Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Feel For Franco

I know a lot of you may not like what I'm about to say, but thus has to be said; I feel for Franco. Yes, he's done horrible things in the past. Yes he's done horrible things in the 10 years he's been in Port Charles, but he hasn't done anything horrible recently and after he got the brain tumor removed. Franco has even listed things that he's done that are in fact redeemable: Franco works at General Hospital as a art therapist and also teaches sick kids how to draw, he founded or I think he said funded a women's shelter, he kept the hospital afloat with his donations, and he single handedly captured Ryan Chamberlain. But despite all of that, nobody cares. Everybody wants to keep bringing up the old Franco instead of seeing this new, improved, and redeemed Franco.

But now he wants to bring up the dark past himself and make money from it. That’s not on anyone but him. An I love Franco

Comment

• LovingLiz
      LovingLiz commented
      Editing a comment
      My issue isn't the making money on his notoriety if he knows/believes he is no longer a threat. But its more he isn't taking Liz and the boys into consideration. He said the media/public is getting more interested in it because the anniversary and instead of distancing himself from it, he wants to take advantage and make it even bigger! Which puts Liz and the kids right in the middle of the cross fire with him. Is the money you would make, worth tying the kids and Liz to your crimes? This is for Cam's college fund they say, but what college is going to take a kid who is all over the media and online because his connection to a seriel killer? Think of the kids back when they were being made fun of and bullied because of Franco's past, one he worked hard to distance himself from and part of why Liz agreed to be with him, now he wants to eliminate that distance and go on the record and use it to make money. How badly will the kid whose father he tried to frame and kid he kidnapped and yelled about as his "last words" to that other kids father, be effected by this?

He is currently looking to profit from his prior heinous crimes. That is reprehensible and anyone who was really sorry and actually reformed would never consider it.

Comment

I agree. True or not, the brain tumor removal changed him. He's sure the best husband & father that Liz & the boys ever had (that stayed). They're going to talk about his past with or without him, might as well get paid for it.

Comment

• CashierJudy
        CashierJudy commented
        Editing a comment
        So true, Victorialord.....and beyond that, RH is always a bit of Todd Manning for me, my all time favorite soap character, well except for you, of course!

• iluvaiden
        iluvaiden commented
        Editing a comment
        I love him. True, they will bring it up no matter what.

• victorialord
        victorialord commented
        Editing a comment
        CashierJudy thank you - if only - that were really me. Yes, any reminder of Todd is great. He's such an entertaining actor.

iluvaiden Yes he will never be "forgiven", like Julian & Ava. Saint Sonny & his band of killer/criminal hypocrites will always look down their noses at them.

Having a serial killer - as a therapist of ANY kind to CHILDREN - even on a fictional soap opera - is just way beyond the pale.

And now he wants to use his blood money from his "artwork" to pay for Elizabeth's children to go to college. Including the one that he kidnapped.

It's just ALL WRONG

On EVERY LEVEL.

Comment

• Laura Luke
        Laura Luke commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I agree He shouldn't profit from his crimes . BUT huge hipocracy Sonny's kids benefited from his crimes everyday & no one seems to care about that

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        Well this would be new art, his old art was already sold at Ava's gallery. And I can't get mad at the money paying for the kids education, I mean would anyone be annoyed if Jason paid for Jake and Danny and Scout to go to college? That would be blood money too. Let us not forget, based on the criteria for a serial killer, well Jason is also a serial killer who killed/kills for money and power.

If the crimes were not so heinous and if there were not numerous victims I would be able to see your point.

However, he committed some of the worst crimes imaginable that you can commit against humanity. There is no coming back from that even in a fictional world.

Essentially, any money that he makes from this venture is as noted above, blood money, money and profiteering off of his victims.

If I was his stepkids I would feel very upset having my college paid for by the publicity and “art” of my stepdads numerous victims.

I really hope Liz stands her ground. Her kids should not derive any money from those atrocities. If they do their futures are built on others blood and that is sad for them.
      Last edited by mes349; May 4, 2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• victorialord
        victorialord commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought he's talking about selling newer (post tumor) paintings. Such as a painting of Ava is not about the victims from tumor time.

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        And yet people want Liz to get child support from Jason, interesting...so why is Jason killing for money/respect/power different from Franco killing for the same reasons. Except Franco called it art, Jason called it business. Is it the leather Jacket that makes the difference?

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        victoriallord, I think he is talking about doing the tell all expose documentary on him that the producer called and asked him to participate in.

