Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Dante’s definitely coming Back (Speculation)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LizWebberFan
    Executive Poster
    • Jun 2016

Dante’s definitely coming Back (Speculation)

I’m 99% sure that Dante/Dominic Zamprogna will return to GH. They mentioned him yet again with Sonny and Mike. I feel like he’s a character, and actor, that has always been on the writers minds. It feels like since he left the 1st time they’ve been holding a spot for him when he’s ready to return. Now that DZ has said he wants back in I think he’s definitely coming back. I think a deal would have already been done if it wasn’t for covid-19. I think once things settle down and GH resumes production DZ and GH will agree on a contract.
  • lovejomar
    Contract Poster
    • Apr 2013

I hope you are fight I have Dante.

Comment

• Mr.Sami_Brady
      Soap Addict
      • Sep 2006

I mean, I wouldn't put that out of the realm of possibility. The previous regime underutilized him a lot. I do miss DZ. IF they do bring him back I hope they write him in-character and have storylines for him, and not be a prop for Sonny.

Comment

• AMHardulak
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2009

I so want Dante to be there for Sonny. And, I hope to goodness there would be a solid Dante/Rocco scene!!

Comment

• MalteseBaby
          MalteseBaby commented
          Editing a comment
          I want him to be in the two scenes you mentioned too.
      • THB54
        Recurring Poster
        • Nov 2016

Love DZ as Dante and have greatly missed him. When and if he comes back, I hope they give him something more to do than be a Sonny apologist. As soon as he became Sonny's bouncing baby boy, he could no longer be a a smart, efficient cop. As we see now, the cops must either be bested by Sonny and Jason or be under their thumb. DZ/Dante should be a leading man in his own right.

Comment

• OLTL'69
          OLTL'69 commented
          Editing a comment
          When I read he was (maybe) coming I was afraid it would just be for the funeral so he could tell Sonny what a gread son and daddy he is
      • Sam_Philly_Girl
        Board Regular
        • May 2018

Originally posted by LizWebberFan View Post
        I’m 99% sure that Dante/Dominic Zamprogna will return to GH. They mentioned him yet again with Sonny and Mike. I feel like he’s a character, and actor, that has always been on the writers minds. It feels like since he left the 1st time they’ve been holding a spot for him when he’s ready to return. Now that DZ has said he wants back in I think he’s definitely coming back. I think a deal would have already been done if it wasn’t for covid-19. I think once things settle down and GH resumes production DZ and GH will agree on a contract.
        It seems like he left on good terms. They gave him a good exit with the hope of being cured of his brainwashing if he returned.

The alternative was to be dropped in the middle of the Indian Ocean with Drew and forgotten.

Comment

• Wild Horses
          Day Player
          • Oct 2017

Or Lulu will be pregnant with Dustin's baby and say it is Dantes. Here we go.....lol Of course I am just surmising. ?

Comment

• maggiebh
            maggiebh commented
            Editing a comment
            Lulu has no more eggs, remember?

• Wild Horses
            Wild Horses commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I forgot that Lulu supposedly has no more eggs,,,,,notice I said supposedly.....lol There could just be that one hiding and oooopppps.

• MalteseBaby
            MalteseBaby commented
            Editing a comment
            But- the follicles she had were matured with drugs and then the few eggs she had were retrieved and frozen, as I recall.
            What this means is that there are no eggs produced every month mid- cycle because the Cassadine guy froze the sensitive cells.

She would not have " old eggs" floating around in her body...
        • PANTISHA1
          Soap Addict
          • Dec 2004

They never gave DZ anything to do. And if he’s back it’s a given that he will be repaired with Lulu. Being stuck in this pairing that hasn’t worked since new Lulu came in isn’t great for either the Dante or Lulu characters.

dante and Brooklyn or Sam or Maxie YES

Comment

• THB54
            THB54 commented
            Editing a comment
            The pairing has worked for me just fine. What would be totally wrong is to pair him with the woman who drugged him in an attempt to rape him. Just no on all levels to Brook Lynn.

• SamandWillowFan
            SamandWillowFan commented
            Editing a comment
            I don’t ever want Sam and Dante when Sam was with Sonny, but I agree about him and Brook Lynn it Maxie.

• c83gilles
            c83gilles commented
            Editing a comment
            Meh. Sam got with Sonny’s greatest bond, Jason so I don’t think her with Dante is too far off. I personally always thought Dante and Sam could of been great together.
            I know I’m in the minority but I never liked him with Lulu.
        • Adriane
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by PANTISHA1 View Post
          They never gave DZ anything to do. And if he’s back it’s a given that he will be repaired with Lulu. Being stuck in this pairing that hasn’t worked since new Lulu came in isn’t great for either the Dante or Lulu characters.

dante and Brooklyn or Sam or Maxie YES
          I agree. All I can remember is baby storylines for Lante. I really hope Dante is a changed person after what hes been through and he and Lulu decide to stay divorced. I can't see him with Lulu's best friend Maxi however I think Brooklyn or even Nell, if the actress plans on being on the Show for the foreseeable future, would be someone the writers might pick. Portia is a possibility too.

