Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Residual from Guza’s Reign: Yankee fans from Brooklyn

I believe back in the days of Clare Lebine Sonny Was a Mets fan And the rich and entitled Snobby Q’s were the resident Yankee fans. But but Guza With the short side of logic made Dante A Yankee. Why is Mike a Yankee fan I guess he could be but I think it would be more interesting and being originally from Brooklyn him and Sonny were watching the Mets game. Since Was originally home to the Dodgers and the Yankees were generally Hated there Back in the day but not so much anymore. Brooklyn is still more of a Mets territory the Yankees popularity Has grown there quite a bit with all the Yankees success in the 90s with the front running nature of a lot of New Yorkers.

I think they should create more Red Sox fans. There’s more and more New England transplants like me who have moved into the city/state. I’m pretty sure Chase was revealed as a Red Sox fan when he first moved to PC, but it hasn’t been talked about much since.

But The Yankees do seem to be the writers professional sports go to team. There are Mets fans in upstate New York, so why not add them into the show more?

Comment

• Jrjames84
      Jrjames84 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have nothing to add to this but I love your user name!

• LizWebberFan
      LizWebberFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Jrjames84

Thank you

I’m a Yankees fan. Can I join team Corinthos

Comment

New Yorkers can claim a lot of different teams across the sports. For baseball, a lot of NYers are Mets and/or Yankees fans. I know a lot of people from Brooklyn (where Mike is from) who are both.

Comment

HUGE Yankees fan here, even though I lived in Dodger/Angel territory for many years.

LizWebber is right though; the rivalry is BoSox/Yankees, notsomuch Mets/Yankees. I feel the Mets are more like the Yankees' little brother, much like the LA Clippers (NBA) are the Lakers' little brother. LOL

Comment

When I saw the title I thought come one it has been way too long to still be held up to Brooklyn being DODGER fans.

Comment

• AMHardulak
            AMHardulak commented
            Editing a comment
            Almost 63 years!

When chase came to town and became Danté's partner, he had a red Sox mug. It was upsetting to Dante since that was Nathan' s desk and well, Red Sox.

Comment

Its weird how some people in the northeast like the Mets and others the Yankee's.

My husband and 1 brother like the Mets. His older brother and both parents loved the Yankees. The Mets did not appear until 1962. So if you were watching baseball before then you would like the Yankees.

Comment

• soapgirl9
              soapgirl9 commented
              Editing a comment
              This gave me a chuckle. My mom learned about baseball by watching games on TV. She's been a Mets fan since 1969. When she was a teenager, my mom and her younger sister would come from New Jersey and be dropped off at Shea Stadium by their mom. She wouldn't want to pay for parking, so she would park on the street, sit in the car and read or listen to the radio while the game was on. My brother has been a Mets fan since birth (1989). My dad, however LOVES the Yankees. I'm the only one pretty much in my immediate family who is not into sports. One of my roommates from college was from Connecticut, but a diehard Yankee fan.
              Last edited by soapgirl9; May 7, 2020, 11:13 AM.

Originally posted by ghfan96 View Post
            New Yorkers can claim a lot of different teams across the sports.
            I can vouch for this. I went to high school in Harlem and the bulk of my classmates were Chicago Bulls fans.

Comment

• soapgirl9
              soapgirl9 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree about location. My brother was a Michael Jordan fan, and he's never lived in Illinois, let alone Chicago. One of my roommates in college grew up in Connecticut and was a diehard Yankee fan. People are going to like whatever team, regardless of where they or the team is from. My mom taught herself about baseball by watching The Mets on TV in 1969, 15 years before she ever lived in New York.
              Last edited by soapgirl9; July 16, 2020, 07:45 PM.

I remember when Dante was undercover and he was bonding with Morgan over both of them being Yankee fans. Morgan had got 4 tickets for Sonny, Dante, Michael and Morgan to go to a Yankees game together and then everything came out about Dante being an undercover cop and Sonny's son. I also remember when Avery was a baby and Sonny came home from a trip in New York City with a Yankees banner for her.

Comment

I thik that way back when it was Dodger vs Yankees where you were from made a bigger difference. Now you can watch any team you want.

II don't remember the days the OP remembers but I can see it beeing that way as a hold over from the Brooklyn hating the Yankees. I bet it did matter a lot more when Mike was a kid

THey likely were just lazy and thought NY=Yankees.

But these days geography doesn't matter as much

Comment

I remember Lois was a Mets fan. And Ned was a Yankee fan. I recall them snarking at each other about their preferences.

Comment

• soapgirl9
                  soapgirl9 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That sounds like my parents- my mom has been a Mets fan since 1969 and my dad LOVES the Yankees. My brother is a Mets fan, and if I were into sports, whichever team I picked would make someone very unhappy.

The Corinthos clan being Yankee fans makes at least this Yankee fan from Brooklyn happy. There are many Yankee fans from Brooklyn that pre-date the 1990s...

Comment

They should step up and have folk b fans of the Rochester Red Wings. Minors get no love.

Comment

Maybe Guza was a Yankees fan? This could've been his way of shouting it from the rooftop.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X