Originally posted by victorialord View Post
      I agree. True or not, the brain tumor removal changed him. He's sure the best husband & father that Liz & the boys ever had (that stayed). They're going to talk about his past with or without him, might as well get paid for it.
      Exactly!! All of what you said!! ❤️❤️❤️ Why not tell your side when they are going to talk about you anyways, and if you make some money off of it, well..🤷🏾‍♀️

I understand Liz’s point, she wants to protect Franco and her family but his past is NEVER going to be put to rest. And if he could get his side out, it might even dial down the speculation and gossip surrounding him.

Comment

• victorialord
        victorialord commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point! Maybe he can remind people that he helped take down a serial killer and almost died & almost lost his family for it.....

• Wild Horses
        Wild Horses commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes good point.

He kept the hospital afloat? I did a WTF when he said that. Wasn't that Finn who did that? All I remember is Franco keeping the Art Therapy thing open with his donation.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
        ScrubsFan#1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was absolutely Finn that saved the hospital - when he didn't have too - and kept the money for himself. Franco should be on his knees THANKING Finn - for supplying the money that kept him employed.

SMH at these writers.

• victorialord
        victorialord commented
        Editing a comment
        Franco didn't save the hospital, but I believe he donated money from his previous paintings sales to the hospital.

• LovingLiz
        LovingLiz commented
        Editing a comment
        The money from Jim Harvey's company he gave to The city to save the areas ruined by the earthquake. He gave Monica part of his earnings from his paintings to restart the art therapy program, start an abused women department and the rest was supposed to go where GH needed it. But twice he gave GH large sums of money. Finn saved GH after the killer stuff where Liz got pushed down the stairs.

After he got the tumor removed he tried to kill Heather, he helped Nina kidnap Avery, he put someone in a cage wearing a shock collar, there's other things I don't remember. But no one should have to forget what he has done to them.

Comment

Originally posted by sesca View Post
        After he got the tumor removed he tried to kill Heather, he helped Nina kidnap Avery, he put someone in a cage wearing a shock collar, there's other things I don't remember. But no one should have to forget what he has done to them.
        Those things are fairly small beans on soaps and put him on par with literally everyone else. I mean Nina also kidnapped Avery and she gets to run a magazine. And trying to kill Heather? Like really, isn't that more a public service given that every time she gets an ounce of freedom she tries to whack someone? (And sometimes succeeds, even if said characters may not be ones you anyone cares about.) I remember she killed some nurse with her poisoned tea when I was first watching. Trying to kill Heather, IMO, is not something that can be held against a character.

Comment

• ScrubsFan#1
          ScrubsFan#1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tom had DONE HIS TIME in prison for Elizabeth's rape - and was released. He was employed at the hospital - and staying away from Liz until Franco started getting in his face. If he'd LEFT HIM ALONE - things wouldn't have escalated like they did.

Putting a dog collar on a man - and locking him in a cage is not normal behavior. It's the behavior of a person who is mentally unbalanced.

Stabbing your own mother - and BURYING HER ALIVE - is not normal behavior. It is the behavior of someone who has become unglued - and needs to be back behind bars.

• LovingLiz
          LovingLiz commented
          Editing a comment
          Jackaled, TOM NEVER SPENT A SECOND IN JAIL FOR LIZ"S RAPE. She took a shower after the rape, there was no evidence so he was never brought up on charges, he was in jail for stalking and blackmailing a Quartermain. He did not stay away from Liz. He confronted her at Kellys and then got a job at Liz's work, but Monica put an ax to that because as she noted he pulled favors and got around her to get that job and it never should have been allowed on the grounds. Plus lets not forget they found the book, it was that book that drove his brother to kill him, and in that book were photos he had taken of Liz proving he was watching her again, along with KIKI.

Oh and I didn't mind the cage, I mean the day before he did it he did ask Liz what she wanted to happen with Tom, she told him she wanted him locked in a cage for the rest of his life, but that wasn't going to happen and he was out and she was going to have to accept and deal with it.
          Last edited by LovingLiz; May 5, 2020, 05:02 PM.

• Forgiveness_Man
          Forgiveness_Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Fine, Sonny and Jason have "an excuse." I mean, they are walking around being the protagonists of the show.

Granted, since their problems are ONGOING, I would say that they need to check themselves into a longterm care facility so they can no longer harm others. So if we're using their medical conditions as their excuse, they need to work to either address them or take themselves out of the public. Franco's condition is in the past. Jason and Sonny have ongoing medical conditions. So just ignoring them isn't going to count as their excuse.