Comment

• McShirls
            McShirls commented
            Editing a comment
            He would never be with the snake that tortured his brother and the rest of his family.

• ScrubsFan#1
            ScrubsFan#1 commented
            Editing a comment
            No thank you to the woman who tried to rape him - or the sociopath that tortured his family for ish and giggles.
        • MalteseBaby
          Scriptwriter
          • Aug 2009

If we buy into the script, that he was brainwashed and programmed to kill, then underwent extensive de-programming and healing of his mind, he will come back whole mentally.

But, he will return divorced, without a career or a career path, as I do not think in any universe he could go back into high pressure LE environment.

Will he be a short- term guest star for Mike's funeral, or a long term character? Because if he's long term, the ONLY foundation he will have is Sonny and Olivia, his parents. Rocco may not really remember him or bond with him, and Lulu is ALWAYS a wild card on her best day because of the chaos of Charlotte's life.

Maybe I lack imagination, but unless he goes to the docks with Sonny in legitimate work, physical work, I can't see a career or good life for him in Port Charles. Too many closed doors, too many things lost through no fault of his own, and likely, too many criminals out of prison who will be after him.

I know it's just a soap, but am I the only one who feels like his family will be Sonny, Olivia, Rocco, and Mike ( if he's alive?)
          What type of career could he have been rehabilitated to safely work in with his skill set? Watching security camera footage at General Hospital?

Comment

• MalteseBaby
            MalteseBaby commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't see Dante' sitting around any house.. He's too young and physically healthy. Also, one of the treatments for most psychiatric disorders is productive activity which raises self- esteem.

I do think that if he comes back long term, he will have employment or will be a volunteer, maybe like a volunteer at a school if he's no longer a danger to himself or others, since he and Lulu have a child ( and Lulu has Charlotte, not sure what his relationship with her was....)

• SamandWillowFan
            SamandWillowFan commented
            Editing a comment
            Charlotte was close with Dante and was sad when he left, but Rocco is obviously struggling more since Charlotte still has Valentin.

• ScrubsFan#1
            ScrubsFan#1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dante still has a lot of family AND friends in PC that still love and care for him - Rocco, Sonny, Olivia, Michael, Carly, Charlotte, Anna, Chase, Jordan.

It would all depend on how fully recovered he was - to see what kind of job he would come back to. Love DZ - and would love to see him back fulltime. With BETTER storylines.
        • LizWebberFan
          Executive Poster
          • Jun 2016

So potential storyline idea for his return. I’m kinda over Dante and Lulu. I think the writers just exhausted them as a couple. My idea is have him return and quickly settle on the idea of him and Lulu not reuniting. I would then explore a pairing between Dante and Maxie (they can turn to each other one heart broken over Lulu and the other heartbroken over Peter). Dante can also get his job back at the PCPD.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
            ScrubsFan#1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have absolutely NO interest in watching WW3 explode AGAIN from Lulu and Maxie. There is no good reason for the two of them to be together. I'm so over these shock and awe stories - that deliberately tear friendships apart.
        • ghfan2001
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          • Jun 2013

To be honest there's every chance GH will never air another original episode again after 5/21/2020 (which overall is probably a good thing considering how atrocious it is), so the question of someone maybe returning is kind of moot until the future of the show is actually determined. DZ coming back is neither here nor there, the real question is, is GH is ever going to come back?

Comment

• MalteseBaby
            MalteseBaby commented
            Editing a comment
            The actors want to come back. I believe they all will, with some precautions in effect. We all have to try to be positive and realistic at the same time, and it is difficult to balance.

I believe GH will return, and sooner rather than later. In most people, this is a mild respiratory virus.
        • SamandWillowFan
          Senior Board Member
          • Dec 2018

On one hand, I would like Chase to have a partner back in Dante, but on the other hand I don’t see how Dante could return to being a cop after all that he’s been through.

Comment

• PinkDiamond
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Apr 2007

I have no doubt that DZ would like to return...they kind of put him on the backburner and more or less made him play second fiddle to Lulu...and instead of them making them a united couple they left him out once Lulu found out about Charlotte...it became all about her fighting with Valentin...which is sad since before that Lante was one of the only stable couples on this show...so it's understandable that he wanted out...but hopefully he will change his mind and come back...and if he does I still would like to see him and Lulu somehow work things out...I liked her so much better with Dante then with Dustin

Comment

• LizWebberFan
              Executive Poster
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by ghfan2001 View Post
              To be honest there's every chance GH will never air another original episode again after 5/21/2020 (which overall is probably a good thing considering how atrocious it is), so the question of someone maybe returning is kind of moot until the future of the show is actually determined. DZ coming back is neither here nor there, the real question is, is GH is ever going to come back?
              Well I’m really hoping that isn’t true. Anything is possible but I think it’s pretty unlikely that GH gets cancelled because of Covid-19. Its ratings have been solid enough. Plus right now ABC doesn’t really have a replacement for it. Things right now are pretty shaky in Hollywood, so cancelling a 57 yr old show doesn’t seem like the wisest decision. Having a name and built in audience is important.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X