Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mike just pass away in his sleep?

I have a feeling that is exactly what just happened. Sonny asked Mike how he wanted to live the rest of his life. He whispered “Yankees”, and now he sleeps peacefully.
    I get the feeling Mike just passed away and did it on his own terms. Anyone else think that?

Not sure.......................

Comment

That would be a wonderful way for him to go.

Comment

That's what it looked like to me - and I think the best way for him to go

Comment

I hope so. ❤ If he hasn't died by the end of the episodes already shot, I do hope tptb jump forward a little and start new episodes after he has.

Comment

Through this whole thing I have always hoped how it would end would be that Sonny gets a phone call form Turning Woods that Mike has passed away during the night and we see none of it.

Comment

Hmmm I thought when Sonny asked what do you want he said pancakes lol. I even listened to it again and heard the same 🤣....guess not??

Comment

• OLTLBoomer
              OLTLBoomer
              Aspiring soap scribe
              OLTLBoomer commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad i am not the only one that had trouble hearing that line - thank you for posting this
              I thought he said thank you - and that was why Sonny teared up. Then in the future scenes I learned it was "Yankees" so I corrected the LT.

• jodyb22
              jodyb22
              Scriptwriter
              jodyb22 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sonny told Carly that Mike said Yankees which is why they had the game on.

• Topaz25
              Topaz25
              Board Regular
              Topaz25 commented
              Editing a comment
              When hubby asked 'what did he say??' all I could say was 'it sounded like make ease,' which I felt pretty good about when it turned out to be Yankees. Lucky for them they are showing reruns of old games or leaving that scene in would make no sense.

It would actually work on so many levels

Dignified for Mike on his terms.
            His family doesn’t see him suffer nor the viewers.
            They possibly show a memorial service.
            I forget the actors name, but he may have limited continued cameo appearances as a voice of conscience in ghostly appearances to Sonny or something like that.

Meanwhile it fits other storyline purposes too:
            Diane files an extension with the courts for bereavement purposes.
            Of course Nelle will use it as an opportunity to show the court that she doesn’t object because she’s so “caring” (eye roll).
            And the hearing gets moved back because it would have probably been written to happen in May sweeps, and the stuff we are seeing now should have really aired in April. (Who knows when we’ll see it though).
            Also I do think Michael and Willow will learn the truth but Mary anyway with Chase and Sasha‘s “blessing”. And this gives them time to pull off being a married couple and make it semi-believable to the court by the new court date. Because she will stand by Michael and be his dutiful support system during his grief.

this is all completely speculative on my part absolutely no spoilers involved but 40+ years of soap watching gives me a pretty good sense of these things.

Comment

as much as mike has been slipping away latly it would not surprise me. gh is about death and dying as well as life and lving

Comment

He looked very dead to me in the last two shots of his face and the way he was lying on the pillow.
                I scared my husband because I said " You're talking to your dead father" to Sonny...
                If he's not meant to look dead, then he accidentally looks deceased to me. ( and I've seen hundreds of elderly people pass away like they are showing Mike now, sadly.)

Comment

I haven't seen today's show yet thanks the governor of Virginia, but Mike may have slipped into a "Non-responsive" sleep.

That isn't unusual for end stage Alzheimer's sufferers. The patient sleeps painlessly while the body shuts down.

Hopefully, Mike did pass away. It serves no purpose to have Sonny and others watch him sleep for a week or two until the end.

Comment

It would be most fitting, for all of the reasons mentioned above. Only thing that would make it better--if Dante walks through the door in time to hold Mike's hand. and be there for Sonny.

Comment

I agree with all these comments. I just got on here to post this exact same thing but you all beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing during that scene... i bet he just passed away. I was also thinking wouldnt it be great id Dante walked in..

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I thought he died.

Comment

Yeah I do. When Sonny was watching the game and looked at Mike, I’m thinking oh oh did he die?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X