Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As sad as I am about Holly, the episode reminded me of old times

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • As sad as I am about Holly, the episode reminded me of old times

    As sad as I am about the possibility of Holly's demise, I so enjoyed the wonderful scenes with Robert, Mac, Felicia, Anna and Maxie. For the long time viewer, the rich history those characters share was beautifully evident and beyond poignant.
    AMHardulak
    I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
    Last edited by AMHardulak; May 6, 2020, 04:24 PM. Reason: clarity

  • #2
    Completely agree - seeing them altogether in such a loving, natural way was the very best part of today's show..
    I really miss the 'good old days' ♥

    Comment


    • #3
      It was nice to see them all together.
      I couldn't help thinking of what gorgeous women were on GH in the early 80s...Holly and Anna and Felicia. They are all still beautiful today but I hope they show some old episodes so that the viewers who weren't around then can see. The sls were very much fun as well - lots of adventure.

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree - it was beautiful. Peter was just the annoying buzzing fly in the ointment. Can somebody just SQUISH HIM already??????????

        Comment


      • #5
        Lots of History sitting at that table at the Rib.................

        Comment


        • #6
          There was a gap of several years when I wasn't watching -- when did they turn Holly back into a conwoman?

          I know she was working a con when she first met Luke, but I thought she was somehow forced to do it. When she married Robert, she gave up all cons and even tried to help him solve crimes. They kept making references to having a Nick & Nora partnership (from the old "Thin Man" movies). When did she become a criminal again?

          Comment


          • AMHardulak
            AMHardulak
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            AMHardulak commented
            Editing a comment
            During one of Holly's returns to GH, the character seemed different--somewhat cold and uncaring. She said she was bitter that no one had told her of Robert's survival and return to PC. When a few residents came down with a severe strain of encephalitis, Holly knew how to get the cure but demanded a HUGE sum of money.

          • ScrubsFan#1
            ScrubsFan#1
            Executive Poster
            ScrubsFan#1 commented
            Editing a comment
            It was AWFUL. I think she even refused to help Robin until she got her money.

            HORRID turn of the character.

          • heddalee
            heddalee
            Senior Board Member
            heddalee commented
            Editing a comment
            She also tried to extort money for info about Ethan's bio-lineage.

        • #7
          I loved the scenes too. I kept thinking it would be so nice if Frisco, Sean, Tiffany, Celia, Bobbie, Gail, Luke, Claudia (Phillips), Brian and Robin were there. They were friends with Holly as well. I miss the 80s so much.

          Comment


          • taramartin
            taramartin
            Executive Poster
            taramartin commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I forgot about Celia in my earlier list of gorgeous 80's women.

          • Ginuwine
            Ginuwine
            Contract Poster
            Ginuwine commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. Celia was, indeed, gorgeous. How could you forget about her? lol

            I also thought 80s characters like Claudia, Laura, Simone (original) and Bobbie were gorgeous as well.

          • AMHardulak
            AMHardulak
            I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
            AMHardulak commented
            Editing a comment
            ^^Rose was very pretty, too

        • #8
          i have to admit i sort of daydreamed a scenario where the gorgeous holly walks into the floating rib and asks whats all the sad faces for and everyone jumps up to hug her as they realize the misinformation about her demise.

          ohhh, this viewer is a dreamer

          Comment


        • #9
          Originally posted by AMHardulak View Post
          As sad as I am about the possibility of Holly's demise, I so enjoyed the wonderful scenes with Robert, Mac, Felicia, Anna and Maxie. For the long time viewer, the rich history those characters share was beautifully evident and beyond poignant.
          Robert,Holly,Luke/Laura/Frisco Scene at Felicia Grandma Hacienda Late 1984 .It was one of most iconic GH Scenes.
          We had all 3 supercouples in the Scene.
          It was only scene in GH 57 years where they did that
          They had a Guitar right thier and Jack aka peformed a James Taylor Song .

          They so many good scenes with Robert,Holly,Frisco,Felicia,Sean Donely etc
          84 and 85 before Holly left PC in 85.

          AQ
          Robert,Anna,Sean,Frisco,Tony Jones,Robin,Jade,Yank,Yank ,Mr Wu,Kim WU,Buzz Striker,the Ancient one,Olin,her grandson Suki,
          The Green Shirts.
          Robert went home to Holly and Australia when the AQ ended in early Dec 85.
          This was Robin Scorpio introduction sl at about age 7 in Sept 85.
          GConnDi
          Senior Board Member
          Last edited by GConnDi; May 7, 2020, 07:28 PM.

          Comment


          • #10
            What was odd to me, was there were NO flashbacks? GH has inserted flashbacks into every episode for the past several weeks. This would have been a golden opportunity to stretch out the episodes with a reminiscent result.

            Comment


            • #11
              Originally posted by CarnyQueen View Post
              There was a gap of several years when I wasn't watching -- when did they turn Holly back into a conwoman?

              I know she was working a con when she first met Luke, but I thought she was somehow forced to do it. When she married Robert, she gave up all cons and even tried to help him solve crimes. They kept making references to having a Nick & Nora partnership (from the old "Thin Man" movies). When did she become a criminal again?
              It was 2007 when Holly was not Holly.

              Comment


              • #12
                Originally posted by MDC View Post
                What was odd to me, was there were NO flashbacks? GH has inserted flashbacks into every episode for the past several weeks. This would have been a golden opportunity to stretch out the episodes with a reminiscent result.
                Good point. I would love to see some flashbacks from the 80s.

                Comment


                • AMHardulak
                  AMHardulak
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  AMHardulak commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^^It would have been amazing if fans could have seen some of Robert's fondest memories!

              • #13
                YESSSS! I was just pointing out to my wife that those four people sitting at the table together were among the very first characters I was introduced to on this show way back in the 80s. Awesome!

                Comment


                • #14
                  Originally posted by Shadow Puppet View Post
                  YESSSS! I was just pointing out to my wife that those four people sitting at the table together were among the very first characters I was introduced to on this show way back in the 80s. Awesome!
                  Mac was not on the show in the 80s. Mac came in the 90s. Are you thinking about Frisco? Frisco was on the show back in the 80s with Felicia, Robert, Holly, Anna, Robin etc.

                  Comment

                  Google Matched Content

                  Collapse

                  Bottom of Page

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X