked as a teenager by her aunt.

Lulu, who was without a mother most nearly all of her childhood, was constantly being abandoned by her father, and choose to put Charlotte’s needs first by not taking sole custody when she could have. She had a total train wreck of a childhood, which is often glossed over.

Carly has been a good mother to Joss and Donna and an excellent stepmother to Avery and Kristina. She came along way over the years. The most onscreen growth as a mother for sure.

Anna initially sacrificed to keep Robin safe and then was a devoted mother. She didn’t voluntarily leave Robin and her absence was because of illness/amnesia as opposed to leaving her behind for adventures a la Felicia with Maxie and Georgie.

Comment

• Shellyinphx
      Shellyinphx commented
      Editing a comment
      Carly is good to Joss as long as Joss likes Sonny. When Sonny had Jax removed from the country Carly all but told Joss to suck it up because she was going to live with Sonny whether Joss liked it or not
  • Friz4ever
    Senior Board Member
    • Apr 2018

Originally posted by MrAxe View Post

I initially thought Lila. Than I realized that she was a woman I primarily witnessed as a non-lead character....brought out to say something wise ...but than the writers had her quickly put back in her 'room'. I never unfortunately got to witness her doing the day to day stuff like being an employee, or helping kids with homework or chores, or dealing with very stressful situations. Bcuz I didn't watch GH when she was a lead.I'm assuming she was the best but I didn't get to actually see it.

So Lila aside, I thought Laura. But she disappeared off the show repeatedly during crucial times in her children's lives. And she didn't introduce her eldest child Nicolas to the canvas until he was practically a man. Writers doing I know, but it still all happened.

So ironically I have to pick my fav character: Elizabeth Imogene Webber. She has been a very hands on mother while ALSO being a female character on a SOAP expected to deal with crazy drama.

Liz exs were good fathers when it was convenient for them. In FrAnco Liz finally has a man who is a 24/7 father to her boys.

Comment

• jn8028
      Senior Board Member
      • Sep 2010

I’d have to go with Bobbie. A wonderful mother to both BJ and Lucas (regardless of biological maternity) and for how she allowed Carly to be forgiven after all the crap she did to her family, she should be sainted.

Lila is a popular choice (and a much missed character and actress) but I’m not sure the woman who raised Tracy is going to win many parenting awards. We meet Lila and Edward as senior citizens so we don’t know much about their parenting for the first 40 years of their kids lives but from what we’ve seen/heard, I’m not giving either of them any awards!

Comment

• taramartin
        Soap Addict
        • Oct 2013

Mac actually was a wonderful father and mother figure to Robin, Maxie, and Georgie - I can't remember any bad parts.
        So far Willow has been a wonderful mother, she carried Wiley and let him be adopted to protect him from his horrible bio dad. When she thought he was still alive she tried to keep a respectful distance from him (for the sake of his adoption) but treasured the moments with him that she had. She knows he is actually Jonah now but still loves him and wants to protect him. Being a soap she will mess up at some point but so far so good.
        We have seen a lot of love and concern from those who have also messed up like Laura, Anna, Elizabeth...

Comment

• AMHardulak
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2009

I vote for Lesley, Liz and Laura

Comment

• sonyab1974
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2007

Hmmmm. Helena!

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
              OLTLBoomer commented
              Editing a comment
              Helena did love her children until they betrayed her.....................

• sasha_96
              sasha_96 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah, she had no use for Stefan or Irina or Valentine. She was a one son creepier momma for Stavros.
          • Ginuwine
            Scriptwriter
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by sasha_96 View Post
            Anna initially sacrificed to keep Robin safe and then was a devoted mother. She didn’t voluntarily leave Robin and her absence was because of illness/amnesia as opposed to leaving her behind for adventures a la Felicia with Maxie and Georgie.
            When did Felicia leave her kid for adventures?

Comment

• Ginuwine
              Ginuwine commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, but she still raised her kids. Mac also had to go on vacations and be away from the kids. He was the Chief of Police and sometimes would have to be away from his family. Felicia was a detective. Sometimes their job is demanding. When Felicia left to take care of her grandmother, the kids were grown and Georgie was married.
              Last edited by Ginuwine; May 12, 2020, 02:14 PM.

• sasha_96
              sasha_96 commented
              Editing a comment
              When they were late elementary school/middle school. It was before they compressed the age difference between Maxie and Georgie. Remember that they aged then de-aged Maxie with a recast and then a return to Robin Richards. They were very definitely NOT grown. Both girls were in high school being raised by Mac with Felicia gone. She went on adventures with Luke and reunited with Frisco in addition to going to Texas to care for her grandmother.

Watch Maxie at Georgie’s funeral, it gets covered.
              Last edited by sasha_96; May 13, 2020, 12:59 AM.

• Ginuwine
              Ginuwine commented
              Editing a comment
              sasha_96, Felicia went to take care of her sick grandmother who was in Texas. She wanted the girls to go with her but they did not want to go because they were in school and wanted to stay with their boyfriends, so they stayed with Mac. Felicia wanted them to go with her but they did not want to go. Her grandmother was sick. There is nothing wrong with Felicia taking care of her grandmother. She was only gone for a few months. The girls did not want to go with her. Mac took care of Felicia girls while she was away the same way that Felicia took care of Robin when Mac was away.

As for adventures with Luke, Felicia was a detective. Sometimes her job was cause for her to be away or on adventures. Kinda like Mac who was a police officer. And Felicia got with Frisco later when she left when the girls were grown. There was a brief Felicia re-cast on the show, but the recast Felicia left when Maxie was grown and Georgie was married.
              Last edited by Ginuwine; May 13, 2020, 01:44 PM.
          • jodyb22
            Soap Addict
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by THB54 View Post
            Mac Scorpio, perhaps?
            Boom! This Right here is a drop the mic moment! i don't think anyone could say there is a better mother or a better parent than Mac was to those 3 girls. Parenthood is not strictly a maternal or paternal job. Mac wins the GH parenting award!

This also goes to further my (and many other viewers beliefs) that Wiley doesn't need Willow as a mother or mother figure because he HAS his father. He has his parent!

Comment

• OLTL'69
              OLTL'69 commented
              Editing a comment
              I mean he is the only good father (I mean completely ) and I can't think of any mother so.....................
          • SoapQuest
            Board Regular
            • Nov 2019

My choice for best GH mom is without a doubt Lila Quartermaine. Her husband and kids drove her "crazy" but they adored her and she them.

Comment

• wrjsell
              Board Regular
              • May 2011

Lesley Webber was a great mom. She was a great mom to Laura, even taking the blame for Laura killing David Hamilton. She was also a surrogate mom to Amy and Blackie, as well as little Mike. She loved her children fiercely.

Comment

• believeinme246
                believeinme246 commented
                Editing a comment
                Leslie was great. I thought that Diana Taylor was too. She ultimately gave her life to protect the child she adopted.

• jason113
                jason113 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's a great choice. Remember when Lesley helped raise Blackie, Amy and little Mike?

• sasha_96
                sasha_96 commented
                Editing a comment
                And she raised Lulu for a decade and then took care of Spencer for Nik after Emily died and then again when they lived in Italy.
            • sonyab1974
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2007

"OLTLBoomer commented Helena did love her children until they betrayed her....................."

Yeah don't betray her and she will love you forever!

"sasha_96 commented Nah, she had no use for Stefan or Irina or Valentine. She was a one son creepier momma for Stavros."

I had no use for Irina either!!! Yeah mama loooooved her Stavros! She would do anything for him!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X