And BTW, I wasn't watching so I really only hold Sonny's recent actions against him.

I'm choosing to view Franco contemplating taking money for interviews as not much different than people who are ex-cons, former addicts, etc who perform motivational speaking engagements or participate in documentaries or interviews for money. He had a documented medical condition, a family history of serious mental illness and significant childhood trauma. I got no issue w/ Franco getting his coins and at this point I'm loving that he seems to get that his own sense of self-worth isn't reliant on what others think and that he is gonna turn the tables on those perceptions and get this MONEY. I wish his wife could grasp that.

Side note: He was dead wrong for that "not a real artist" comment and I don't blame Liz one bit for being salty w/ him about that but overall, I'm siding with Franco. If Liz is comfortable with who she married she should be comfortable letting him do what he feels he needs to do for their family and talking about his past. Its not illegal and we all know she happily took blood money from Jason over the years and didn't seem panini pressed about it.
        Last edited by O_Snap!; May 5, 2020, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• victorialord
          victorialord commented
          Editing a comment
          THANK YOU! Yes, she took money from Jason & also like most of the town, has no problem with how Sonny earns his money.
          Franco wants to sell his story & his art to support his family. He's not selling his body.

• LovingLiz
          LovingLiz commented
          Editing a comment
          Um if you watched each time Jason gave Liz money, he always made sure to tell her it was money he made legally. He never gave Liz mob money, never bought Liz anything with mob money, even his house and 5 million, when he arranged it made sure with Diane it was just clean Q money.

• O_Snap!
          O_Snap! commented
          Editing a comment
          It doesn't matter when the feds seize or freeze a criminal's money and assets whether it was earned legally or through their illegal activity. They are pretty much coming for everything and there is no such thing as clean money if you take it from someone who is a murderous thug. Jason could sell Avon and give Liz the money and work for Sonny as his part time job. It doesn't change the fact he is a criminal who still kills people for money and she on some level reinforces that it's ok for him to do that by taking his money (whether he claims its clean or not) and letting him be around their child. It was naive of her to rationalize taking his money on the pinky swear that it was clean.

I don't feel sorry for him. He chose to live in the same town that he terrorized. If he wants his past to not be constantly brought up maybe he shouldn't live so close to his victims.
        Shelly, Moderator
        soapcentral.com

Email Me

How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.- Mr. Rogers.

Comment

Is anyone really sad about hiatus taking away the ten year revisit of francophrania

Comment

When it comes to Franco's past really bad deeds, I feel sorry for him (as a SOAP character) in one big way. He has had his criminal past brought up over and over and over and over again ....even though he had a BRAIN TUMOR....more than any other character (who should have gone to prison)....

...MEANWHILE there are some criminals (and we know who they are) who rarely have to face the YOU-did-crap onslaught ....even 10% as much!! And a brain tumor never made them hurt people or break laws or make a MOCKERY of the legal system. Their power over TPTB at GH for decades, not the Franco character, have made the PCPD a General Hospital joke. And they also get the most verbal praise, in the most scenes, too!

Comment

I love Franco and I am rooting for him and Liz. I will be very unhappy if they make him go dark or diminish he devotion to Liz and the boys.

People that don’t like him are always going to bring up his pre-tumor deeds, it’s just like the people that don’t like sonny are going to bring all of his misdeeds. People that don’t like Sam Are going to bring up she used to sleep, marry, and rip off old men.

oh and on a side note General Hospital need to STOP Liz money problem story lines.
            Last edited by Lil Fey; May 5, 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• LovingLiz
              LovingLiz commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I'm ready for Friz to end, their build was good they have been married over a year now, time to move them on. And yes stop the Liz money problem stories. They make no sense anymore. She should make good money enough to support the whole middle class family on her own, no child support even needed.
              I do wish they would acknowledge what Liz did with the money from the house that blew up. We saw when she was house shopping she was going to get a loan and use her savings and earnings from her job to pay for it, which means she opted to NOT use the insurance money from the house Jason bought her. It would be nice if Jason was going on accounts with Diane or Spin, and note that one was an account to pay Jake child support and point out Liz never cashes the checks or something and also note she also sent Jason back the money he used to pay for her house when he was that other guy. Oh and while they are at it, find out that trial drug ended up being approved years later and Liz repaid him that also, with a lot of interest.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X