Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter is straight up sociopath

fate has done it for me and some evil smile

I don't think he is a sociopath. He actually has feelings for other people. It's just that his instinct for self-preservation was finely honed as the son of Cesar Faison. Most of the things Peter does is in reaction to something that happened. For instance, Robert getting to close to the truth = Peter needing Robert distracted. I like the writers didn't have him kill Holly as some viewers were insisting he did. Does he profit from her death? Sure. But being glad about that doesn't make him a sociopath. Compared to Nelle, who I do think is a psychopath, Peter doesn't do things just to hurt other people, like give away his child and tell the other parent the child is dead. It's a fine line, but one I see even if others may not.

Comment

• MeTyme
      MeTyme
      Board Regular
      MeTyme commented
      Editing a comment
      He has had several people murdered for his own benefit. How can he be any better than Nelle? He had Drew killed. He put a hit on Franco others then killed the hit man when he changed his mind. If that is not a sociopath than what is? He has mo conscious because he continues to do it and cover for himself.

• Wanda Wolek
      Wanda Wolek
      Senior Board Member
      Wanda Wolek commented
      Editing a comment
      The difference, to me, is that Peter has a conscience. It's buried deep inside him, but it's there. It is why he tried to abort the hitman killing Franco. He felt remorse over Nathan's death. He was behind Drew's plane going down (don't believe he's dead until TPTB provide a corpse, and maybe not then) and that does make him a bad person. I just don't see him as a psychopath. Compared to Nelle, who kills without compunction for capital gain (her fiancé and the attempted murder of Michael), he has a soul. She does not have one, just crocodile tears.

Nelle is a sociopath.
    Peter is someone is who feels guilty when he is caught, not for what is has done.
    Peter is honest when he tells others that he will do anything to keep the (new) life he now has with Maxie.
    Peter was enraged when he learned that Holly Scorpio was actually dead; that was not part of his plan. The henchman said that they were monitoring Holly (observing?) when the incident happened. So, to me, the "distraction" had not really taken place. Peter is not apparently guilty of Holly's death. So the henchman says....
    Anna says Holly's death was suspicious.

Comment

Peter is evil. He had Drew killed. He doesn't want people to find out his evil ways. He wants what he wants and if someone gets in his way he takes them out. He told his mother nothing will stand in his way to be with Maxie.
      Harleygirl38
      Soap Addict
      Last edited by Harleygirl38; May 6, 2020, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I hope Maxie wakes up. I do not like Peter. He set up my favorite Obrek for something she did not do. And to this day I blame him for James murder. I can’t wait until Peter loses Maxie.

Comment

• SamDeanLover1
          SamDeanLover1
          Board Regular
          SamDeanLover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          He is responsible for Nathan's death directly and it makes me sick that he's doing anything and everything to keep Maxie and to hell with everyone else who gets in his way. Free Maxie, I know she's been brainwashed has been for months even to Spinnelli who has tried to warn her more than once and trying to protect her and their child. Her behavior is of someone who is brainwashed. I'm tired of Peter, the brainwashing of Maxie, and she needs therapy and a psychiatrist

Originally posted by Harleygirl38 View Post
        Peter is evil. He had Drew killed. He doesn't want people to find out his evil ways. He wants what he wants and if someone gets in his way he takes them out. He told his mother nothing will stand in his way to be with Maxie.

Yup, and he is as bore. Imo

Comment

• FLPeaches
          FLPeaches
          Senior Board Member
          FLPeaches commented
          Editing a comment
          I keep wondering why is he still on my screen.....?
          Peter just needs to go -- please.

• CashierJudy
          CashierJudy
          Contract Poster
          CashierJudy commented
          Editing a comment
          Therein lies the bite. Yes a soap needs villains. But he is so BORING, staring at the camera and behaving like Boris Baddanoff....he is laughable.
          His lines jump out as WRITTEN not part of a the story but of some other bizarre world where he is just playing a villain and is frozen in time.
          Watched soaps for 55 years and never saw anyone this bad. Seriously. Terrible fit in a terrible story.

• CryIdareya
          CryIdareya
          I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
          CryIdareya commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with all of you. He should have been gone. Never has he been interesting.

Yes he is a murdering brainwashing evil bastard psychopath sociopath
        SamDeanLover1
        Board Regular
        Last edited by SamDeanLover1; May 7, 2020, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I did not like that he seemed so outraged that Holly was killed. I thought heis a killer why so upset about this one. THEN I thought he wanted Robert gone so maybe if Holly were kidnpapped or something Robert would leave.

Comment

I think he's afraid Anna is going to go looking into Holly's death and he might be implicated. Only thing a sociopathic serial killer would be worried about. USUALLY, their mothers or mother figures are held to a different standard than a normal person who doesn't think in black or white.

It has NOTHING to do with Holly herself.. It's about Anna and his operative being around Holly before she was murdered. He may still end up being responsible, we don't know the full story yet. Anna will find out though, and if Holly had to die, I hope it is the thing which seals his death warrant.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Wolek View Post
            I don't think he is a sociopath. He actually has feelings for other people. It's just that his instinct for self-preservation was finely honed as the son of Cesar Faison. Most of the things Peter does is in reaction to something that happened. For instance, Robert getting to close to the truth = Peter needing Robert distracted. I like the writers didn't have him kill Holly as some viewers were insisting he did. Does he profit from her death? Sure. But being glad about that doesn't make him a sociopath. Compared to Nelle, who I do think is a psychopath, Peter doesn't do things just to hurt other people, like give away his child and tell the other parent the child is dead. It's a fine line, but one I see even if others may not.

He doesn't actually have feelings for other people though, he has things he wants from other people. He put Dr O in prison - Dr O whom Maxie loves, and trusts, who is James' grandmother. He would destroy anyone to get what he wants.

Sorry, but that's not love. That's not actual feelings.

Peter is a monster.

Comment

• Sam_Philly_Girl
              Sam_Philly_Girl
              Board Regular
              Sam_Philly_Girl commented
              Editing a comment
              Peter and Nelle have a lot in common as monsters.

One way they've become different is everyone has figured out Nelle is a sociopath while Peter is still hiding in plain site of Anna and Maxie.

Peter is still getting his second chance from them the way Nelle got that second chance from Carly and her family.

Is it possible Peter is a double agent like Anna was in the beginning? I don't know why I've been thinking this lately...I guess because I think things are not what they seem and Peter is not going to lose Anna or Maxie b/c of this.

Comment

I'm going to go with Reasons Peter Is a Sociopath for 800, Alex.

He didn't want his henchman to kill Holly (if we believe what he says), but he sure had a big satisfied look on his face at the end. He basically said fate was on his side. Holly's death happened because Fate is #TeamPeter.

Peter killed Drew (and presumably whoever was piloting the plane). He tried twice to kill Andre. He tried to kill Franco. He arranged Shiloh's escape from prison -- which led to Bobbie being carjacked and left by the side of the road suffering from a condition caused by her diabetes, Wiley being kidnapped, Dev being assaulted etc. Peter doesn't feel a bit bad for any of that -- in fact, he compounded all this by framing Sam for arranging Shiloh's escape. And remember that he kept Jason drugged for five years because he wanted him to kill Faison?

Peter feels he deserves a life with Maxie and James and wants to be accepted in Port Charles society. Instead of just telling Maxie the truth ages ago, he committed a string of crimes to cover his butt. In his minds, everything is justified because he wants Maxie. That's not a lot different from Big Daddy Faison committing a string of heinous crimes all because he wanted Anna.

And it's not a lot different from Nelle. Don't get me wrong -- Nelle's both evil and as mad as a box of frogs. But in her mind, everything she does is because she deserves something. She has set up this whole construct that Carly has wronged her and she must get back at her no matter what. She says she had to kill her first fiance because he might have changed his will and she was entitled to his money.

Valentin was like that too. He felt that he deserved the Cassadine fortune and so instead of going to court to try to prove he was the rightful heir, he held a bunch of people who had never done anything to him hostage and then tried to kill them. All because he felt he was entitled to something.

I do believe that Peter has some affection for Anna -- or at least, he enjoys having Anna love him. Now Anna's got that look in her eye which means that she is going to investigate Holly's death, and that investigation could lead her to Peter. So would Peter kill Anna to protect himself? My bet is yes.

Comment

The word sociopath is thrown around pretty easily. But Peter just does not fit the clinical definition. Not sure Nelle does but she’s certainly a lot closer than Peter is.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
                  ScrubsFan#1
                  Executive Poster
                  ScrubsFan#1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just posted the definition of a female sociopath a few days ago in another thread. It fits Nelle to a T. And leaves no doubt in my mind that it's exactly who she is.

I think Peter comes close.

Originally posted by SamDeanLover1 View Post
                Yes he is a murdering brainwashing evil bastard psychopath sociopath
                Thank you so much. Where do we send honorariums? You deserve them!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X